+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What is self checkout? I don't think we have that in Canada.

It is an automatic checkout where you scan your own items. The pay is kind of like a vending machine, you stick the money in and the change comes out separately. I hate them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love the self-scanners, but I am a gadget girl. I hate that the Walgreen's don't have them. You usually spend a good deal of your time in line, or you have to hike back to the pharmacy when you see how long the line is, or the person in cosmetics is trying to pretend that she is not there. If you can find her/him, though, they will check you out if you ask them. I'm about to go to one of the newer Walgreen's and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2711478;
    It is a vile invention that makes Walmart even more hellish than normal as it NEVER works as it should.

After repeatedly scanning an item the computerized voice tells you over and over, "please place scanned item in bag" even though you have already placed said scanned item in the bag. It does this until you are ready to kick the machine and the customer service rep has to come fiddle with it so you can then scan the next item that refuses to scan so you must summon back the rep to help scan that item. Then it goes beserk saying to put it in the bag.
    The men with the white coats now hang out in Walmart ready to take away the drooling, babbling idiots that have chosen to use self-checkout.

Yeah, what is that about Walgreens cosmetic person? They must all get the same training: "hide from the customers", never be at your register.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2711478;
    They have it at our local Home Despot in Toronto, but I don't think they've spread too far yet. Mr. Rattus uses it all the time and never had a problem, so maybe they've gotten hold of a better technology.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The last time I tried to use a Home Depot self-check, I damn near got into a fist fight with it. I don't mind paying my share of a cashier's wages if it keeps me from blowing an aneurysm

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always fly through when I use U-Scan-It. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread!

mrd, maybe you need to hang out with me a little! I'll show you how to whip that thing's butt! I have to admit, though, there is nothing worse than being behind somebody who just can't get it going in the right direction.

Maybe Mr. Rattus and Shay need to give U-Scan-It inservices! The first thing you do is walk up to it and let it know who's boss!! If it sees that you are nervous, it is going to give you hell! The first thing I say to it is, "Don't start no sh!t....won't be none!" I guess we've come to an "understanding"!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-08-2007 at 06:56 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2711547;
    I always fly through when I use U-Scan-It. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread!

mrd, maybe you need to hang out with me a little! I'll show you how to whip that thing's butt! I have to admit, though, there is nothing worse than being behind somebody who just can't get it going in the right direction.

Maybe Mr. Rattus and Shay need to give U-Scan-It inservices! The first thing you do is walk up to it and let it know who's boss!! If it sees that you are nervous, it is going to give you hell! The first thing I say to it is, "Don't start no sh!t....won't be none!" I guess we've come to an "understanding"!
    The Bi-Lo (I always think this sounds so weird saying that word) grocery store ones work fine for me. It's only at Walmart. Of course by checkout I'm ready to yank someone baldheaded anyway, so I think its just messing with me.

I'm like Newf, I'd rather be paying the cashier's wages to check me out.

It's going to be like self-serve gas before long isn't it?
    I really do miss the days of full serve gas, where someone pumped the gas, washed the windshield and checked the oil and I sat in the car and paid at the end.

That's how I want to shop too. Someone else scans the stuff and I pay at the end. "put scanned item in the bag, put scanned item in te bag" ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2711547;
    I'm with you, I like U-Scan. I prefer it to waiting for the cashier to put everything in the bag. I can whip through there with a cart full super fast. Our grocery stores have had them for a while and the technology has really upgraded on them in the past couple of years making them even quicker and easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;2711178;
    There has got to be someone out there that can invent this stuff. How bout a self cleaning bathroom. Shut the door, seal it and hit the switch and something either hose everthing down with bleach, then water . . .
    Someone already did. In San Francisco, they have these self-cleaning public restrooms. They're very roomy, too. You go in, latch the door (20-minute limit so no one gets the bright idea of making it their hotel room for the night or whatever), do your thing, leave -- and when you leave, the restroom closes itself up for a few minutes while it hoses itself down and disinfects itself for the next person. Best. Invention. Ever. (And yes, the toilet paper somehow stays dry.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread