+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768691091595591059 ... LastLast
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

The world is a safer place because I chose not to serve hot food to strangers. My klutzyness is legend among the folks who know me. We even built our house with extra wide doorways and halls in hopes that maybe I would have less black eyes and bumps on me. My husband was tired of getting dirty looks from folks.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    We, Canadians, don't tip well because we can't do the math. Plain and simple.
    I'm sure you meant to say that you do not tip well because YOU cannot do the math. I am Canadian and I can add, subtract, multiply and even divide.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I'm sure you meant to say that you do not tip well because YOU cannot do the math. I am Canadian and I can add, subtract, multiply and even divide.
    Show off!

But I do say maths instead of math (that's the Francophone in me).

One easy way to figure a 20% tip is multiply the dollar amount of your bill by 2 and drop the last zero.
    Your bill is $12.38. 12.00 x 2 = 24.00 so your tip is 2.40. I usually round it up.
    Or a rule of thumb is $1.00 for each $5.00 your bill comes to.

I agree with more for really good service and less for poor service.

Have you been to a place that has a tip helper printed right on the bill? I got one on the slip I had to sign for the debit card. It automatically figured the tip at 15%, 18% and 20%. I just had to pick one and sign.

I thought that was a nice help, but it rather assumes that one would be leaving a tip at all.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    way back about 100 years ago, Jewelsy posted this link (I think it was you Jewels) http://www.findalink.net/tippingetiquette.php

It's very helpful when dealing with figuring out tips.

I'm an over-tipper when I get good service, but I make myself known if it's bad service.

As far as my pedicure (which when I get the spa one it's $25, I give her $5).
    Last edited by marybethp; 08-01-2006 at 01:33 PM.

It's so confusing reading about all of your tipping habits. Here in Sweden it is included, but if the service has been good we usually add a little extra. I never tip my hairdresser fx.

When we were in Prague about ten years ago we tipped the waitress at the coffee shop about 75 cents, to get rid of our change. She looked at us in disbelief for leaving so much (this was a small coffee shop off the tourist streaks). She was really grateful and we felt kind of bad for leaving an, for us, insignificant sum and she thought it was so much. But hey, at least she was happy for her tip and did not just take it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    The world is a safer place because I chose not to serve hot food to strangers. My klutzyness is legend among the folks who know me. We even built our house with extra wide doorways and halls in hopes that maybe I would have less black eyes and bumps on me. My husband was tired of getting dirty looks from folks.
    I can soooo sympathize with your poor husband!!! My wife bruises if you look at her funny, and it doesn't help she is as klutzy as I am. I HATE it!!! You do get funny looks from people all the time! At least we have winter up here so she's covered up half the year.
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Wait till she gets older. It gets better. The smallest bump looks about the size of a fist. It doesn't help anything that I'm a small person and he's a big man. Used to be anyway. We sort of met in the middle a few years ago. lol Anyway, he is far too smart to hit me. He would have to go to sleep sometime and then I would settle the score.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Me too.

I've found that a simple way to figure out the tip is take 10% of the total ($57 = $5.70) and double that ($5.70 x 2 = $11.40) for a healthy 20% tip. Multiply by 1.5 for your middle-of-the-road 15% tip.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread