+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2729622;
    Because it evokes warm memories of a special time in your life.
    Thank you. You're right.

But it also evokes lots of crowded closets with no space for anything.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who knows about home mortgage folks?? I've had a conventional mortgage with the same company for many years, and I got a call from my mortgage company yesterday, saying that they wanted to drop my rate, at no cost to me...same number of years to pay it off as there are today. Cynical me says nobody calls to give you an advantage, especially when it comes to something like a mortgage. He even gave me the phone number to call him back when I'm ready to discuss it. Apparently, there was something included in the last statement that they sent me, but I didn't see it. He says a lot of people don't see the info sent out with their statement...so maybe they're doing something wrong with their marketing.

Help...anybody!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, if it were true, that would rock. Maybe you should call the mortgage company and ask about this. Not the number he gave you but the regular customer service number. You're right, it does sound a little weird. Nothing wrong with checking it out and if it turns out to be on the level, cool.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

'shay, I was in the mortgage business for about 8 years, then last year changed to the title company side of the business, so am out of the direct loop but still in the picture... Anyway, that's just to explain that I could be wrong here so if I were you I'd certainly call the mortgage company directly, as dags suggested. But sometimes when new business is down, the mortgage companies stir up business by refinancing their existing customers. Never assume this is to your benefit. Even though he is offering you the same balance owed to be carried to new loan for the same remaining term, there may be fees hidden in there somewhere. There are quite a few places to "hide" fees that the lender makes on these refinances. Most people don't know enough to question, or they accept the pat answers. I'd ask for a GOOD FAITH ESTIMATE and a TRUTH-IN-LENDING STATEMENT. Compare your APR and Rate on the T-I-L, if they are the same or very close, then the lender is not charging you much, in which case it could be worth your while to refinance. If the rate and the APR are vastly different, then your fees are higher. That does not mean it is a bad thing to refinance, though. Keep in mind that if you are lowering your rate by at least half a percentage point and you still have more than 5 years on your mortgage, the long-term savings could more than make up for a small fee to refinance. It's hard to say whether it's a good deal or not without seeing/hearing the details. But I think you could be getting a nice little offer, just be leery at first and make sure the person you're dealing with is from your lender, NOT a broker. You can PM me if I can answer any other questions. Like I said, I'm not directly in the lending side anymore, but I deal with lenders and brokers and agents every day for closings. Hope this helps!

MRD

Anyone ever eaten at P.F. Changs? We had a bonus mail day yesterday. My daughter got her HS Diploma and her scores which were very high (I have to brag) and we got a gift card from a friend for P.F. Changs, which I've been dying to try.
    So we decided to go last night and celebrate our daughter's HS graduation.
    Oh my, it has now ruined me for Chinese takeout/delivery (which is bad here anyway). I had the BEST wok-seared lamb. It was amazing. All the food was fantastic. I remember going to a nicer Chinese restaurant with my parents growing up and P. F. Chang's reminded me of that. Candles on the tables, nicer atmosphere, etc.
    But we also got a really GREAT server. And he found out it was our first time and my daughter's "graduation" dinner and he brought us complimentary appetizer and an entree. So we ended up with 5 entrees. We all really enjoyed it and we have tons leftover. I may be having lamb for breakfast.

Anyway, I now can't wait to go back. That was probably the best Chinese food I've ever had.
    And the friend that sent us the card is brilliant. She's going to get an extra special thank you.

Glad you liked it myrosiedog. Myself and a few relatives ate at the Changs here in Milwaukee a few years ago and it was awful.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2730625;
    Glad you liked it myrosiedog. Myself and a few relatives ate at the Changs here in Milwaukee a few years ago and it was awful.
    I feel that way about Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday's. I've eaten at several and haven't liked any of them.

Apparantly this Changs is pretty good. When we left the line was out the door and an hour wait. I don't think I'd wait an hour. But we thought the food was really good here.

Mr. C has been to the P.F. Changs up in Dallas, and didn't really care for it at all . . . although most of his co-workers just raved about it.

I also don't care much for Applebee's, but I've never been to Ruby Tuesdays - although I've always wanted to . . . their commercials just leave me drooling. Maybe the one down here will be better than the one where you are, mrd!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2730625;
    Same here. My boyfriend was raving about how great the food was, so we went for dinner a while back and I was so very disappointed. So was he. And he's had the courage to try them again since then, and each time, he's unhappy with the meal. He did have that one good experience, but neither of us have this restaraunt on our regular rotation of eateries... On a side-note, PF Chang's has a spin-off here called Pei-Wei, a lot of the same menu options but a more casual dining atmosphere. It's a pretty popular spot, but I feel the same way about their food - disappointing! I'd rather go to my authentic hole-in-the-wall spot where the service is impeccable, the food is divine, the prices are affordable, and the atmosphere is comfortable.

But I am glad you enjoyed it so much, MRD! I just re-read my post and it sounds awfully negative... I wasn't trying to bring you down for enjoying a great experience with your family! I just didn't have a similar outcome when I went...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2730735;
    Same here. My boyfriend was raving about how great the food was, so we went for dinner a while back and I was so very disappointed. So was he. And he's had the courage to try them again since then, and each time, he's unhappy with the meal. He did have that one good experience, but neither of us have this restaraunt on our regular rotation of eateries... On a side-note, PF Chang's has a spin-off here called Pei-Wei, a lot of the same menu options but a more casual dining atmosphere. It's a pretty popular spot, but I feel the same way about their food - disappointing! I'd rather go to my authentic hole-in-the-wall spot where the service is impeccable, the food is divine, the prices are affordable, and the atmosphere is comfortable.

But I am glad you enjoyed it so much, MRD! I just re-read my post and it sounds awfully negative... I wasn't trying to bring you down for enjoying a great experience with your family! I just didn't have a similar outcome when I went...
    It wasn't negative. Even though these are chains, they don't always have the same level of service or food apparantly.
    As we have no authentic Chinese food here (we've tried several spots and have been disappointed with every one of them.), we did think this was pretty special.

Ruby Tuesday's to me is overpriced for mediocre food that is only one step above fast food in my opinion. I've eaten there a few times as that was the only other option in the mall besides the food court, but now they have stand alones as well. Honestly, I've eaten better burgers at fast food restuarants and their other stuff isn't all that good either. They have a decent salad bar though.

Applebees always makes me sick no matter which one I've eaten at, so I avoid them now. I don't know what it is, but I'm sick within 30 min. of eating there.

We had gone to Mimi's Cafe in Florida that was really good and when we first moved here, went to the one here that was awful. So the quality of food just isn't the same from restaurant to restaurant even in the same chain, apparantly.

I'm sorry the rest of you didn't enjoy P.F. Changs. I'm glad we had a good experience though as it was a special night for my daughter.

+ Reply to Thread