+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5806Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2708595;
    We have a guy at the office who is mentally retarded. He's a very nice guy and does what he's able to do very well. But he says exactly what's in his head. A co-worker got her hair cut one time. He noticed it and asked if she got her hair cut. She replied yes. He said "don't worry. It'll grow back."
    That sounds almost cute to me, considering who said it.

Other people should know better...

Rattus, no she didn't! HOW RUDE!!! Unbelievable... I'm sorry you had to hear that. So, so rude!

Rattus people who are overly concerned with the size of other people are deathly afraid of being fat themselves.
    I would have picked up a doughnut (a treat her fat-phobic self would be terrified of) and ate it in front of her making inappropriate sex noises.
    At least your purported 'short-comings' are not who you are, she's stuck with that sucky personality for life.

"I may be fat, but you're ugly (on the inside), and I can lose weight"
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Yes, Lois, she is one rude, rude woman. The upside to this event, though, was that I was able to parlay it into a desk at the far end of the pen from hers. I didn't complain at the time because I'm not a complainer, but when I found out that there was going to be an office shuffle, I brought it up with my supervisor and told her that I really didn't want to set next to her rudeness and if I did end up there, there was a pretty good chance I would end up quitting. Et voila! I can't see her without my glasses on.

And Duxxy, you are spot on. She is terrified of being fat. She's not large, but she is what I might call middle-aged stocky. I've heard her going on about how she must have a thyroid disorder because she couldn't possibly weigh that much with what she eats (that was four years ago). And then it has been endless diets since then with no visible change. That's because she's not fat - her body has just shifted into a fairly typical middle-aged shape, which is not unhealthy or unattractive, but nor is it the lithe grace of youth.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus that's more than rude. I had a regular customer ask me once (pre-diet days) if I was on a see-food diet. You know the smart ass "You see food and you eat it" routine. My reply was "you must be on the idiot diet because that's what you are acting like." I proceeded to tell him he was a rude piece of crap, I didn't see any humor in it at all and that he could kiss my rear end. Jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2708686;
    Rattus that's more than rude. I had a regular customer ask me once (pre-diet days) if I was on a see-food diet. You know the smart ass "You see food and you eat it" routine. My reply was "you must be on the idiot diet because that's what you are acting like." I proceeded to tell him he was a rude piece of crap, I didn't see any humor in it at all and that he could kiss my rear end. Jerk.
    . Man, I really wish I could have gotten away with that, but she is a complainer and would have done her damndest to get me fired. Not that I wouldn't mind not working here, but my mortgage holder would disagree vehemently.

It really is quite amazing how non-empathetic people can be, though, isn't it? I mean, everybody's got something that isn't quite up to par with at least one other person. I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that I have made a couple of young women cry over the past number of years after nasty comments from them about my weight by pointing out very eloquently (I'm much more eloquent when I'm steaming mad then I am when I'm at peace with the world) each and every one of their physical flaws. Surprisingly, neither of them liked it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Wow, I'm letting my officemate know about some of these stories-thank god she's not like that! When I end up with a bad haircut, I always think, well, it'll grow. When my dad talked me into getting a hair cut from the middle of my back to a pixie cut, I liked it but he thought it was too short (he wore a longish crew cut -in the 70's). I've decided I'm never going to please everyone, so as long as I'm happy, ok. I don't know if I could hold my tongue if someone said something rude to me. I'd probably say "Joe called..." and they'd say, "Joe who?" and I'd say, "Joe momma!"

Woops! Wrong thread!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2708525;
    I had an assistant manager that would come stick her face real close to my plate of food every time I ate to see "What are you having, boy that looks good" or "No I'm in the mood for something else." That's fine, I wasn't preparing a plate for you anyway.
    People can be so rude. Since I've lost all this weight I have had many people ask "Are you sick?" or "Did you lose all that weight on purpose?" I would never ask someone that directly. What if I did have a fatal disease? Why in the heck would you do that to someone?
    That sounds like one of those Bill Engvall "Here's your sign" questions.

No, damn, I knew I'd been forgetting to do something for months, like EAT!
    Thanks for that reminder.

Or: No, I woke up one day and none of my pants fit.

It amazes me that there is so much weight discrimmination. I used to hear that awful, awful comment from friends and family: "but you have SUCH a pretty face". Meaning but the rest of you is disgusting. UGH, I hated that.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-06-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog: Those kids you had at the museum are smarter than this Canadian 5th grader! I didn't know all of those things.

rattus: OMGosh. How rude.

Lois Lane: Just as rude.

I used to get it both ways: When I was working, I was sooooo stressed, I couldn't even eat when I had big projects to work on. So I was around 105 and had a 22" waist. I would go to the head office for a meeting and would get comments from other women about what a stick I was and so forth. Little did they know I was actually getting anorexic and it was the only thing I felt I could control at that time of my life.

Then, more recently, I had gained 50 pounds from a cocktail of medications from my doctor. I just ballooned and boy did I notice a difference of comments from the peanut gallery around me. I'm now somewhere inbetween so I'm kind of invisible.

Women. They don't like you when you're thin and they won't like you when you're not. Go figure.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2708595;
    We have a guy at the office who is mentally retarded. He's a very nice guy and does what he's able to do very well. But he says exactly what's in his head. A co-worker got her hair cut one time. He noticed it and asked if she got her hair cut. She replied yes. He said "don't worry. It'll grow back."
    That is so funny. I work in an assisted living facility. We had two residents who would sit on a little couch in the hallway and then say things about the people who walked past. Of course they were hard of hearing and would think they were having a private conversation when actually everyone could hear them. I think what they said about me was, "You'd think she'd lose weight with how much she walks back and forth."

After reading the recipe thread I needed to come post another funny thing a resident said to me one time. "Stephanie the reason I like pineapple upside down cake is because I can get my fruit and grains."
    Last edited by CantGetNuf; 12-06-2007 at 06:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread