+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I bet that got his attention, Gutmutter!

Aww, don't feel too bad, misskitty. I've only known one man in my life that was a great gift getter. Some stupid gifts I've gotten from guys for birthdays/Christmas: a sponge to wash my car (ooo, but it matched the color of my car!), Tweety bird underwear (so not my style ), CD's that had obviously been opened and listened to for months, a bottle of liquor (I rarely drink)....the list goes on and on.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

My ex got me two finches because we had been in a pet store and I mentioned that the $1700 parrot was pretty. I guess that meant I wanted to own a bird.

but, at least you got the bird (or two) dag.

I wanted a dragonfly brooch this year. I picked out a couple I liked, not too expensive, but quite lovely. Hubby got me one that is simple, small, and quite nice. But I still ordered the other 2. (and by not too expensive, I mean under $20 - I don't have fancy tastes in pins cause i usually end up running them through the laundry.

I did make it clear several years ago, that items purchased for me for the motorcycle were NOT gifts to me. a cushy seat is a requirement, not a GIFT. my gifts are small and shiny and nothing to do with the motorcycle.

but I have now started an ongoing wish list on amazon following my kids example to make life easier.
    Although I got it started late - so just ordered 3 of the things I really wanted/needed myself.

which is the biggest problem. He tries, but I just buy myself what I want when I want it.

but I think I'll keep it updated - there is a birthday coming up....

Way back in the 40s, my mom's birthday was just a month after they got married. My dad really tried, but got her some kitchen item, maybe a dutch oven, because she had commented on liking his mother's. She let him know that it was NOT acceptable.

She usually just told him exactly what she wanted, but he was really sweet and always wanted to get her one thing that "she didn't know about". When we three girls got old enough, the routine would go something like this.....

Dad - "Let's go shopping this Saturday to get a present that your mom doesn't know about."
    Daughter(s) - "Okay" (Scurries off to find mom.)
    Daughter(s) - "Mom, what do you want from Dad that you don't know about?"
    Mom - proceeds to describe exactly what she wanted, specific emerald earrings from a particular jewelers are one that I remember.
    Shopping with Dad....
    Daughter(s) - "Let's go by such-and-such jewelers.......She'd just love these emerald earrings!!!!"
    Christmas Morning....
    Mom - "H, they're beautiful!!!!!" She was a great faker!!!

I don't know if he ever did catch on. He's been gone for 13 years. I'll have to ask her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2735535;
    I had a friend whose new husband picked up a small box of chocolates for their first Valentine's day. She gave him the Mona look and dumped them in the trash.

I am reading all of these posts and I am smiling. I get to my dear Gutmutters post and now I am LAUGHING. Thank You.

Speaking of shopping - When I worked in retail I used to love shopping for gifts for people, but now I do not like it at all, HENCE the gift card category.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MissKitty, I just have to ask. What pass along present are you getting?
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Irritating people

I like being friendly with neighbors, but I feel that some of them are trying to suck me into their lives and I don't want anything to do with some of these people. Someone who I don't even know emailed a list of things we should all cook for someone else (who I barely know, but don't like very much) who had a baby HALF A YEAR AGO -- yes, six months ago! -- and put my name down on a grid to cook on three days for her family. OK, I'm all for helping people out, but I'm thinking, "Um, why isn't her husband cooking for her?" He's on vacation for the next two weeks and has nothing to do but take care of her and the baby if that's what they need to do...they have no other children. They also had a list of things that they will and won't eat...and I was really annoyed. These aren't indigent people who need help. They have a maid. They have a gardener. They have a service to come by to shovel their snow for them. Why don't they just order out if they don't want to cook? They're just lazy if you ask me! If the baby was just born, I'd be more likely to help. But six months ago, people!

Anyhow, I'm not cooking for them. I don't even know where they live. What would you do? Just not do it or email the person who sent the odd request and say, "Who the heck are you?"

reply:
    I respectfully decline your offer to be an unpaid servent for people I don't know (who have their own servents) by a person I don't know. Please do not pimp my time in the future.

meant in humor - year end doldrums

I like your reply Schmoo2...

Real reply: Thank you for thinking of me, but my schedule does not permit me free time to do this for you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2735625;
    Real reply: Thank you for thinking of me, but my schedule does not permit me free time to do this for you.
    NUTS! I already sent out schmoo's reply...

That's perfect gabriel...thank you. (Can I add, "And who the heck are you and how did you get my email?!" Maybe that's a little rude...)

(And let's face it folks, I'm not even the best cook. I really don't know why anyone would want me to cook for them! My cookies or cakes, yes! But not an actual entree!)

+ Reply to Thread