+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5793Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've never eaten at my P.F. Chang's, but my Applebee's is really good and always packed! Lucky me, I guess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2730792;
    I've never eaten at my P.F. Chang's, but my Applebee's is really good and always packed! Lucky me, I guess.

They're always packed here too, but the food makes me sick. I didn't think it tasted bad. I just have a strange reaction to something they must use.
    And I don't think they are overpriced like Ruby Tuesday's.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2730620;
    Anyone ever eaten at P.F. Changs?
    I love the P.F. Chang's China Bistro in La Jolla! (Not to be confused with plain ol' "Chang's" in La Mesa, which was ehhh . . . okay.) The service is always good, and the food creative and delicious. I like the lettuce wraps -- which are supposed to be an appetizer, but for me they're more than enough for a meal.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Question!!! My nephew just sent me an announcement about his Eagle Scout ceremony. I know this is HUGE, but what is the appropriate response? A heartfelt letter, cash, a present? Someone who knows please help me out here. He's a darling boy and I'm proud of him.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2731219;
    Question!!! My nephew just sent me an announcement about his Eagle Scout ceremony. I know this is HUGE, but what is the appropriate response? A heartfelt letter, cash, a present? Someone who knows please help me out here. He's a darling boy and I'm proud of him.
    Sounds like a question for Scoutmom.

MRD

I've had two of those. Both times my husband bought a really nice knife. The kind that you'd use camping. It was a pocket knife, but big and had a lot of stuff with it. It wasn't a Swiss Army knife though. I'll have to ask him. I let him do it as he "knew" more about that stuff.

MRD

We live close to the airport, but the runway is not where the planes go over our house. Usually. So I don't hear the planes (and we have a small airport, so not a lot of traffic anyway. Only 3 carriers fly in and of course Fed Ex). Well occasionally they will use the alternate runway which does have the flight path go directly over my house. It usually doesn't bother us, we hear the planes, but its not bad.

Well as I was going to sleep last night, I don't know what took off, but it shook the house. We could hear the engines ROARING. I looked at my husband and said, he sounds low. My husband says: I hope the wheels are up, or else he's going to take the roof with him.

Eagle Scout - congratulations!!! Your nephew has worked very hard, earned a lot of advancements, and learned a great deal of very practical things that he'll be able to use throughout his life. A gift is not necessary; however, very close friends and family members quite often will give the Eagle something as a remembrance. If you have a Boy Scouts of America Council near you (do a search on "Boy Scouts of America" and then you can do a search for your area), you could go there. There's a lot of things you can get for an Eagle Scout. If you don't have a Council near you, you can go to Boy Scouts of America Official Catalog - Scoutstuff.org. Depending on how soon the Eagle Court of Honor (ceremony) is, you may be able to order something online. There's a very nice frame you can purchase (from Boy Scouts) that holds his Eagle Certificate, the Eagle pin and the Eagle patch. There are walking sticks, some really nice Eagle statues -- all kinds of stuff. Some stores also sell Boy Scout items - not too many though. Or you could go to any type of an outdoor store (REI, etc.) and see what types of items they have. A gift doesn't have to be a Boy Scout item. Someone mentioned a nice pocket knife - that's a great suggestion - as long as several other people don't get the same idea. Maybe you could get some ideas from your nephew's parents. My son receive a lot of money also (I mean a LOT of money - I was shocked!)

The main thing to remember is that this is an achievement that very few boys earn. There's only about 2% of Boy Scouts in the United States who earn the rank of Eagle Scout. So it's a HUGE deal that most people outside of Scouting-world don't normally appreciate. So whatever you get to show him that you understand what huge accomplishment this is in his life will be fine.

Oh,here's an idea - again, depending on how soon the Court of Honor is - if you're into scrapbooking, maybe you could get pictures from his mom/dad about things he's done in his Scouting activities. AC Moore, Michaels or most craft stores sell Boy Scout scrapbook paper. That's a very nice, personal gift. But I'll warn you - that can get kind of pricey if you go for the Scout paper, stickers, etc.

Please let me know what you finally decide on. I'm always looking for new ideas myself! And again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2731506;
    We live close to the airport, but the runway is not where the planes go over our house. Usually. So I don't hear the planes (and we have a small airport, so not a lot of traffic anyway. Only 3 carriers fly in and of course Fed Ex). Well occasionally they will use the alternate runway which does have the flight path go directly over my house. It usually doesn't bother us, we hear the planes, but its not bad.

Well as I was going to sleep last night, I don't know what took off, but it shook the house. We could hear the engines ROARING. I looked at my husband and said, he sounds low. My husband says: I hope the wheels are up, or else he's going to take the roof with him.
    You still do have a roof today right?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2731592;
    You still do have a roof today right?
    Yep, it's still there. They are still using the alternate runway today. the sky is so low we can hear them take off, but can't see them, so that's kind of scary.

What about an Eagle Christmas ornament? It might be hard to find, but its something he would have on his tree the rest of his life.

+ Reply to Thread