+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5783Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Except for that "pastel wedding" bridesmaid dress...which really wasn't bad (it was mainly the floral stuff) in that it was a simple, A-line type of dress, I've had some pretty good dresses....but I've still never worn them again. My friends turned out to be pretty good friends when it came to sticking you with dresses from their weddings. Now, with the floral headpieces...I guess we were just lucky it wasn't deer season yet; somebody probably could have gotten hurt.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2728155;
    My SO and I are actually getting married next week.
    Congrats, doxie

Congratulations doxie!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My mother would always correct me on the 'congratulations' thing. She said it's 'Best Wishes' for the bride and 'Congratulations' to the groom.

Best Wishes, Doxie! (Just in case Mom was right, and she's listening/reading!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've heard that too! Congratulations is supposed to sound like you never thought they'd find a mate. That's what I read in Miss Manners anyway. So best wishes doxie!
    Count your blessings!

Best wishes, Doxie!

Hey, maybe you could do "butt bows" as party favors . . .

Little Miss Flower Girl was ALL decked out in this long black velvet dress with a white "fur" collar and black tights and patent leather shoes.
    Sounds like Little Miss Flower Girl has better taste than most brides -- or bridesmaid dress designers!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Lol man, you all are making me nervous lol. My sister is (tentivly) engaged. She told her boyfriend if they can make it the next two years without any huge blow ups, they'll get married. Not to mention that they've been together for 3 years now, I think. But my sister either wants her wedding colors to be pink and yellow, or pink and brown. And I HATE pink!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Thank you all for your best wishes! We are very excited. We're getting married on December 28th because my great-grandparents got married on that date in 1906. Just a few family members and friends (and Little Miss Flower Girl) are going to attend and we are having a small dinner afterwards.

Superbrat: I'm not fond of pink either. I'm also a redhead and pink looks awful on most redheads. However, for some reason, lots of brides "think pink" when it comes to bridesmaids dresses and the best thing you can do is deal with it and hope that the dress doesn't have a giant butt-bow! Best wishes to your sister.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2729520;
    Thank you all for your best wishes! We are very excited. We're getting married on December 28th because my great-grandparents got married on that date in 1906. Just a few family members and friends (and Little Miss Flower Girl) are going to attend and we are having a small dinner afterwards.

Superbrat: I'm not fond of pink either. I'm also a redhead and pink looks awful on most redheads. However, for some reason, lots of brides "think pink" when it comes to bridesmaids dresses and the best thing you can do is deal with it and hope that the dress doesn't have a giant butt-bow! Best wishes to your sister.
    I was in a pink wedding too. And a yellow one and a pale green one and a dark purple velvet one.

I choose a very dark green for my colors, the only attendent picked out a tea length very pretty dress in dark green and wore it for several years to Christmas parties after my wedding. So I guess that worked out well.

I still have the "dotted swiss, pale green" dress I wore in my sisters wedding in 1971.
    My daughter played dress up in it for a while and it still looks great. That was my first wedding. I was a "jr. bridesmaid" and the dress must be indestructible. I don 't know why I still have it. I'll never wear it even if I lost 100 more pounds.

I have my mom's wedding dress, my wedding dress, the dress my mom wore to MY wedding and both flower girl dresses my daughter wore in 2 weddings she's been in. Why? I don't know. My mom and I neither one wore gowns. hers was a sheath dress with bolero jacket and mine was a tea length lace number. Why am I saving this stuff?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2729546;
    Why am I saving this stuff?
    Because it evokes warm memories of a special time in your life.

+ Reply to Thread