+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2704242;
    brunette trixie: You remember the 80's?!!
    Miss Kitty, that actually made me laugh out loud.

About the whole losing touch one with friends and relatives issue. I have a bit of the other side of the story I think. I was always a relatively successful person, someone you could call if you needed a favor or a shoulder to cry on. And I was really comfortable in that role. Then about 7-8 years ago, I hit a really rough patch, and I stopped keeping in touch with people because of embarrassment/shame. I was the person who always had it together, and it was hard for me to be the one with problems. I really didn't know how to open up and tell people about the stuff that I going through, so it was easier to just avoid them. Now I realize how stupid that was, and how much time I lost with some really good people.

Not that I'm saying that any of the people in the posts here are not keeping in touch for a similar reason, but sometimes people are just too caught up in their own bullcrap to notice when someone else is trying to reach out.

I love "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2704542;
    I love "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
    HA! I watched it also
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love the "Samantha Claus" part!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think the Charlie Brown Christmas cartoon is one of life's little pleasures. In fact, all of the Peanuts cartoons are. Even though I have The Great Pumpkin, The Christmas ep, and others recorded, it's not the same. I like to watch on 'live' TV, so to speak. I guess it's sort of like hearing your favorite song on the radio and getting more excited than just listening to your CD.
    Hey, I never claimed to make sense!

I totally get what you are saying. I love to see it scheduled, and wait for it to come on.

Does anybody but me, love it when the very first Norelco floating heads commercial with Santa riding the razor down the slopes appears. That's when it becomes Christmas Season for me.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2705286;
    Does anybody but me, love it when the very first Norelco floating heads commercial with Santa riding the razor down the slopes appears. That's when it becomes Christmas Season for me.
    Me!!! Those were always my favorite commercials as a kid.

I love Charlie Brown's Christmas. I even have it in book form.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2705286;
    Me too! You are so right. Now the Christmas shopping season has started for real!

I watched the first Charlie Brown Christmas show last evening as that one is my favorite. For some reason I never really got into the second Christmas show. It appears from their advertising that ABC and their Family Channel are really bringing back some holiday cheer this year. I guess we thank the writers strike for that - Thank You.

Now, once the concerts start, I'll really pick up the spirit.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so do you sing/hum along with the "Charlie Brown Christmas" songs? I hope at least somebody joins me in that particular geek-y activity!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread