+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2715632;
    These stories remind me of the year I gave DD (then 7 or so) about a dozen pair of panties. What 7 year old wants panties? She needed them and was going to get them.

So I paperclipped them into one long string and stuffed them into a cardboard wrapping paper tube. Then just wrapped that. The kids were very perplexed about the long tube under the tree. Christmas morning you should've seen her face when she started pulling panties out of the tube..
    I used to get underwear in my stocking. THAT is NOT something you want in your stocking whether you need it or not!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2715608;
    I think that's a great idea, dagwood. At least that way, you get stuff you need. I'm tired of receiving all these gifts that I appreciate, because people went to the trouble and expense of getting it for me. But let's face it, I have everything I need and hate to see all that money being wasted. I'd much rather have people make a donation to a charity instead. At least that way, people who really need the help are getting it.
    We pretty much feel the same way. I dont' need to dust anything and the only thing I'd really like to get are things I need (I occasionally need perfume. ) or books, even though I have to dust books. But lately, the husband and I have taken to giving each other concert and play tickets for holidays and birthdays. I like that gift as I get to go too when I give him the tickets. Then its something fun to look forward too, its not something else that takes up room, needs to be dusted, eaten or is impractical.

Donations are always good idea too.

Our church newsletter just arrived and they are having a "birthday party" on Dec. 23 instead of Sunday School. Cake and ice cream will be served and everyone is to bring a baby gift: diapers, formula, clothes and other needed new baby items to be donated to charity. I think this is SUCH A GREAT IDEA! It's being advertised as a Birthday Party for Jesus.
    I am going out later to see what sales Walgreens has on baby items. I refuse to go back to Walmart or Target until Jan. 2.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-12-2007 at 11:34 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good Grief! You all brought back memories of the "day of the week" panties that my grandmother always used to give me for Christmas when I was a little girl. I'm sure the deadpan look that came across my face when I opened them was noticeable! Hey, those panties came with a stress factor...I remember becoming concerned if I didn't have the right panty for the day of the week! It all goes fine for the first week or couple of weeks, and then something goes wrong!! This was the day that you prayed not to get "hit by a car"!! The underwear would be clean, but the day of the week was all wrong!! Thank you, Grandmother!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2715781;
    Good Grief! You all brought back memories of the "day of the week" panties that my grandmother always used to give me for Christmas when I was a little girl. I'm sure the deadpan look that came across my face when I opened them was noticeable! Hey, those panties came with a stress factor...I remember becoming concerned if I didn't have the right panty for the day of the week! It all goes fine for the first week or couple of weeks, and then something goes wrong!! This was the day that you prayed not to get "hit by a car"!! The underwear would be clean, but the day of the week was all wrong!! Thank you, Grandmother!

And I always thought it was a bit naughty that the Sat. panties were in red and black.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2715781;
    Hey, those panties came with a stress factor...I remember becoming concerned if I didn't have the right panty for the day of the week!
    I never had those panties, but I always wondered what you did on laundry day. Do you have to rotate days? We always did our laundry on Sunday, and if you're wearing the Sunday panties every Sunday, how do they get washed? Arrrrgggghhh! More stress.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Does anyone remember those panties that came out only at Christmas. You press a certain spot and it plays Jingle Bells or whatever. Those were hilarious. Just saying....

All my Xmas stockings won't stay stuck to the fireplace. Is that a bad thing?

PS. WalMart and a couple other big stores have announced they are now open 24 hours a day until Christmas Day. How on earth are staff supposed to handle that. I hope they get double-time and bonuses!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Our Walmart here is ALWAYS open 24 hrs a day. The only day they close is Christmas Day.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2715964;
    Our Walmart here is ALWAYS open 24 hrs a day. The only day they close is Christmas Day.
    Same here. And what's amazing to me is that the very, very few times I've been at say, 2 a.m. (usually for cold medicine for a sick family member), its always crowded. Does that store NEVER have a less crowded time?

Oh and our Walmart removed the cans of whipped cream on weekend nights after 10 p.m. I asked why they were taking it out of the refrigerated case (I thought it was spoiled or something), they told me they do it every weekend to keep people from "huffing" the gas. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2715964;
    As is my restaurant. Actually we close Sunday night at 11 p.m. and re-open Monday morning at 6 a.m. So a couple of ours a week I don't have to worry about call offs, power outages and the like. We close Christmas Eve at 6 p.m. and re-open the day after Christmas at 6 a.m. That is the only time we close.

Gutmutter - How are things with your exchange student?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2715692;
    Our church newsletter just arrived and they are having a "birthday party" on Dec. 23 instead of Sunday School. Cake and ice cream will be served and everyone is to bring a baby gift: diapers, formula, clothes and other needed new baby items to be donated to charity. I think this is SUCH A GREAT IDEA! It's being advertised as a Birthday Party for Jesus.
    What a fabulous idea! I hope you get lots of baby items for charity.

My mom does has a great gift wrap trick for baby and wedding showers. She wraps baby shower gifts in baby blankets and wraps wedding gifts in bath or dish towels. They always looks pretty, and are a big hit with the receipients.

+ Reply to Thread