+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2742668;

No kidding! Exactly what I was talking about! And I was not disparaging YOU. I was talking about how a lot of people think of service industry people, in general. Little do they know....
    There we go again the "little" do they know...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

You guys are just a hoot!
    Can I have some of what you guys are having?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2742709;
    You guys are just a hoot!
    Can I have some of what you guys are having?
    maybe just a 'little' bit

Along the lines of being nice to those in the "service" industry - I was in line at the pharmacy a couple of months ago and there was a woman (40ish) being waited on at the counter. She was yelling at the cashier because her prescription would not be ready for another 5 minutes. She went on and on about how she had somewhere to be and had been out of medicine for a week now, and was getting very belligerent. I'm was secretly hoping it was for some type of sedative Anyway, I saw one of the people in the pharmacy counting out pills and a couple dropped on the floor - I swear she looked directly at the lady having a full-on fit, picked up the pills from the floor and put them in the rx bottle! It took all I had not to laugh out loud - but that lady had it coming. And what do you know, hers was the next prescription bottle put up...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2742719;
    maybe just a 'little' bit
    Oh, this is just getting to be a "little" too much.

I've always said it is a good way to judge a persons true character by how they treat people in service industry jobs (servers, cashiers, etc.).
    If they ignore them or are rude, then that's probably not someone you really want to know well. At least in my opinion.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2742818;
    I've always said it is a good way to judge a persons true character by how they treat people in service industry jobs (servers, cashiers, etc.).
    If they ignore them or are rude, then that's probably not someone you really want to know well. At least in my opinion.
    I totally agree. I went out to dinner with a coworker a few years ago, and she was so rude to the waitress, I almost died from embarrassment. She yelled at her from across the restaurant, complained that our drinks didn't come quickly enough, etc., etc. I was so afraid the waitress was going to spit in our food to get back at her. Then to top it all off, she called the manager over to dispute our check. She said we were overcharged (we weren't). The wait staff and the manager were all doing that fake smile and cold politeness bit. She paid the bill, said it was her treat. After we left the restaurant, I ran back in to leave another tip because I was afraid she had stiffed our waitress.

The real problem was, because she paid, I felt like I owed her a dinner. There was no way I was dealing with all her nonsense again. So I picked up her favorite lunch and brought it to work so I wouldn't have to go out in public with her again. And I did my best to avoid her at work after that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2742818;
    Oh, this is just getting to be a "little" too much.

A Little does go a long way....no?

If memory serves, this is where pet peeves went - I just got done ordering from my favorite catolog and with the phone shouldered right up to my ear, the woman taking my order suddenly coughed a loud hacking cough right into the receiver! I couldn't remove it fast enough and now I'm practically deaf in that ear! Give me a break. You don't have the common curtesy to turn away (ok maybe she was wearing a headset). Ow!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2743491;
    If memory serves, this is where pet peeves went - I just got done ordering from my favorite catolog and with the phone shouldered right up to my ear, the woman taking my order suddenly coughed a loud hacking cough right into the receiver! I couldn't remove it fast enough and now I'm practically deaf in that ear! Give me a break. You don't have the common curtesy to turn away (ok maybe she was wearing a headset). Ow!
    This happened to me recently after waiting 20 minutes to speak with someone at my cable company. They turned our service off mistaking us for a neighbor. I ended up speaking to someone who coughed and sneezed in my ear repeatedly then told me that even though it was their fault, my service could not be restored until the next day.

MRD

Well I heard from my friend in Florida. Her daughter arrived safely after the long delay at the airport. She had not been home 24 hours when she fell off her bike (no helmet) and knocked herself out. She was dizzy, blurred vision, throwing up, etc. They rushed her to the hospital, they did xrays and cat scan, pronounced her fine, no concussion. But the kid could not stop throwing up and was complaining that her head hurt. They also could not keep her awake and she wasn't making sense when she talked. They were up all night with her throwing up, so back to the ER yesterday with her, where they just gave her something for the nausea and told the mom to take her to her regular dr. on Mon. if the throwing up and headache persists.

I feel badly for all of them, but I do feel a sense of relief that this did not happen when she was here. Oh, boy, I would have felt awful if that had happened on my watch.

I sure hope this makes her wear her bike helmet after this too.

I would have questioned the ER doc's too as this just doesn't sound right to me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread