+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've noticed lately that driving over 2 hours, I get a pain on the gas pedal side that radiates down the back of the thigh and up that side of the back a little. Does anyone have a name for that and what causes/can prevent it? Once I'm out of the car and walk around a little I'm fine. I should learn how to use the cruise control.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2733863;
    I've noticed lately that driving over 2 hours, I get a pain on the gas pedal side that radiates down the back of the thigh and up that side of the back a little. Does anyone have a name for that and what causes/can prevent it? Once I'm out of the car and walk around a little I'm fine. I should learn how to use the cruise control.
    Sciatica. It's your sciatic nerve getting irritated. Both hubby and I get it occasionally. I just take tylenol and it usually goes away.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2733724;
    myrosiedog - you should have had a camera following you around for that home video show. Oh my.
    I should have my own reality show. I swear it will be better than the Osbournes or Hogan's.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2733873;
    I should have my own reality show. I swear it will be better than the Osbournes or Hogan's.
    . . . and could definitely rival I Love Lucy!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2734000;
    . . . and could definitely rival I Love Lucy!
    My best friend and I always joke that we are Lucy and Ethel because we always manage to get into trouble. (My daughter is named Lucy, so she HATES the I Love Lucy show because EVERYONE assumes that was who she was named for. She was named after my grandmother, no relation to Lucille Ball)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2733764;
    Speaking of cleaning - we had to do that today. I dust and vacuum and Mike does the sweeping and mopping. we even washed the slip covers from the sofas and the throws (blankets). I always complain about "cleaning" when it's not much that I have to actually do! I don't mind laundry at all - but detest doing toilets or sweeping/mopping! I complain but I love when it's done!!!! -smells that pinesol smell-
    I like the clean smell too, which is probably aother reason I like to clean the bathrooms and kitchen.

The dust bunnies might attack you here and my clothes may not be folded or ironed, but my bathrooms are clean and so is my kitchen. So as long as you don't mind the dust and laundry, the rest of the house is fairly clean.

Myrosiedog, I'm the same way. The bathroom has to be clean as well as the kitchen, but everything else doesn't bother me at all. I am not the most organized, but I know where all my stuff is and heaven help the one who moves something to "put it away"!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am exactly like that, too, buglover!! I may have stacks of things in various places...not too many...but I can go to exactly what I am looking for and find it in a heartbeat! My son and I just got into a back-and-forth about him "cleaning up". He moves things and never knows where he puts anything, especially if it's mine. Makes me really angry . At least there is a method to my madness. I've told him that when he moves things he needs to have a thought pattern to "cleaning up". I was really ready to fight when I found a box of Kosher salt in with the chemical cleaning supplies under the sink! Now, that was just stupid!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Exactly! My mom used to come over to my house when she was alive and put away dishes I'd washed, in the wrong cupboard, or rearrange the drawers. What?!!

On another note, I just looked at myself in the mirror and thought, hmmm I should weigh myself.......bad move. I'm up 10lbs since the start of the holiday season in November. yikes!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Does anyone know anything about the National Society of Colonial Dames of America?

I just got a Christmas card from a first cousin of my mother's and in it she is encouraging me to get my Colonial Dames membership. I actually know nothing much about this particular organization. I have been working on my Daughters of the American Revolution and United Daughters of the Confederacy paperwork for a few years now, but did not know that I was also, according to my cousin, eligible for this. I tried to get info from their website and it's not real forthcoming.

One of the reasons, I'm interested is that they are a historical foundation with access to a lot of documents and they also award college scholarships of which I am also interested.

Anyway, if anyone knows more about this, can you PM me? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread