+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7127Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

When I started gaining weight after having kids I read the best article addressing the things that are more important that weight... naming several historically important women and asking if it mattered what they weighed. It said to throw away your scale and eat with common sense, but enjoy what you do eat. That's exactly what I did. Now I'm trying to lose weight for health reasons but doing it by adding exercise which I should have been doing all along and wasn't. I still indulge now and then (we had our Christmas party at work today and I had half a slice of cheesecake!). When I do, I make sure I'm paying attention to every mouthful and really enjoying it. I read just this week that feeling guilty when you eat something makes your immune system weaker.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Hey, anyone here know anything about model airplanes? Not the working model kind, just the model kind?

I've been trying to find WW One bi-plane models and my head is now swimming after googling that. And what I have found is astronomically priced. Probably the actual WW One plane didn't cost that much. The museum is paying for it, but we need to conserve money, we don't have it to throw away.

But I'm in desperate need of someone that may have done this as a hobby and can reccomend a site or store or something where I might find a relatively inexpensive model of the German Fokker, The Sopwith Camel and the Dayton-Wright DH 4.

I know next to nothing, well actually I know nothing about model airplanes or models at all, so would welcome any info anyone has.
    Thanks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hobby Lobby carries model planes.
    Hobby Lobby : Home Page

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2709201;
    Hobby Lobby carries model planes.
    Hobby Lobby : Home Page
    Thank you! We have one here and they have coupons!

Everything I was finding on the internet was apparantly for the very serious model airplane builders that invest hundreds and thousands of dollars in one model.

I just need something fairly simple and not so grandiose.

Many thanks.

MRD

I have found the secret of life (at least for today. )

Start your morning off with a great cup of coffee and the Jimmy Dorsey orchestra.
    Hubby is miffed I won't let him watch the Today Show, but I found "Four Jills in a Jeep" on and I've been "jiving" to the sounds of the 40's. It has done me a world of good as usually I am a huge grouch in the mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2709651;
    I have found the secret of life (at least for today. )

Start your morning off with a great cup of coffee and the Jimmy Dorsey orchestra.
    Hubby is miffed I won't let him watch the Today Show, but I found "Four Jills in a Jeep" on and I've been "jiving" to the sounds of the 40's. It has done me a world of good as usually I am a huge grouch in the mornings.
    Absolutely agree. Well, actually, it's a cup of tea and Glenn Miller for me, but essentially the same idea . Or somedays, a Red Bull and the Violent Femmes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I can do that but with ice coffee and utter silence for an hour.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

I can't do Red Bull. My daughter will drink that and then will not shut up. I mean that literally. She does NOT stop talking.

I could use a cup of coffee right now. I'm freezing and sleepy and have to be somewhere in an hour and its going to be cold as its outside mostly.

For me on my days off a good cup of coffee in the morning and sitting outside with the "kids." It helps me to focus on what I have to do, but when I have to work it's rush rush rush.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Red Bull doesn't make me hyper..and I like it...but I refuse to pay $3.00+ for a teeny tiny can.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread