+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

mrd: I grew up in the flight path of our citycentre airport. They used to fly huge jets out of there. We would automatically stop talking, out loud or on the phone, whenever one flew over because you couldn't hear a darn thing. When friends came over and a jet flew overhead to land, they were just stunned. And in the winter, the planes would have to de-ice and run their engines for an hour before taking off. You could time your watch by it. Since then, they have only allowed smaller and private planes as well as supply planes to the North. Thank goodness.

My mom and dad still live there to this day. Maybe that's why my parent's are getting deaf?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2731712;
    mrd: I grew up in the flight path of our citycentre airport. They used to fly huge jets out of there. We would automatically stop talking, out loud or on the phone, whenever one flew over because you couldn't hear a darn thing. When friends came over and a jet flew overhead to land, they were just stunned. And in the winter, the planes would have to de-ice and run their engines for an hour before taking off. You could time your watch by it. Since then, they have only allowed smaller and private planes as well as supply planes to the North. Thank goodness.

My mom and dad still live there to this day. Maybe that's why my parent's are getting deaf?

My sister lives in the landing flight path for Orlando International airport and they have to do the same thing. All conversation has to stop.

We have a very small airport and usually only see the planes and don't hear them if they use the other runway. But the alternate one sends them over the house. I was outside one time when Fed Ex took off and I could almost see the color of the pilots eyes. LOL!

We like to sit outside at night and watch all the planes that take off from Atlanta which is 2 hours away. By the time they get here, they are way up there, but you can see about 5-6 at a time in the sky and its a constant parade. We like to try to guess where they are headed by the direction they are flying in. (well most are obviously going North, but there would be NE, NW, etc. We figure that we are getting the CHarlotte, DC and New York and other East coast cities north of us)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, you are really not that far north of Atlanta, but more "East". So you also get lots of air traffic for Myrtle Beach and the NC Coast. Now you can spend all summer thinking that OUR air traffic is going to YOUR beach!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2732111;
    MRD, you are really not that far north of Atlanta, but more "East". So you also get lots of air traffic for Myrtle Beach and the NC Coast. Now you can spend all summer thinking that OUR air traffic is going to YOUR beach!
    I hate Myrtlebeach, so they can have it. We're about 4 hours from the coast, so would I be seeing that traffic as well? We're just continually amazed at the amount of planes we see, so we know it has to be Atlanta. I can count almost 20 planes in a 10 min. time period sometimes.
    I think I'm more West of Atlanta aren't I? Oh god, need to go look at a map, my geography isn't that great yet in this part of the country.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think Japan ever runs out of ideas! Personally, while it sounds like a good idea, I don't think (for one minute) that it will look as good as it should after it dries, without additional work required.

Business suit washable in shower to go on sale in Japan - USATODAY.com

Business suit washable in shower to go on sale in Japan

TOKYO (AP) — No time to take your suit to a dry cleaner? Just turn on the shower to wash it at home.
    Washable suits are already available, but Japanese clothing company Konaka says its "Shower Clean" line of business suits, which can be washed in a warm shower and require no ironing, is one-of-a-kind.

Konaka says the suits — made of a lightweight fabric easy to clean — will be available in February in Japan.

The firm's website shows how to clean them: Reverse the jacket and pants, put them on clothes hangers and douse with warm water for a few minutes to clean the inside. Repeat the process to clean the outside and drip-dry.

Konaka is targeting job-hunting college students who go through a period of job interviews as well as young businessmen living alone, company official Shigeyuki Tsuchiya said.

"They often don't have time to take their suit to a dry cleaner and it's difficult for them to iron a wool suit," he said. "Our suit can return to the original shape easily after a shower."
    The suits, available for both men and women, will be priced between $260 and $492, according to the company, which has some 320 stores nationwide.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2732270;
    I don't think Japan ever runs out of ideas! Personally, while it sounds like a good idea, I don't think (for one minute) that it will look as good as it should after it dries, without additional work required.

Business suit washable in shower to go on sale in Japan - USATODAY.com

Business suit washable in shower to go on sale in Japan

TOKYO (AP) No time to take your suit to a dry cleaner? Just turn on the shower to wash it at home.
    Washable suits are already available, but Japanese clothing company Konaka says its "Shower Clean" line of business suits, which can be washed in a warm shower and require no ironing, is one-of-a-kind.

Konaka says the suits made of a lightweight fabric easy to clean will be available in February in Japan.

The firm's website shows how to clean them: Reverse the jacket and pants, put them on clothes hangers and douse with warm water for a few minutes to clean the inside. Repeat the process to clean the outside and drip-dry.

Konaka is targeting job-hunting college students who go through a period of job interviews as well as young businessmen living alone, company official Shigeyuki Tsuchiya said.

"They often don't have time to take their suit to a dry cleaner and it's difficult for them to iron a wool suit," he said. "Our suit can return to the original shape easily after a shower."
    The suits, available for both men and women, will be priced between $260 and $492, according to the company, which has some 320 stores nationwide.

I'm still waiting for disposable clothes that don't have to be washed. The laundry is my most hated chore. I will trade cleaning toilets to anyone that wants to trade to do my laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2732807;
    I'm still waiting for disposable clothes that don't have to be washed. The laundry is my most hated chore. I will trade cleaning toilets to anyone that wants to trade to do my laundry.
    Deal. I cleaned dorm room bathrooms my freshman year of college. That makes cleaning toilets my least favorite task ever.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I'm with MRD, I hate laundry. Not that it is a difficult job. You put the clothes in and walk away. What is it about laundry that makes it so loathsome?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2732807;
    If the deal with Mariner falls through, I'll take you up on it. I should probably warn you that Greenpeace sent me a petition demanding that I nuke my bathroom

My first job in the summer between high school and college (to start to earn tuition -- I, NOT my parents, paid my tuition, books, rent, etc.) was as a maid at a cheezy sleazy no-tell motel. The job provided great motivation to become an overachiever in college. But I'll take doing laundry over scrubbing toilets anyday. Sign me up as one of your alternates, MRD, if neither Mariner nor Newf work out.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread