+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Skating definately skating

MRD

Definetly skating.

Just remembering all the Chuck E. Cheese parties I had to take my child too and I'm breaking out in hives. off to take a benedryl, the memories. ARGH, THE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(but at least they do serve beer there or they used too. I think that's the ONLY way they can get the parents to bring the kids. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My son was 11 and had his at the bowling alley...loved it! I'd go for the bowling or skating idea...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2719129;
    (but at least they do serve beer there or they used too. I think that's the ONLY way they can get the parents to bring the kids. )
    Not in Utah.

I am leaning towards skating, too. It is more expensive, but it is like an indoor amusement park. Besides skating there is a roller coaster, mini golf, arcade, etc. Plus it is still cheaper than the museum.

Chuck E Cheese is hell, but she had asked for it once. I gave her and the best friend the choice and they both agreed with skating.

Thanks for all your input, guys.

It was 1981 when I worked at Showbiz Pizza and I still know the birthday announcement we had to make.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls can I have your attention please. We have a very special guest with us here today at Showbiz Pizza Place. Little Dags is 10 years old today. The management and staff would like to wish you a very happy birthday Little Dags and here’s a special song just for you.

We would then fire up the band and they would sing The Beatles birthday song.

Chucky Cheese said the mouse sings to you there. Sounds creepy to me. **shudder**

FORT Fanatic

If your daughter is a very girly girl.....she and her friends might enjoy a day of pampering. Many beauty salons have party packages or you can approach a local salon and ask for a special rate. The girls who attend the party can get their hair fixed, their nails painted, and their faces made up.Younger children enjoy creative face painting in place of makeup. Goody bags can include nail polish and hair accessories

I hadn't thought of that. They would probably love it, she is at that age. I'll have to look into it.

MRD

Major pet peeve alert.

We live on a cul-de-sac. Our neighbors block our driveway about 3-4 times a month. My husband actually backed into one car trying to manuever out of our driveway, but since the car was illegally parked, we weren't cited, they were and our insurance refused to pay her claim because she was cited. We have to back out uphill and on a curve, so trying to do that and avoid the car blocking the driveway is fun. Well tonight we had to go pick up my daughter from work and not only was our driveway blocked, but either side of it was blocked too. We could NOT maneuver enough to get the car out. And of course, no one answered their door when we knocked to see if the cars could be moved, so I was forced to call the sherriff's department.
    My husband had to take his truck and drive across the lawn, up the hill and over the curb to get out to pick her up. And don't you know that before the deputy got here, they got home and moved the cars. ARGH!
    My husband did go over and say something about it when he got home, but they didn't give a crap. I bet they do when they get a ticket next time. I'm planning on calling every time it happens now. I know that sounds witchy, but I'm tired of it. We're considerate if we have to park on the street for any reason, but no one else is. Yes, I am just full of brotherly love and Christmas spirit tonight.

I don't think it would have bothered me so much, but my daughter had to work late and its getting ready to flood here, so we wanted to get her and get home before it starts raining and I didn't want her standing outside a store at 10 p.m. waiting on us because we couldn't get out to get her either.

OK, please go back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2718140;

Did she continue to give that gift after that year?

My husband who never wants anything always requests boxers for his birthday and Christmas. I always try to find funny ones like Spongebob, etc.

No MRD, she didn't. I moved out and in with him the following spring. We really did enjoy the panties and teased her about it every Christmas, until she passed.

A few years after we were married, Hubby's brother was living with us at Christmas time. Now you haven't to know that Hubby does not embarrass easily. In fact he brags about it. Well BIL and I decided that this was the year to get him. That year we were combining Christmas with both families. BIL and I went out and bought the sexiest Teddy we could find in my size. Wrapped it by gluing the paper to the gift box, in effect gluing it shut. We then gave it to him from both of us in front of both families on Christmas. YES, he did turn a beautiful shade of red. Good laugh.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

+ Reply to Thread