+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

As you know, my 11 year old friend is visiting. And am I EXHAUSTED. I am not used to the high energy and all the entertaining that go into an 11 year old. My daughter pretty much wants me to leave her alone, so I've gotten used to that and now I am the main form of entertainment for the kid that's here, which is fine as she's fun, but I've got to take a nap or I can't keep up.

My daughter's bf got Sing Star 80's and it's like Kareoke, but it has the actually music video for the song as well as the original song with lyrics. (I need the lyrics to help me). And it has the words on it like Kareoke.
    Well Tay and I sang for 2 hours on Sat. We had a BLAST and to the amazement of both me and my family, I didn't suck. I'm not ready for American Idol, but I apparantly sing better than I thought. I got "lead singer" on Tempted by Squeeze. And Tay does Material Girl really well.
    We had such a good time and I was horse from singing by the end.
    I've already told her mother to get her this for her birthday in Feb. She has loved it. (me too. ha, my inner frustrated singer has found a new outlet. )

Today we are headed to the "dark corner". The area of the county near the NC border and where the mountains start. There is a covered bridge (the last in SC) and an old stone bridge built in 1820 that is said to be haunted. We will also visit a state park and picnic. Supposed to be sunny and 60 here today before we get plunged in the freezer on Wed.

There are also a couple country type general stores (the 11 year old has NOT done enough shopping. ) I want to visit (boiled peanuts!!!).

I don't know if I'll be up at midnight tonight.
    I do know that I plan to sleep from Thur until Sun after I put her on the plane back home this week.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I lurve me some boiled peanuts!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well - I emailed my cable company and said I wanted to downgrade to basic/standard since I rarely watch the higher number channels and I got an email back saying they were sorry to hear I wanted to do that, but they could give me a 15.00 per month discount for the next year. so instead of saving 30.00 I'll be saving 15.00, but I'll be paying what I was in 2004. tee hee, then I can decide another time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I got an email back saying they were sorry to hear I wanted to do that, but they could give me a 15.00 per month discount for the next year
    Offers like that drive me batty. If I'm such a valued customer, why must I be on the verge of leaving before you'll give me a break?

I just canceled my subscription to our local paper. Why after 20 years of getting it, paying $44 for 12 weeks to find out I get get the subscription thru our cable company for $30 for 12 weeks, BUT that rate is for new subscribers only. I am steamed. I just read the darned thing online I guess.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2737751;
    Offers like that drive me batty. If I'm such a valued customer, why must I be on the verge of leaving before you'll give me a break?
    I agree - why not just give people that have services after a long time a "discount"? I mean I am not one to keep changing different services to get the best prices always, too much hassle.

Just like my cell phone service - I hardly use it, and after seeing and using the jitterbug I bought for my parents I am going to cancel my AT & T service and buy the jitterbug, payback will be 3 1/2 months for the cost of the phone and the $10.00 per month plus .35 cents a minute will still be cheaper than the 49.95 with AT & T and the phone will be just what I wanted from day one a phone with no camera, no internet nothing. I may get voicemail but not sure yet.
    Last edited by just1paul; 12-31-2007 at 02:20 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why, when my local Sunday newspaper supposedly sells for $2.75 (in stores and from the newspaper machines), can they sell it at certain corner locations (manned by people), for $1.00?? You don't get it that cheaply even if you subscribe. I may go out and buy 1 once or twice/year, but I usually just read my newspaper online....complete with crossword puzzles.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love reading the newspaper. In print. I subscribe to one of the two local papers and often spend 50 cents to buy the other one so I can read it while I'm eating lunch.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2737791;
    I love reading the newspaper. In print. I subscribe to one of the two local papers and often spend 50 cents to buy the other one so I can read it while I'm eating lunch.
    I actually get up a half-hour earlier in the morning than the rest of my household so I can have some quiet time to read the paper with my coffee. I love the newspaper as well, and I do spend the money for a subscription because it's just not the same reading it online. I do read my hometown newspaper online though, to keep up with what's going on there.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2737818;
    I actually get up a half-hour earlier in the morning than the rest of my household so I can have some quiet time to read the paper with my coffee. I love the newspaper as well, and I do spend the money for a subscription because it's just not the same reading it online. I do read my hometown newspaper online though, to keep up with what's going on there.
    I read my hometown paper online and the local paper online. I like the fact that I dont have newspaper laying around waiting to be recycled and taking up space and making more clutter.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread