+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I a gift wrapping nut. I even wrap my own!

got a gorgeouse tower of fancy green/red foil bows this year and really going to town.
    Not that it matters, but I like doing it and making them look pretty.

and, yes, 3 pcs of tape at the most, and fold all the ends down pretty.

I hobble to the living room, turn on the tree, haul my foot up so it is nose height - and wrap on the ottoman. I laid everything out before the surgery so it was within reach.
    I know hubby would not understand my need to wrap. But he does have to haul the presents in from the deliveries that are going on this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2714188;
    as I am such an artistic perfectionist, that they have to be mini works of art. It probably takes me 15 minutes to wrap just one gift

It takes me fifteen minutes to wrap a gift, too. Unfortunately, mine don't look like mini works of art when I am finished, more like a preschool craft show.

Thank goodness for gift bags!

I'm another one of those who are horrible at wrapping, for whom gift bags were made.

My grandparents have a huge stack of shirt-boxes that have holiday patterns already printed on them. I don't know where they got them, but they've reused them for years. Seriously, the backs of some of those boxes have, like, ten names scratched out from previous years' recipients. We have the big family holiday meal, we all get our present, we take it and we leave the box with them for next year.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2713978;
    I think she knew that one. she was commenting on the PEnnsylvania 6-5000
    Yes, I am famliar with Jenny, but I have to look up Glenn Miller!

My mom used to play the same stack of Christmas records every single year on the old record player while she would sew and fix our clothes. They were mainly choir and orchestral mixes. But I loved them. Every time she began to play them, I knew Christmas was right around the corner. We still have those LP's somewhere and I've been meaning to copy them onto tape. Although now I should actually copy them to CD. Great memories.

myrosiedog: My Dad had a gold plymouth with that same heavy bubble plastic on the seats!! We had to sit on them too! Wayyyy too hot in the summer; and it would leave ugly bubble marks on the back of your legs! Imagine, being 5yrs old with cellulite!

prhoshay and doxie: Curly ribbon can hide a multitude of wrapping sins!

roseskid: That oatmeal story is great! We had a box similar to that going around for a few years, but something happened to it. Actually, we wouldn't be surprised to actually get a box of oatmeal: we often give food gifts now to each other. No-one needs very much.

doxie: You have the AC on?!! Meowza. We has winter here.

Superbrat: Congrats on being the Best at gift-wrapping! That is a definite talent you have!

Lois Lane: The best warm memories are usually the odd ones!

snickertink, Lucy, Ellen, Newf, brunette trixie: You do know that it's the thought that counts, not the wrapping!! I think it's really sweet that someone still attempt to wrap a gift. As full of tape as it might get!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Whew.
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-11-2007 at 03:59 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

We had the ac on here today too. Very pretty, nice indian summer type day here. Definetly not fall or Christmas weather for sure!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just love wrapping presents and I think I do a pretty good job because it's so much fun for me. I admit it takes me a long time, the corners aren't always perfect, my bows are satisfactory ... and I use more than 3 pieces of tape, but they usually look okay. I am always last minute Lizzy as well with the wrapping marathon.

When I come up with a creative solution for a large or irregular package, I also love patting myself on the back . Last year I wrapped a huge box ( pots and pans ) in a holiday tablecloth. The recipient loved it. The inexpensive plastic ones work too as wrapping "paper". I also put wrapped gifts for a family inside one of those Christmas storage containers last year as part of the gift. It made it easy to take and deliver. I also would rather spend a dollar at the dollar store for a container of some sort, ... a basket, a tin, a plastic box, a tote thing, a wastebasket, ... whatever ... than pay a dollar or more for a paper gift bag.

I never thought I was very good at wrapping until people started asking me for ideas or to help them wrap things, so that raises my self-esteem some.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I am one of the ones that is great at wrapping presents. My mom would tape up the boxes (presents for me and my siblings and other relatives) and have me wrap them all. I loved it! Put me down as one of those that take a long time but are really nicely wrapped!

If you write the name on the paper, you need to remember to mark through the name for the next go round!

I use 3 pieces of tape... no one said how long they had to be.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I love wrapping presents. I am not the best, but fairly good. My mother doesn't really like it although she does a great job of wrapping. However, she just sticks bows on everything so I had one boyfriend's mom teach me how to tie ribbon bows. Now I make curly ribbon bows as well as fabric ribbon. Once I got old enough and mom figured out that she could have me wrap presents it became my job. One year we were standing in an assembly line. She would box the present, then hand it to me to wrap. After I was done wrapping I would ask her whom the gift was for. I was so intent on my wrapping job that one box at least she just gave me a funny grin and told me the gift was for myself. Of course by that time it was already wrapped! I haven't been home for Christmas for years, I wonder who wraps her gifts for her or if she just sticks everything in bags. My grandmother-in-law actually made the prettiest presents I have ever seen. She wasn't around long enough for me to learn from her though. (of course not teaching me how to make pretty presents isn't the only reason I think she wasn't around long enough). She died too soon, and I wish I had a chance to know her better.

MRD

To those of you who love to wrap, my presents and wrapping paper will be in the mail soon. I will include return postage and I appreciate the help.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread