+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6255Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've been married twice and both times I let my attendants wear whatever they wanted. So the first wedding had one friend in black strapless vintage lace and rhinestone jewellery and one friend in purple cotton hippie wear, no jewellery. The second wedding just had the one maid of honour and she wore a blue cotton sundress, no jewellery. The flowers for both weddings were bought by the attendants from street corner vendors on their way to the wedding. And let me just say, while the second wedding was a complete no-frills, no people event, (excellent marriage, though) everyone who attended my first wedding said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I have to agree - massive amounts of fun. The marriage, on the other hand....
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

I did save 2 of my hideous bridesmaid dresses and was able to use them to sew Halloween costumes for my daughter from them when she was small. One was pale pink quiana (ugh) and the other pale yellow with a flowered sash and this cape like thing over the shoulders. Both made excellant Halloween costumes- Tinkerbell one year and Glenda the Good Witch another year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've been a maid of honor twice and a bridesmaid once. I've always worn what the bride wanted (and paid for it $$$). Nevertheless, I have never been able to wear any of them at any other event, nor figure a way to "remodel" them, even for Halloween. I kept them for fun, but finally gave them away to Goodwill. The closet space was more important.

My mom kept a party dress that my aunt used to wear. It's unbelieveably gorgeous! It's strapless with silk, petticoats and lace. My aunt had some gorgeous gowns and now wishes she had kept them. Wow, they knew how to dress up in those days.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have been a bridesmaid 9 times. The majority of the dresses were hideous. Most of them involved a giant butt-bow. I wore one of them again once. One ended up in my parents' attic and I gave it to the bride's daughters (along with the matching dyed green shoes that turned my feet green!) years later to play dress-up in.

Prhoshay: That is hilarious about the little flower girl. My SO and I are actually getting married next week. We are having a very small ceremony with just a few family members and friends. No attendants, etc. However, I have a small friend who is 7, and apparently, all of her friends have been flower girls and she feels that her time is running out to perform this duty. So, I told her she could be a flower girl. I told her mom that she could wear whatever she wanted. Saturday night, we had a Christmas party and our friends all showed up with their kids. All of the kids were wearing casual clothes. Little Miss Flower Girl was ALL decked out in this long black velvet dress with a white "fur" collar and black tights and patent leather shoes. They had been shopping just before coming to the party and she had spotted this ensemble and insisted that it must be her flower girl dress and that they must purchase it on the spot so that she could change into at the store and wear it to our party. It was so funny! She looked adorable and very proud of herself.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

NINE times a bridesmaid???? You've got to learn to say no.

Just say no to the ugly butt bow!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm telling you, you can make children very happy with those remnants that you would rather forget!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I read once about a group of women that get together once a year and wear their ugliest bridesmaid dresses to a party. They do a whole shebang with food and drinks and wear their ugly dresses.

I did find this site because I was trying to find the thing I read about the ugly bridesmaid dress party.

This site may make many of you feel better about what you've been forced to wear by friends.

Ugly Dress.com - Bridesmaid Dresses From Hell

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Ouch. Those are all hideous. And hilarious. Thanks, MRD, I do feel better now...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2728572;
    I read once about a group of women that get together once a year and wear their ugliest bridesmaid dresses to a party. They do a whole shebang with food and drinks and wear their ugly dresses.
    It's funny you mentioned this because I went to a bachlorette party a couple of years ago and we all had to wear an old bridesmaid dress to it. Before we went out, there were a couple of us who were pretty hesitant to do it (myself included) because of how crazy we all looked. We had such a good time though. Everyone in the bar wanted to talk to us to see what was going on and we didn't pay for a drink all night. That was the only dress I have ever worn again of the 3 that I am the proud owner of.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2728641;
    It's funny you mentioned this because I went to a bachlorette party a couple of years ago and we all had to wear an old bridesmaid dress to it. Before we went out, there were a couple of us who were pretty hesitant to do it (myself included) because of how crazy we all looked. We had such a good time though. Everyone in the bar wanted to talk to us to see what was going on and we didn't pay for a drink all night. That was the only dress I have ever worn again of the 3 that I am the proud owner of.
    That sounds like a SCREAM! I bet it was a fun party and what a clever idea.

+ Reply to Thread