+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6256Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2736406;
    Has anyone had any experience with the pizza place, Papa Murphy's? They make your pizza, and then you take it home and cook it. If you have, how was it?
    MrCoz and I really like it. Chicago style stuffed is great. The family style Chicago (probably any of the stuffed ones) will easily feed 4 adults. I'm usually full after 1 piece, and so is MrCoz. We've had the 1 topping regular pizza too. We like it all, but the Chicago is our favorite. If you are in a hurry for the pizza it's not so great, but it's closest you can get to homemade without actually making it! We think it's the best of pizza places, with just some cooking time. Because you bake it yourself it's really fresh too. We always call ahead, and if you ask you can find out what temp to set your oven for so that it's ready when you come home with the pizza. They have coupons all the time, and they don't really expire, even if they say for a limited time. (that could depend on your area too.)

We saw Papa Murphy's commerical for the Chicago style. Thinking of getting it. We're not big pizza lovers here, but it did look pretty good.

At Christmas I went to Chicago to see my sister and brought DH home some stuffed pizza. I just stuck it in the trunk of the car and at 24 degrees out it was ice cold all the way home. First time I had ever driven in Chicago and I'm proud to say I only had one person flip me off and ran just 2 stop signs. My 16 year old just loved rolling his eyes at his old mum.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I tried it at a friends. She had brought the Papa Murphy's pizza home and then baked it. I thought it was pretty good. I just don't think I'd ever go get a pizza to take home and bake. I think I'd rather have a pizza delivered. OH well, that's just me I guess!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2736598;
    First time I had ever driven in Chicago and I'm proud to say I only had one person flip me off and ran just 2 stop signs. My 16 year old just loved rolling his eyes at his old mum.
    That was me...sorry about that!

MRD

I'm telling you guys, we have 40 plots if anyone wants one.

None of my brothers or sister lives there, they did not grow up there like I did and none of us plans on being buried, except my sister and she is going to be buried elsewhere.

So we could have one big FORT plot and put our screennames on the stones.

(morbid, I know, but come on, it is kinda funny)

I mean, how many people do you know that own that many plots outside of the cemetary owners? Yeah, I would have preferred to inherit other things, but when it's all you've got . My brother looked into selling them, but because they were originally in my great-grandfather's name, we'd have to hire an attorney to do all the legal stuff to get them in our name and then by that time and selling them and splitting it (acutally it has to be split 6 ways because my dad's sister had 2 kids and their are heirs as well) it wouldn't be worth it. And believe me, that brother KNOWS exactly how much things are worth. So I'll let him decide when the land value has gone up enough to go to the trouble of selling them. Maybe when the cemetary runs out of room, they'll be worth more. Oh, that was bad. Sorry.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2736671;
    Maybe when the cemetary runs out of room, they'll be worth more. Oh, that was bad. Sorry.
    There's a cemetery around here that has a sign that says "Rest Assured - We Have Space." That sign always makes me laugh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It's amazing what cemeteries will sell as a burial space. With cremation becoming more popular, a cemetery for whom I occasionally survey is now selling 2'x2' (and smaller) "plots" into which four vertical tubes are placed. The ashes (pardon me, the cremains ) are then placed in the tubes. I don't remember for certain, but I think that I was told that the tubes are schedule-40 PVC pipes.

If at the time of my death I am still living where I currently reside, my ex-wife has agreed to scatter my ashes within a ring of oak trees that we planted shortly after we bought the land.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

So how many of ya'll are going to be here for NYE?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2736917;
    There's a cemetery around here that has a sign that says "Rest Assured - We Have Space." That sign always makes me laugh.
    When Hurricane Charley hit, one of the cemeteries (the kind with no headstones, just the vase for the flowers) had barricades at the entrance and a piece of old, paint faded plywood with "Cemtary Closed" spray painted on it. I took a picture of it because I thought it was funny. Both the spelling and the fact that it was closed. I do have a morbid sense of humor.

And while I can't spell either, I do take delight when I see others misspell things so the sign was just funny to me on several levels.

One of the other very small rural towns near where I grew up had a funeral home and cremetory named after the two partners. I always thought it was funny too as it was in an area with a lot of hunters. The name: Crispy-Coon Funeral Home. Seriously that is the name of it.

And another area near there had a rather large cemetery out in the middle of nowhere and in one corner of the cemetery was a brick office building that had a sign that said: Life Insurance. I always thought that was kind of funny and ironic.

OK, I'll get off the cemetery humor now.

Amy Lee, I'll be checking in and out. We're fonduing, so dont know how long that will take, but I'm sure I will be over it and need a break periodically.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2736995;

One of the other very small rural towns near where I grew up had a funeral home and cremetory named after the two partners. I always thought it was funny too as it was in an area with a lot of hunters. The name: Crispy-Coon Funeral Home. Seriously that is the name of it.

Ok, that was seriously funny. It sounds like they cremate marsupials there.

+ Reply to Thread