+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've always enjoyed wrapping presents. At an early age, I fell madly in love with curling ribbon and, to this day, it is my signature ribbon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You know that comment that people sometimes make -- the one that goes something like "This present is too pretty to unwrap!" Yeah, I never hear that one . . .

BTW -- my sister and I have a traveling bow & gift card that we've been exchanging since junior high (middle school in today's lingo). My mom got one of those fancy-schmancy bow makers, so I got creative and made bows and homemade gift tags decorated with the few things I could sort of draw well. My sister saved the one on her gift, and the next year, she put the bow and gift tag on my gift, but crossed out the names on the "to" and "from" sections, and rewrote it to be to me, from her. Then the next year I did the same. And so on. We still have it going. It's now in a ziplock baggie to keep it from totally falling apart, so we just tape the baggie to the present. Yeah, we're a little nuts!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2713860;
    You know that comment that people sometimes make -- the one that goes something like "This present is too pretty to unwrap!" Yeah, I never hear that one . . .

BTW -- my sister and I have a traveling bow & gift card that we've been exchanging since junior high (middle school in today's lingo). My mom got one of those fancy-schmancy bow makers, so I got creative and made bows and homemade gift tags decorated with the few things I could sort of draw well. My sister saved the one on her gift, and the next year, she put the bow and gift tag on my gift, but crossed out the names on the "to" and "from" sections, and rewrote it to be to me, from her. Then the next year I did the same. And so on. We still have it going. It's now in a ziplock baggie to keep it from totally falling apart, so we just tape the baggie to the present. Yeah, we're a little nuts!

Yeah, I never hear that either.

Love your bow regifting. Been hearing a lot of those stories lately and I think they are so special. It's one of those things that always brings fond memories and a lot of smiles when its given and received. I love to hear those kinds of things.

My grandmother used to iron wrapping paper to reuse it. She always washed out baggies and saved bread wrappers. And of course bows!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Plastic on the living room furniture?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2713216;

I don't get it...
    Am I just stoopid or not old enough?
    I don't think you are stupid and I don't know how old you are. The #867-5309 is from a song from the 80's. I confess I don't know the title of the song, but the words are: Jenny, I've got your number...867-5309 and the number is repeated over and over in that song.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

The song is called "Jenny...867-5309"........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2713910;
    The song is called "Jenny...867-5309"........
    I sure should have figured that out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2713834;
    Ha. I'm a horrible wrapper, too. People think that because I'm artistic, I wrap a mean present... couldn't be further from the truth. Mine also look like they were wrapped by a 3 year old and add to that my mom's training to NEVER use more than 3 pieces of tape. Stuff flapping everywhere. I still never use more than 3 pieces of tape. I'm afraid she'll come screaming out here from Ohio and chastise me. We reuse paper, too. It gets confusing since we also write names right on the paper. You can get a gift with more than one name on it, and then I have to try to remember what's in it or go in another room and unwrap/rewrap and then give it. heh. I remember my mom doing that, too.
    Three pieces of tape, especially duct tape, should be plenty

Actually, I do a pretty credible job at wrapping, at least for a guy. I indulge in no frills, but the package ends up crisp and clean, with nice, neat folds in the paper. Back in the dark ages when I was married, my then-wife would have me wrap anything that was the least bit irregular because she knew that I could do a good job with it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2713841;
    I've always enjoyed wrapping presents. At an early age, I fell madly in love with curling ribbon and, to this day, it is my signature ribbon.
    I love curly ribbon too! I also love to wrap presents and am looking forward to doing some of that tonight. However, it was almost 80 here today and so it's not feeling too much like Christmas. We had to turn the AC on yesterday while we were decorating the tree!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2713908;
    I don't think you are stupid and I don't know how old you are. The #867-5309 is from a song from the 80's. I confess I don't know the title of the song, but the words are: Jenny, I've got your number...867-5309 and the number is repeated over and over in that song.

I think she knew that one. she was commenting on the PEnnsylvania 6-5000
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread