+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5832Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2740204;
    I'd love to, mrd! But in a little warmer temp than even yours.
    It's supposed to be back to the high 50's or low 60's here by Sun. I can't wait.

But don't come in the summer. We had several days of 106 temps last summer. UGH. I think I'd rather be cold than that hot. I can put on a lot of clothes to stay warm, but you can't take off enough to stay cool. Well that is and not get arrested if you go outside your house.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Right here, right now it is a balmy -17c (1f). Because we've had an abnormally copious amount of snow over the past few weeks, I've had to take transit to work rather than my bike. So this morning, because it's nippy, the streetcar line became disengaged, shutting down all westbound cars on Queen Street. I had to get off the streetcar and keep my fingers crossed for a cab. Of course, because all transit was stopped, there were no cabs available. Eventually they sent a bus to pick up all the thousands upon thousands of people who had been stranded on their way to work.

This has all made it very clear to me, once again, why I ride my bike to work, come -20 temperatures and hurricanes with 90k winds. It is just wrong that what is usually a 30 minute commute by bicycle ends up taking one and a half hours when left in the hands of the professionals.

It also reinforces my fondness for my less expensive LL Bean version of Uggs, regardless of anyone's opinions of them. I have never worn anything warmer or more comfortable on my feet, and they were the sole pleasurable feature of this hellish morning.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2740186;
    My bones ache just reading your cold weather posts. It's 36 outside and I'm ready for winter to be over. If we get a light dusting of snow everything shuts down. What's this inches thing you all speak of?? Two or three years ago it snowed on Christmas Eve and everyone was in awe. It was the first time some of our adult neighbors saw snow falling. The snow of course didn't stick to the ground because it was too warm, but some of the outside furniture and plants looked a bit white for about 30 minutes.
    36 degrees -- wooo hoooo , Heat wave, we're having a heat wave.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

We have a nice balmy 12 degrees with 6 inches of snow on the ground. We are supposed to get up to 40 tomorrow then we will get hit with the snow again this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 6 inches. I am used to it, though. Living in Utah you have to be.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Well I'm putting the 11 year old on the plane in about an hour. Have mixed emotions. I miss being around her and her family like we used to be. She can be really sweet and fun, but it has also been taxing and a little stressful.

She had a good overall trip and we had a lot of fun. Just a few minor incidents, but the good outweighed the bad.

I'm just not used to that age anymore as you have to constantly remind them to do the basics, like bathe or brush teeth.

Will be glad to get the house back to semi-normal. Waldo will be sad. He thinks our houseguest is the best thing since milkbones.

With all this cold weather talk, I have to add that I am now LOVING turtlenecks. I used to hate them, but aside from being warm, they hide some of that old lady neck wattle and are very face flattering. I used to hate having anything even remotely around my neck, but boy, these are so comfy and warm, that I dont' mind it. I like the mock turtlenecks too.

I used to hate having anything even remotely around my neck
    That's a sure sign that you were hanged in a previous life

I have that too. I had disc surgery on my neck nearly 20 years ago - still can't wear turtlenecks and scarves tied around my neck.

which brings me back to my foot pain. been 4 weeks since the surgery, and i can walk around pretty much fine. but I can't tolerate a sock, let alone shoes. or the sheets on it at night.
    I'm supposed to walk, but we have several inches of snow and barefoot just ain't gonna do it.

talked to the Dr this morning, and we suspect I may have RSD - reflex sympathy distrophy. where my nerves go into overdrive - the pain is awful - but the bone and incision are healing nicely. Hopefully, the Physical therapy I am starting tomorrow can help. cause I don't like taking pain pills - but sometimes it is the only relief.

and it sounds like I have this RSD thing - it explains why I can't have things on my neck, why 5 years after an accident I still can't tolerate anyone holding my ankle above where it was broken, or can't wear a watch or jewelry on my right wrist, which was compressed pretty good in the accident.

its a relief to know there is actually a possible 'reason' for this stupid pain. Now I just hope it goes away with the therapy. and maybe they will know more about it - I don't have an official diagnosis - but the internet is a wonderful place to find info - and it sure sounds like it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2740339;
    That's a sure sign that you were hanged in a previous life
    I may hang myself in this one. The kids flight has been delayed 3 hours. I'm trying to figure out how to get to the dr. appt. I need to go to and the airport. And neither the dr. office or the airline is answering calls.
    I started calling the dr. office about 20 min. ago. Now they're at lunch. ARGH!!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After the hellish, dry summer that I went through in 2007, I am not complaining about the cold weather. Layering your clothes really will negate the cold temps. I got so good at it that 6 degrees was no different than 32 degrees. I'm not particularly looking forward to Spring, since we tend to skip over it and get right on back into h-e-l-l!!! I'm hoping for a surprise this year!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well today I acutally got to wear a wool sweater I bought last winter at Cabela's. That thing is itchy!. I also put a silk turtleneck underneath it. I was determined not to be cold this am. Plus, my bus has a track record of breaking down the first day of school after the holidays. Well no breakdowns standing in the cold waiting for mechanics, but I did have 2 lenses snap off because of the cold.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread