+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks. Now I am going to have that song stuck in my head for the evening. I'm actually dancing in my chair humming it...Jenny I've got your number, I need to make you mine....hahaha
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2713925;
    Three pieces of tape, especially duct tape, should be plenty

Actually, I do a pretty credible job at wrapping, at least for a guy. I indulge in no frills, but the package ends up crisp and clean, with nice, neat folds in the paper. Back in the dark ages when I was married, my then-wife would have me wrap anything that was the least bit irregular because she knew that I could do a good job with it.
    It is becoming more and more obvious that Newf and Mr. Rosie are twins separated at birth.

I used to think they were saying "Jelly, Jelly" in that song.

Prhoshay, my grandmother didn't have plastic covered furniture, but her car upholstry was covered in this bumpy plastic. Even the visors. I ended up getting her car when I turned 16. We lived in Florida. Do you know how hot that darn plastic can get in a car in summer?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm enjoying all your family tradition stories. When I was little, my mom ran out of boxes on Christmas eve, so while the rest of the house was sleeping, she was scrounging around the house. She found an almost empty round Quaker oatmeal box, tucked the oats in something else, then used that box for whatever it was she was wrapping. The next morning, we all roared thinking she got my Dad oatmeal for Christmas. And so began a tradition where we anxiously awaited seeing who would get the oatmeal box each year. I've carried on the tradition with my family now, but to be honest, I think I'm the only one who still thinks it's hilarious.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2713841;
    I've always enjoyed wrapping presents. At an early age, I fell madly in love with curling ribbon and, to this day, it is my signature ribbon.
    Oh the bane of being an artistic person lol. My mom makes me wrap ALL her gifts, as I am such an artistic perfectionist, that they have to be mini works of art. I have a mass collection of ribbons every year to decorate gifts with. Everything from thick yarn ribbon, to curling ribbon, to the wired ribbon. It probably takes me 15 minutes to wrap just one gift The fact that I worked at a gift wrap booth one year for a church i use to go to didn't help either.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2714154;
    I'm enjoying all your family tradition stories. When I was little, my mom ran out of boxes on Christmas eve, so while the rest of the house was sleeping, she was scrounging around the house. She found an almost empty round Quaker oatmeal box, tucked the oats in something else, then used that box for whatever it was she was wrapping. The next morning, we all roared thinking she got my Dad oatmeal for Christmas. And so began a tradition where we anxiously awaited seeing who would get the oatmeal box each year. I've carried on the tradition with my family now, but to be honest, I think I'm the only one who still thinks it's hilarious.
    That is hilarious!!! All the stores used to give out boxes...a lot of the stores these days are charging for boxes...I won't pay for a box. I'm too cheap for that! My parents used to always open my presents very carefully so that they could give me back the wrapping paper... even as cheap as I am, I actually got tired of taking home the wrapping paper. So I began encouraging them to just rip through it. It took a little cajoling but once they got used to it, they loved it. It was so fun for me to watch my serious, proper parents acting like little kids at Christmas. It's a warm memory for me...even though I know it sounds pretty odd.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2714076;
    It is becoming more and more obvious that Newf and Mr. Rosie are twins separated at birth.
    It seems unlikely. My mother often said that her greatest regret was that I wasn't twins None of my siblings seem to remember her saying that but their memories tend to be selective.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2714154;
    We use empty diet coke boxes (always a lot of those hanging around!).
    I'm not good at wrapping. My mom is really good at it but I've never asked her to teach me. I just get her to wrap my presents for me. I've even had her wrap the ones to herself, just making sure they were in a taped up box first. I'm terrible.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

Ice storm here so I'm playing hookie, and about to spend the day wrapping presents. my method - roll object in paper. scruch ends and wrapp the whole mess with tape. I suck!
    It's a disability - I can't fold a fitted sheet to save my life. those suckas kinda just get rolled and scrunched too. Now my dear mother can wrap a present and have it look like a dream, and she can get a fitted sheet folded flat and perfect.

MRD

The gift bag and tissue paper are the GREATEST inventions EVER!!!!!

No wrapping. Just shove item in bag, crumple tissue on top of it and make the ends stick out of the bag kind of decoratively and viola! Instant, beautiful present.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I second that emotion!
    Yay, gift bags!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread