+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7130Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2708311;
    My two peeves of the day:
    1. After rushing a small bit, walking out to the bus stop three minutes before the bus should leave (which should be enough time) I see it pass by. It left three minutes early. So then I had to wait for another ten minutes for the next one. Late buses are one thing, but early are even worse (OK, in this case I only had to wait ten minutes, but since I rushed a bit it was annoying).

2. At lunch sometimes I bring sandwiches or homemade baguettes. Many people have commented on the fact that my lunch is a bit dull. Even if it is, why do they care? And why point it out to me? Would they say "that looks disgusting" if they didn't like something? It's my food, so long as I'm happy with it, why should someone else bother?

Sorry for the rants but it's been bugging me all day.

AS for number 2 - I feel the same way, it's my lunch - why are you even commenting on it?

Maybe they secretly want you to offer some of your lunch to them and even though they might say it looks disgusting, they would scarf it down faster than lightning!

MRD

Well you guys know me, I'd have to say about the lunch thing:

"and this is your business how??"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2708311;
    2. At lunch sometimes I bring sandwiches or homemade baguettes. Many people have commented on the fact that my lunch is a bit dull. Even if it is, why do they care? And why point it out to me? Would they say "that looks disgusting" if they didn't like something? It's my food, so long as I'm happy with it, why should someone else bother?
    What an odd thing to mention. Why would they care if your meal is "dull" as long as they don't have to eat it? People are just rude. I got my hair cut very short once and one of the women I worked with made it a point to come up to me and say, "I liked it better when it was long." In my head, I was thinking, "Arse---e." But I just smiled and said, "Well it's a good thing it's not your hair then!"

I had an assistant manager that would come stick her face real close to my plate of food every time I ate to see "What are you having, boy that looks good" or "No I'm in the mood for something else." That's fine, I wasn't preparing a plate for you anyway.
    People can be so rude. Since I've lost all this weight I have had many people ask "Are you sick?" or "Did you lose all that weight on purpose?" I would never ask someone that directly. What if I did have a fatal disease? Why in the heck would you do that to someone?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2708512;
    What an odd thing to mention. Why would they care if your meal is "dull" as long as they don't have to eat it? People are just rude. I got my hair cut very short once and one of the women I worked with made it a point to come up to me and say, "I liked it better when it was long." In my head, I was thinking, "Arse---e." But I just smiled and said, "Well it's a good thing it's not your hair then!"
    What gets me is that in the past I have gotten new styles and everyone just goes on and on about it and gushes: "It looks SO good", to the point where I feel like they are saying: "thank god you got your hair done because it looked like sh** before"

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2708512;

Perfect answer. Now use that wit for kids selling stuff, or anyone selling stuff for that matter.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2708525;
    Since I've lost all this weight I have had many people ask "Are you sick?" or "Did you lose all that weight on purpose?" I would never ask someone that directly. What if I did have a fatal disease? Why in the heck would you do that to someone?
    One woman who I used to work with (thankfully this is no longer the case!) used to comment on my appearance ALL the time. She was heavy, I had always been thin. One time after I miscarried, I was minding my own business at work and she comes running up to me and SHOUTS out, "Lois! You're pregnant!" She had no reason to say this since I hadn't told her or anyone about my pregnancy and then miscarriage. So she was just being an arse---e.

Granted, she couldn't have known that I had miscarried, but why would you make a loud announcement like that when in fact you don't know if that person is pregnant. She just thought I looked pregnant. Of course I was heartsick, but I was also really angry. I just smiled and said, "No, I'm not pregnant. I'm just fat." (I wanted to add, "Like you." But I didn't. I wish I had...)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2708552;
    Perfect answer. Now use that wit for kids selling stuff, or anyone selling stuff for that matter.
    I tell you, I'm such a sucker with some people! And you're right--I will deal with people selling stuff MUCH better from now on...BRING IT, neighbors!

I'm a portly gal, and while I am trying to lose weight, I'm not beating myself up over the whole thing. But a couple of years ago this co-worker (whom, surprisingly, I do not care for) first ,rapped my knuckles with a spoon while I was putting sugar in my tea, and second, asked me if I was ashamed to go out in public, what with being so gigantic and all. My response to her was no, not at all, since I fully believe that people are far more than just their physical appearance. However, I haven't spoken to her since. Well, until two weeks ago when I got moved into her area *bleh*. But honestly, I don't believe I've ever heard anything so rude out of anyone but a construction worker or a street person (they can be brutal to the large).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

We have a guy at the office who is mentally retarded. He's a very nice guy and does what he's able to do very well. But he says exactly what's in his head. A co-worker got her hair cut one time. He noticed it and asked if she got her hair cut. She replied yes. He said "don't worry. It'll grow back."

+ Reply to Thread