+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6262Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2736039;
    Then we go out to eat and after dinner she asks me to hand her her wallet which was in my purse. She roots around and pulls out a $5 bill and hands it to my husband and says: "this is for my dinner". He was trying so hard not to laugh and he had the good grace to take it and thank her and not turn her down because she was SO earnest.
    Aww, how cute is that? She sounds like a great kid.

livin4reality - That popcorn bark sounds delicious. Anything with pretzels, chocolate, and popcorn can't be bad.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2736054;
    After my mother buried my father I got a phone call from her explaining that besides his and hers, there was one plot left over in the family area of the cemetary and since I was most likely to die first and the only one without a spouse, she put my name on it. Um... thanks.
    I don't even know what to say to that post Gut....I know its your mom but that was a big
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

After my mother buried my father I got a phone call from her explaining that besides his and hers, there was one plot left over in the family area of the cemetary and since I was most likely to die first and the only one without a spouse, she put my name on it. Um... thanks.
    WHAT?!!!! No she did not! How rude! And creepy weird...and presumptious!!!

In 2001 when one of my Aunts died, my parents decided to buy a niche for their urns also underneath the one for my aunt & uncle, a few spaces away from my Grandparents. I got a call from my Mom one day saying that they had bought a niche for 4 urns (my parents, myself and my Uncle) and it was all paid for including the engraving of the names. So now here I was at 43 years old able to go see my name on the niche with the year of my birth and the blank spot JUST WAITING for the year I croak. It made me a bit uneasy for a few months but now I'm used to it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well, I do have a history of cancer now, and to her generation, that means early death. She figured the others would want to be buried with their spouses. And that's how my mom is. But yeah, not the most tactful, my mum.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Well I know that there are 2 plots next to my dad (and my mom when she dies) and they are available for either me or my brother. Doesn't bother me knowing its mine if I wanted it but it would be slightly creepy to see my name and birthdate on there.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

My mother's name/birthdate isn't on the tombstone...just my dad's information. She doesn't want hers added until after she passes away, and I completely understand it.

Well, a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving, my grandma (my dad's mom) offered my mom one of the cemetary plots she bought. My mom chirpily said "sure!"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone had any experience with the pizza place, Papa Murphy's? They make your pizza, and then you take it home and cook it. If you have, how was it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2736406;
    Has anyone had any experience with the pizza place, Papa Murphy's? They make your pizza, and then you take it home and cook it. If you have, how was it?
    I like it. But my oven really is not good, so I hardly ever eat it. My favorite pizza of thiers is a chicken one, made with a garlic cream sauce instead of the usual pizza sauce.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread