+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 2432 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970711111615611061 ... LastLast
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Teenagers who toilet-papered and damaged a home now face felony vandalism charges
    Amazing how things change over the years.

I remember when I was in high school/college it was a privilege to have your house TP'd. It wasn't vandalism where I lived. Kids only did it to people they liked, as a prank. I remember smiling the whole time I was cleaning up the mess. 'They like me, they really like me'!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    When I get a really good server, besides leaving a generous tip, I'll let the manager know (they often walk around and see how everyone's doing so it's not hard to find them) how great our server was.
    I do this too. Quite often and sometimes have even gotten on the corp. website if its a chain and written how wonderful the server was and made sure I got their name.

I definetly don't just complain, I reward great service too and will make a point to seek out the person in charge to tell them we had outstanding service
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Wait till she gets older. It gets better. The smallest bump looks about the size of a fist. It doesn't help anything that I'm a small person and he's a big man. Used to be anyway. We sort of met in the middle a few years ago. lol Anyway, he is far too smart to hit me. He would have to go to sleep sometime and then I would settle the score.

I bruise really easily too. And my husband also knows what your's knows Muduh. He'd have to sleep sometime and I've threatened him with the "grits method". I heard a group of black women talking that if their men ever cheated, they'd wait until he went to sleep and they'd "grit" him. I HAD to ask. Well, they make a big pot of hot boiling grits and pour it on him. The grits kind of stick and they BURN!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That Grits method was actually used here several years ago. It was a black, male singer and I am thinking it was Al Green.

Okay, I've been waiting for this. Some dumb a$$ left twin babies in the car today while going to do some business at Dept of Human Services. They were rescued before it turned into a tragedy. We usually loose about two or more small children a year to just such stupidity. The babies were five months old and one had pulled its blanket over its face. It is 95 degrees out where I live, and the babies were in an asphalt parking lot.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Okay, I've been waiting for this. Some dumb a$$ left twin babies in the car today while going to do some business at Dept of Human Services. They were rescued before it turned into a tragedy. We usually loose about two or more small children a year to just such stupidity. The babies were five months old and one had pulled its blanket over its face. It is 95 degrees out where I live, and the babies were in an asphalt parking lot.

Just because you can have a baby doesn't mean you should be allowed to raise them. What a moron!

That's awful! Last week up here in Canada, there was a 90+ Granny left in a vehicle in super hot weather --- rescued before a tragedy.

The daughter and granddaughter were arrested, and rightfully so!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Exactly right, Lois.

It was very lucky for them that a young man happened by and heard them crying. He was going to see his girlfriend who works at DHS. He was interviewed on tv, a tall, lanky black kid, looked to be late teens. He said that he was walking by and heard them then looked in the car. The back windows were lowered slightly and he siad "I stuck my arm in there and unlocked that door, then I got them babies outta there". He said they were sweating a lot and one had thrown his blanket over his face. I'm trying to figure out why there was even a blanket around them. He and his girlfriend took them inside and called an ambulance. His quick thinking just may have saved their lives.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    My goodness, what is wrong with people? If you are hot sitting in a car, what would make you think a 5 month old would be comfortable, not to mention ALONE????? being safe?

Morons. I'm glad that kid had the smarts enough to get involved. How sad would it have been otherwise.....

and people do it with animals too. Gets my blood boiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun84 View Post
    That's awful! Last week up here in Canada, there was a 90+ Granny left in a vehicle in super hot weather --- rescued before a tragedy.

The daughter and granddaughter were arrested, and rightfully so!
    And that poor old lady was probably just as helpless as those babies. Some people are just not capable of taking care of themselves, let alone others.

I got in my car the other day and the thermometer read 111 degrees. I was miserable until the ac did its thing.

I just saw the story again. The babies were in that car for about forty five minutes before the young guy got them out. The mother didn't show up for another thirty minutes. They took her to jail but dismissed her later. Nothing will be done about it, I'm sure.

The summer heatwave here in California has been really serious. One week ago I got into my car and the thermometer was at 125...I couldn't breathe......It finally went down to 113.

We've had many deaths this last couple of weeks due to the heat. ....mostly elderly. Why don't the kids check on their elderly parents in this weather. Why don't they take them home for a few days?

In Fresno, the coroner had corpses stacked on top of each other cause so many were dying with the high temps and no room to put them...sad

Thankfully the temps are wonderful for the last few days. It was only 90 today, feels like we are in Alaska...lol We will have another week of cool weather before the heat comes back..
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread