+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5663Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2734835;
    Sushi sounds really good. I could do that for sure and enjoy the evening so much more. Gonna talk to the man about getting sushi for us...the kids aren't very into it and it's so expensive if the entire family eats a couple rolls each.
    Get the kids a pizza and you and the man can have sushi! Everyone's happy!

We will probably stay up til midnight, my daughters birthday is the first and she loves to ring in her birthday. Not planning on going outside the house, though. I have no interest in playing dodge the drunk.

My best NYE was a few years ago when a few friends (all couples) and hubby and I rented a cottage up north and spent 2-3 days there. We could party as much as we wanted, then crash in our beds. I'd love to do it again, but many are now single and most have no kids. It wouldn't be the same thing.

Change of topic:
    Hey Diddle Diddle, the cat and the fiddle.
    The cow jumped over the moon,
    The little dog laughed to see such sport,
    and the dish ran away with the spoon.
    What the heck is that supposed to be? I was reading it to my son tonight and couldn't help shaking my head over it. It's worse than the lullaby that sings
    down will come baby, cradle and all.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2734900;
    My best NYE was a few years ago when a few friends (all couples) and hubby and I rented a cottage up north and spent 2-3 days there. We could party as much as we wanted, then crash in our beds. I'd love to do it again, but many are now single and most have no kids. It wouldn't be the same thing.

Change of topic:

What the heck is that supposed to be? I was reading it to my son tonight and couldn't help shaking my head over it. It's worse than the lullaby that sings
    I always thought most nursery rhymes were just silly rhymes to entertain kids. The rock a bye baby one is kind of morbid. I used to think that too. And ring around the rosie has morbid beginnings. It's a song about the black plague.

We used to go to the beach for a few days with 2 other couples that had kids around our daughter's age. It was a lot of fun because we could make margaritas and crash in the condo and not have to drive. The kids were old enough that it wasn't like we had to be on top of them. They were 10-13 years old. We didn't get falling down drunk either, but it was nice to know we could have drinks and not worry about anyone having to drive. There were a few cases of drinking and fishing though.

Dag, my aunt was born on Jan. 1 also and she always said that they lit fireworks to bring in her birthday. Wish little dag a happy one.
    (my grandfather was born on Flag day and he used to say they put out the flags for his birthday. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Have any of you been to holiday parties where they serve NO non-alcoholic beverages? I'm not a drinker, so I'm always the designated driver, which is fine. But I went to a Christmas party not long ago and for the second year in a row, they had nothing for me to drink but tap water. Ew. I don't want to drink tap water as my "drink." No Diet Coke, no juice, nothing. I was actually really annoyed. I don't expect the hosts to cater to my every dietary need (and I'll eat anything! But I don't drink and drive!), but when at least half the people there were driving, you'd think they'd get a few bottles of root beer or Perrier or something. What were they thinking? And these are people with children!

I almost brought my own drinks this year but I thought, "No, they won't be this rude again..." Next year, I'll bring a couple six packs of soda for myself and the other non drinkers. You wouldn't think I'd have to...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 12-27-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Fixing typos!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I was going to say Lois...next year definitely bring your own drinks! It is rather inconsiderate of the hosts NOT to have something for the non-drinkers...were they all drinking beer or just straight alcohol? You would think they would have something to mix with the hard stuff...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2735047;
    I was going to say Lois...next year definitely bring your own drinks! It is rather inconsiderate of the hosts NOT to have something for the non-drinkers...were they all drinking beer or just straight alcohol? You would think they would have something to mix with the hard stuff...
    They were drinking beer and wine mostly... There was cider served, but it was spiked, and that stuff makes me queasy)... You know, this happened when I was in my 20's but it was more expected 'cause the people throwing it were twentysomething idiots... but you'd think people in their late 30's/early 40's would be more considerate...and you wouldn't think I'd be stupid enough to get into this situation again a second year in a row. And I brought something to the party--but I should've just brought non alcoholic beverages instead! D'oh!

My sweetie is driving up tomorrow for the New Year's weekend. We plan to see a couple of his friends up here, but I let him know I am not quite up-to-snuff these days and I will probably need a nap if he wants me to be up to bring in the New Year at the midnight hour. No big parties or drinking this year for me anyway. He is welcome to stay up with the kitties!

BTW: I have a question. If a person gives you a gift that they received as a gift, it's called re-gifting.

What if the person bought themself something, decided they didn't want it, was too lazy to take it back, and decided to give it to you and say it was a "gift"? It was never bought for you in the first place. Is that re-gifted or non-gifted, or just a re-jected gifting? Or is it a hand-me-down?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How about a "pass-along"? I always wish that people would just give me gift certificates/cards and be done with it! I can even make it really simple.....bookstores!!! I prefer to buy my own "special gifts", instead of usually having to 'fake it'!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2734834;
    Amy Lee, I swear that New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day were created solely to torture single women... But I can tell you this. Before I got married, I had been on some pretty horrendous NYE dates where I pretty much just went 'cause I thought it'd be better than being alone... Ugh...wrong! For example...one NYE, my date and I were enjoying dinner when he got a call on his cell phone...from his "platonic" female friend who was now MARRIED but was still jealous whenever he went out on dates. She wanted him to come to a party SHE was going to (not sure what she planned on doing with ol' hubby). I actually told him to go...and then I went home and rang in the new year with my good buddy, Haagen Dasz.
    I didn't exclusively mean a bf, i also meant friends. I've got no where to be and no where to go. Last year me and my brother(if anyone recalls) almost got demolished by a couple of destructive, stubborn folk. Maybe i'll end up partying with the rest of ya'll here. That is if you guys will seriously be here.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread