+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5927Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2720937;
    Besides backing in to your driveway so you could exit more easily I have a few suggestions:

- Take (dated) photos every time they do it & compile, and put it aside for the sheriff. ( side note ... does your sheriff whistle ? )

- Park your own car so it blocks your own driveway. Let the sheriff know you are doing this to thwart the neighbor's rude & illegal activity and so you won't be ticketed. At least, you could get out in an emergency.

- Could you get a city wooden "horse" to prevent parking there ? You would perhaps have to move it to get out and move it back ... but at least you wouldn't have to drive over the lawn and curb.

Maybe they'll get the hint ?

Their behavior really stinks but they will get wise to you calling the sheriff and move their cars every time and the sheriff might eventually see you as the bad guys. Co-ordinating an effort with the Sheriff's approval would be wise.

PLAN B: Secretly put some peanut butter on the underside of their car and show a field mouse a nice warm nesting place ... and throw mixed birdseed on their lawn next spring.

Great tips! I like your plan B too. I love to come up with nasty plans, but never act on them, but they are fun to think of. In fact, I get great satisfaction of thinking of this stuff. It works so well, I don't have to act on it, just the thought makes me feel better. (where is the EVIL GRIN smilie?)

If my Sheriff whistles, Waldo will be SO happy.

My dad used to have these cards (I wish I knew where he got them) and when people would park badly or block him in, he'd put one on their car. They said: "Do you always park like this or are you just being an a**ho** today?"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2720266;

We also have some not-so-nice neighbors. We are out of town right now, and my daughter, who is 18, is home. When she went to check the mail yesterday, she noticed that we had gotten some of our neighbor's mail. So, being the nice person that she is, she took it over to them. Well, the man (who is maybe in his 70's and is British) was really upset because the mail was apparently from his bank, and he basically started yelling at my daughter - like it was her fault that the mailman had put his mail in our box. It's not like she opened it or anything - she just noticed their name on the front and took it over to them. I asked her if he even told her thank you, and she said no, he just kept going on and on about how we had no right to have that, how this just can't happen again, etc., so she just turned around and left. I mean - how rude is that to not even have the good manners to say thank you to her!
    That is the point in time when I smile and very nicely say "You have a nice day now." and turn around walk away... They usually are sputtering.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

This is a strange question. But is it possible to have the teeth chattering, shaking chills and NOT have fever?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2721342;
    This is a strange question. But is it possible to have the teeth chattering, shaking chills and NOT have fever?
    I've had that once in a while, I don't know why but it seems to pass.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2720903;
    You guys, I am the WORST backer in the world, so don't know if that would work. I'd be backing downhill so would probably back into my house! And I have a holly bush I'd have to back around. But I may give it a try. And no, this is the neighbor across the street, so we can't drive through his yard unless its REALLY on purpose.
    Anyway, that's a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. (probably because the obvious has to hit me on the head before I can think of it! )
    It's called practice s-l-o-w-l-y. I'll bet you can do more than you think you can do.

About the mail, I always put the mail back out for the mailman since I am sick of doing his job. Enough already; he needs to work on getting it right. As far as being the good guy, unless I really know the people...I do know that "no good deed goes unpunished." As much as you want to believe that everybody is as reasonable as you are, there is such a thing as 'paranoia'. You may not know this neighbor for a reason.

About the chills, shaking, and chattering teeth...I only did that (without a fever) when I was a kid and my appendix was in a bad mood. I think I was more scared, but it could have been that it was just pre-fever, too. Surgery was the next morning!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2721342;

It's not a strange question. Chills usually start as temperature rises. Take your temperature when the chills are over and the shaking has stopped.

Are you taking any new medicine ? Could this be a reaction ? Call an all night Pharmacy and ask a pharmacist.

Also your recent little hospital stint(s) means you were surrounded by opportunistic bacteria and viruses. If you develop a fever, at least call your doctor.

Whistle. Hugging Waldo will cure all.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2720903;
    You guys, I am the WORST backer in the world, so don't know if that would work. I'd be backing downhill so would probably back into my house! And I have a holly bush I'd have to back around. But I may give it a try. And no, this is the neighbor across the street, so we can't drive through his yard unless its REALLY on purpose.
    Anyway, that's a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. (probably because the obvious has to hit me on the head before I can think of it! )
    MRD, you can always turn around at the end when you get home, so you don't have to back thru an obstacle course! If there is no room to do so, make room. For another reason also--if you are unlucky enough to be like me, backing out and a care comes whipping by and runs into your rear end, guess what--- YOUR fault, as it is illegal to back into a public road, even in a cul-de-sac, even out of your own driveway, even if the other person is speeding, and even if you get hurt. I found this out the hard way. Never mind getting hit like that will tend to make you not even want to back out. It only takes a minute to turn around facing the other way. And teach your kid to do the same, it could save her at some point.

As to the chills--do you notice you get them after having a cold drink? I do that sometimes when it's cool weather.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Well this morning I feel blah, have a UTI and a runny nose, so I guess I've caught something. Explains the chills last night. It's supposed to rain here and not get above the mid 40's today. I'm making a pot roast in the crockpot and I plan to stay in my pj's all day and either watch tv or read. I have nothing real pressing I need to do.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

MRD, I can't believe you're not outside enjoying your balmy weather!! Hot tea almost always makes me feel better whenI'm feeling blah!
    [Sorry, I just noticed I use "!" a lot. I will try to cut down the usage. I guess I feel excited about what I'm writing and I want to share my enthusiasm.]

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2721889;
    Well this morning I feel blah, have a UTI and a runny nose, so I guess I've caught something. Explains the chills last night. It's supposed to rain here and not get above the mid 40's today. I'm making a pot roast in the crockpot and I plan to stay in my pj's all day and either watch tv or read. I have nothing real pressing I need to do.
    See!!?? And, thus, your "appendicitis" has arrived in the form of a UTI! Beats an appy all day long! Hope you feel better soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread