+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5782Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It's currently 14F and hellish. So paradoxical.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

MRD, On behalf of all who work at airports, I thank you for your patience and knowledge that what happens in the skies is neither our fault nor a master plan to screw up your plans. If only half the people I encounter on a daily basis were as understanding as you, everyone involved would find their airport experience to be much less taxing.

MRD

Interestingly enough, I've flown Allegiant several times and so has my daughter with only one delay and it wasn't long. The only time I've been late was when a thunderstorm opened up seconds after the plane door was shut and we sat on the taxiway for 45 min. as the entire airport was closed during the probably ONLY storm we got in the entire summer drought. What usually happens is that my daughter flies in from Florida and they invariably arrive 20 min. EARLY causing her to (OH MY GOD) have to wait on the curb until I get there.

I look at it this way. If you are paying for cheap and I do mean CHEAP tickets, then you get what you pay for. If you really want to be on time (and make the Orange Bowl as one gentlemen was complaining about. If you are flying in to a big bowl game, I do believe I would have flown the day before), then go with the more expensive carriers. Allegiant is ALL about the cheap ticket. So I don't feel like I can complain much when I paid $39 for the seat. At least I get a seat and am not forced to fly standing up.

Also, I know that poor David and Robert at the gate did NOT make the planes coming from Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando late. David and Robert do not operate the schedules or the computers or fly the planes. They just smile and act helpful when you know they want to punch someone. They hand out free drinks and pizza and stickers to the kids. They try to make a long wait a tad better and they are just doing their jobs all the while getting screamed at, verbally abused, cussed at and at one point, physically accosted by a drunk.

I wrote to Allegiant to praise both men and the other staff that day because I KNOW that Allegiant will get 399 complaints about the delays and I wanted them to know that at Greenville/Spartanburg, their staff remained upbeat and polite despite the growing discontent among passengers.

It doesn't excuse the fact that apparantly Allegiant is ALWAYS late, but at least the staff doesn't make it worse. In fact, everyone at GSP is always very polite and nice and helpful. From the parking lot attendents to the restaurant hostess, we've always encountered friendly cheerful people there (and usually ONLY there as in Orlando/Sanford, they only hire surly people and most other airports, some of the staff that work there have acted like its a major inconvenience to actually be doing their jobs-not everywhere, but in a lot of airports I've visited, especially the really large ones.)

Again, I look at it this way. If I was flying American or Delta and I paid $300-$400 for a ticket, then I'd feel like I should expect a certain level of service. But with Allegiant you pay so little for a flight, that I expect to be riding on something equivilant to the 3rd world bus with the families with goats and chickens in their laps, so I don't expect much AND I fly a day or so earlier than I need to be there

We also use Allegiant because they do go to the smaller regional airports, so no big hassle with Orlando or Tampa International which are both a pain to get in and out of. I also figure that travel days (the days I have to drive or fly) are pretty much wasted, so never plan a lot for that day anyway at my destination.

Bewty, there are several industries where employees seem to get the brunt of everything and airports and airlines fall into that category. I know there are delays. I've flown enough in my lifetime to know that all kinds of things can happen. And in the case of the plane coming from Ft. Lauderdale, they had maintenence issues. I'd much rather know my repair crew took their time to fix the problem so I wouldn't fall out of the sky halfway to my destination.

They never said what the problem was with the Sanford/Orlando flight my little friend was on. But you would have thought they personally decided to make her flight late just for her. I spent most of my time trying to calm her down and explain that there are always delays and they can't be helped. I didn't want to alarm her with mechcanical difficulties.

Anyway, I'd have much rather spent the 7 hours anywhere else. I did miss a doctors appt yesterday afternoon. But there was not a lot I could do about it. It was out of my control and the control of EVERYONE at GSP as the problems originated in Florida.
    Sometimes you just have to let it go and know that there is NOTHING you or anyone around you can do about the situation. Be prepared with a book or something to pass the time.

But yesterday was actually kind of funny. These people acted like this was the first delay EVER of an airline flight. I mean, for almost 100 years, planes have been arriving on time in every single airport of the world except this one and it was a disaster of major proportions. Get a grip people. I should have marched them down to one of the other gates where I watched 4families put 4 boys in uniform on a plane bound for Maryland and "Advanced Infantry Training". After basic training and then "AIT", you know exactly where these 4 boys are headed and you can bet they'd have loved a 7 hour delay to have spent more time with their familes at the airport.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Miracle of Miracles!!!! I was first on the schedule for the microwave repairman and he was done and gone by 8:15am!!!!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2741308;
    Miracle of Miracles!!!! I was first on the schedule for the microwave repairman and he was done and gone by 8:15am!!!!!!
    Hooray for you!

I hate that time frame they give you like we all have all day to sit around and wait.

I had a friend once who had waited and waited for the cable repairman to come.Sometime after that he was late paying his bill that month and they called him about it and he said it would be in the mail sometime between the 15th and the 25th. They were NOT amused.

I hate planning my whole day on a repairman, too..and they never can tell you in what general timeframe they're coming.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2741319;
    I hate planning my whole day on a repairman, too..and they never can tell you in what general timeframe they're coming.
    We had the fridge repaired on Wed. It started warming up on New Year's Day. We called a local repair service we've used in the past right at 8 o'clock on Jan. 2 and the repairman came right out and was finished by 9. I was shocked and amazed. AND it was under $60 for the repair. They will get more of our business that's for sure.

I've had good luck with the repairs I've needed on my washing machine. It seems that I live between the repairman and his place of business, so it is easier for him to come here on his way to work than to go into town and come back.

Speaking of repairs and appliances, do any of you own the popular front-loading washers? I still have my top-loader, and find it difficult to find the right version of Tide. ALL of the bottles of Tide around here are for front-loaders or HE machines.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2741409;
    Speaking of repairs and appliances, do any of you own the popular front-loading washers? I still have my top-loader, and find it difficult to find the right version of Tide. ALL of the bottles of Tide around here are for front-loaders or HE machines.
    I use Tide-free in my top-loader and don't have any trouble finding it here in NW Ohio. I usually get it at Giant Eagle or Target. Which version do you use?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread