+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir! (1947)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2723453;
    The Ghost and Mrs. Muir! (1947)
    AHHHH!!!! Thank you!

It's been driving me NUTS trying to remember that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to watch a lot of black and white movies as a kid, to the point where color can actually be disappointing. And, puh-leeze, don't let them "colorize" a black and white movie........you'd think somebody kicked my cat!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2723460;
    I used to watch a lot of black and white movies as a kid, to the point where color can actually be disappointing. And, puh-leeze, don't let them "colorize" a black and white movie........you'd think somebody kicked my cat!!
    I feel the same way.

I used to love the old Abbott and Costello movies. And the Bob Hope and Bing Crosby road movies. As a kid, those were some of my absolute favorites.
    AMC will occasionally play those old movies which is where I saw The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and the Incredible Mr. Limpett.

But NO ONE plays the Abott and Costello Or "road" movies. Or at least I never see them listed.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2723439;
    Sorry, you've probably had enough caffiene by now to power half of Wisconsin. I got interuppted.

I'm asking you as you seem to have watched a lot of the same things I used to watch so I thought you'd know this one.

After watching the Ghost and Mr. Chicken yesterday, I recalled another ghost/comedy movie from the same era that the ghost was a sea captain. Do you remember that movie? It had an older woman in it too I think. (dim, dim memory).

I also caught The Incredible Mr. Limpett about a month or so ago. I LOVE Don Knotts!
    I that movie...I asked for it for Christmas 2 years ago and got it! My son just when I watch that...he's big on graphics and he's just "appalled" at those graphics! Same reason he despises "Wizard of Oz" (sorry mrd!)....I always tell him in 20 or 30 years his kids and grandkids will be making fun of the graphics in his movies!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2723467;
    I that movie...I asked for it for Christmas 2 years ago and got it! My son just when I watch that...he's big on graphics and he's just "appalled" at those graphics! Same reason he despises "Wizard of Oz" (sorry mrd!)....I always tell him in 20 or 30 years his kids and grandkids will be making fun of the graphics in his movies!
    like I get a kick out of the old 70's Star Wars special effects now.

Tell your son that my mom saw the Wizard of Oz in the theater when she was 7 years old and it made a HUGE impact on her. Remember, there was no tv then, so movies were it and she had NEVER seen a movie in color and she said that when Dororthy opens the door to Oz and its in color, she can remember scooting to the edge of her seat and just gasping in wonder. She thought it was the most INCREDIBLE thing she had ever seen. That may be where I get my love of that movie, because she loved it and ALWAYS watched it with me the ONE time a year it came on tv when I was small.
    But 60 years later, she still remembered the wonder and awe of seeing that movie and the incredible characters and the color.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2723467;

I also despise colorized movies, and if y'all remember, the Ghost & Mrs. Muir was also a TV Series in the 60s-70s with Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.

As for the graphics thing, I found that most people under 30 think their idea of graphics is the best, and the same with singers etc., who need all the background effects whereas we grew up watching singers sing on a stage with a prop or two or just a curtain in back, because the talent they had did not need fancy schmancy light shows, smoke etc etc...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I always use the example of the original Star Wars movies with him! I tell him that back in the 70's those were awesome graphics....! I still prefer the original Star Wars to the more recent ones! I guess, like your mom, its the wonder and awe I feel all over again.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2723479;
    I also despise colorized movies, and if y'all remember, the Ghost & Mrs. Muir was also a TV Series in the 60s-70s with Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.

As for the graphics thing, I found that most people under 30 think their idea of graphics is the best, and the same with singers etc., who need all the background effects whereas we grew up watching singers sing on a stage with a prop or two or just a curtain in back, because the talent they had did not need fancy schmancy light shows, smoke etc etc...
    Funny you mention that. On Modern Marvels last night they did the technology of the 1960's. (which was pretty funny actually) and one of the things was how they did those psychadelic light shows for concerts in the 60's. It was an overhead projector behind a screen behind the stage. They put a clear clock face on the projector, added water, vegetable oil, food color and then sprayed it with alcohol from a bottle and it would make it all move around. Some technology there.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2723484;
    Funny you mention that. On Modern Marvels last night they did the technology of the 1960's. (which was pretty funny actually) and one of the things was how they did those psychadelic light shows for concerts in the 60's. It was an overhead projector behind a screen behind the stage. They put a clear clock face on the projector, added water, vegetable oil, food color and then sprayed it with alcohol from a bottle and it would make it all move around. Some technology there.
    I saw that also! Pretty creative eh? I doubt anyone now would be able to actually think of something like that.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread