+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2715632;
    These stories remind me of the year I gave DD (then 7 or so) about a dozen pair of panties. What 7 year old wants panties? She needed them and was going to get them.

So I paperclipped them into one long string and stuffed them into a cardboard wrapping paper tube. Then just wrapped that. The kids were very perplexed about the long tube under the tree. Christmas morning you should've seen her face when she started pulling panties out of the tube..
    My Mother, bless her, always gave me panties when I lived at home. The first year Hubby and I were dating, he came over to open presents. Well here I am with a box, Open it and it is full of very sexy bikini panties. Now Mom knew what I liked to wear but opening them in front of a 1 month boyfriend was a bit much. (Thanks Mom) Hubby, looks at my Mom and says I don't know which of us should thank you for these. I thought I would die of embarrassment and then laughter. She never even thought about who was going to be there. She went red too.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2717563;
    My Mother, bless her, always gave me panties when I lived at home. The first year Hubby and I were dating, he came over to open presents. Well here I am with a box, Open it and it is full of very sexy bikini panties. Now Mom knew what I liked to wear but opening them in front of a 1 month boyfriend was a bit much. (Thanks Mom) Hubby, looks at my Mom and says I don't know which of us should thank you for these. I thought I would die of embarrassment and then laughter. She never even thought about who was going to be there. She went red too.

Did she continue to give that gift after that year?

My husband who never wants anything always requests boxers for his birthday and Christmas. I always try to find funny ones like Spongebob, etc.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Walmart used to carry silk boxers which my son loved. They made good presents because they were too expensive for him to spend on himself and they wore out quickly so replacing them was timely. I haven't seen them there for a couple of years now.
    Count your blessings!

Opinions needed.

My daughter is about to turn 10 and wants a real party. I can't decide what to go with. I would love the childrens museum but it is too expensive.

Anybody have any ideas?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Dags, does a "real party" mean something not at home? Just curious about that before I start making suggestions...

Yeah, definitely not at home. I don't want all those kids at my house. I would love the museum but it is just too expensive. Right now I am kind of torn between skating and Chuck E Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2719055;
    Yeah, definitely not at home. I don't want all those kids at my house. I would love the museum but it is just too expensive. Right now I am kind of torn between skating and Chuck E Cheese.
    Go with skating dags. Chuck E Cheese is my idea of hell.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2719090;
    Go with skating dags. Chuck E Cheese is my idea of hell.
    As a former manager (years ago) of a Showbiz Pizza Place (same thing) I agree. I hated Saturdays and Sundays with all the birthday parties.

I've gone to parties at roller rinks (California's equivalent to ice rinks ) and Chuck E. Cheese, and I'd definitely go with skating, too. I've only been to two Chuck E. Cheese's, but they both had that old-grease, sweaty-kid smell to them. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to return to one.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

My girls loved bowling parties, and they're about the same price as skating parties. Chuck E. Cheese was always a hit, too. Here in my town there is a mini-golf park that has an indoor arcade with go-carts and bumper cars and video games and stuff like that - it's a bit more expensive than skating/bowling, but if you do the simple party pack that comes with cupcakes and drinks (no "real" food) and a lesser amount of game tokens per child the cost is pretty reasonable. If the parents want to send more money for the kids to play longer, they can. We did this for my older daughter when she was 11 and it was a big hit.

Sometimes local hotels or even community centers will rent out their indoor pools for a few hours and you can have the kids come swim. Cake and ice cream or other treats served there. Both of mine had birthdays in the summer months so this wasn't really a good one, but they LOVE getting invites to these parties in the winter!

+ Reply to Thread