+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6163Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #6071
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2723850;
    We all did. I still can picture an entire class of Catholic school kids in uniform at their desks and EVERYONE had the paper up to their faces inhaling that smell.
    Wasn't that in Fast Times At Ridgemont High also?

  2. #6072
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2723906;
    Wasn't that in Fast Times At Ridgemont High also?
    Where do you think they got it from?


    I was 20 when that movie came out. MANY years after Catholic elementary and jr. high school.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #6073
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I'm few years older than you and we also did it. I also know the phone you were describing but I can't find a picture of it.
    I was watching Modern Marvels last night also.

  4. #6074
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2723915;
    I'm few years older than you and we also did it. I also know the phone you were describing but I can't find a picture of it.
    I was watching Modern Marvels last night also.
    Unk, what did you think about the part about the Ford Mustang? Really interesting part of the show that was for us. Some funny stuff about Hertz renting these "special" mustangs and people who had their own Mustangs would rent one from Hertz and switch the engines to the more powerful one and Hertz had no clue it was being done to them.

    Well looks like us "Modern Marvels" (you, me, my husband and Gabriel) are all fans of that show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #6075
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Hertz is again renting the Shelby Mustangs. Just saw an ad in Sports Illustrated for it.


  6. #6076
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I found your phone!




  7. #6077
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Hey, I always wanted one of those phones. I had a friend who had one and I was so jealous. We had the old big black plastic monster. Not sexy at all.
    But at my dad's office, they had the phones with the row of buttons that lit up for each line. I think the max was 4 lines only. And it had the red hold button on the end. I used to get in trouble playing with those buttons.

    Wonder if Hertz will be double checking the engines on these models after a rental now.

    Boy, that would be a nice thing to rent when I have to go to my neices wedding in the spring. Must go check Hertz to see how much the rental is.
    (unforunately, I have a feeling I'll be renting the "economy model", the car that looks like a roller skate with doors. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  8. #6078
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I know there's a writers strike going on, but that does not explain the fact that on all the channels including the premium ones, there is NOTHING ON.
    There has been NOTHING on all weekend. Star Wars (the 1977 version, don't know what episode it is now) is what my family is watching. We own the movies, but its on HBO. There has been absolutely NOTHING worth watching for 3 days now.
    I KNOW there are thouands of great movies out there and why is every single channel playing either crap or stuff we've seen so much I groan when it comes on?
    Sorry, just a bad tv rant.
    (I'm not allowed to watch Food Network or the History Channel ALL the time. The family rises up against me when I put those two channels on too much. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #6079
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2724005;
    Hey, I always wanted one of those phones. I had a friend who had one and I was so jealous. We had the old big black plastic monster. Not sexy at all.
    But at my dad's office, they had the phones with the row of buttons that lit up for each line. I think the max was 4 lines only. And it had the red hold button on the end. I used to get in trouble playing with those buttons.

    )
    When I was an early teen I worked cleaning offices and those phones fascinated me. Western Electric also had a 5 line plus hold, these were the phones with the square line buttons. A few of the older offices had the old Western Electric with the round line buttons. Most of the offices that had the newer phone equipment also had IBM selectric typewriters with the bouncing ball that could be changed for different type styles.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  10. #6080
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2724100;
    I know there's a writers strike going on, but that does not explain the fact that on all the channels including the premium ones, there is NOTHING ON.
    There has been NOTHING on all weekend. Star Wars (the 1977 version, don't know what episode it is now) is what my family is watching. We own the movies, but its on HBO. There has been absolutely NOTHING worth watching for 3 days now.
    I KNOW there are thouands of great movies out there and why is every single channel playing either crap or stuff we've seen so much I groan when it comes on?
    Sorry, just a bad tv rant.
    (I'm not allowed to watch Food Network or the History Channel ALL the time. The family rises up against me when I put those two channels on too much. )
    Tell Waldo to create some entertainment.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.