+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #5701
    FORT Fan Shaybo II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    My hubby just put up some Chrissy lights, but I feel like we're missing something like maybe SNOW.

  2. #5702
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    What's a KLATCH????

  3. #5703
    Cy Young 2010 Mariner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Waiting for Spring
    Posts
    16,924
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

  4. #5704
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    In my best & only German...Danke!

  5. #5705
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2693581;
    After hearing about the lutefisk story, it sounds like a wonderful time to be violently allergic to white fish!!! Why lye?

    I was also brought up to eat breakfast rice with butter and salt. I think it's a southern thing, and my family was from Louisiana. Tasted sweet breakfast rice once, and thought I'd die! Blech!!! I guess it's all in what you are used to.
    It has to be a Louisiana thing as the rest of us Southerners have NEVER eaten that. Not for breakfast.
    Since Louisiana and SC are both or were both rice producing states, lots of rice dishes in the state. But not for breakfast. Here, we eat Grits with butter and salt. My dad always ate rice at night with butter and salt. We had rice almost every night and we had rice AND potatos often. We liked starch apparantly.

    We don't put sugar in our rice or grits, thank you very much.
    That's what oatmeal and cream of wheat are for.

    My dad loves rice pudding, but I could never stand that either.

    Shaybo, good luck with that snow thing.

    In 1989, Florida had a hard freeze. Very unusual. We turned on the yard sprinklers and woke up Christmas morning to a winter wonderland of icecicles.
    I remember it snowing when I was a sophomore in HS (1978) and they actually called school for it. The stuff melted almost as soon as it hit the ground. But I still have pictures of it coming down and on the cars. We were all beside ourselves with excitement. It SNOWED. In SW Florida!
    Last edited by MRD; 11-28-2007 at 06:41 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #5706
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Rice pudding. I used to work for a Greek that made the best. No raisins. :nono
    Sugar in grits? Heck no! Butter (I don't use salt) with pepper. I have been known to mix jelly with my grits however.

  7. #5707
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2695057;
    Rice pudding. I used to work for a Greek that made the best. No raisins. :nono
    Sugar in grits? Heck no! Butter (I don't use salt) with pepper. I have been known to mix jelly with my grits however.
    My husband insists on eating runny eggs so he can mix those with his grits.
    I prefer my grits plain with butter and salt. And at night, I love me some good lowcountry Shrimp and grits. NOthing better (and I have eaten that for breakfast here too when they have the farmers market downtown in the summer and there is a booth that serves it)

    I don't care much for raisins so maybe that's why I don't like rice pudding because all the ones I've seen have raisins. Greeks make the best food. We've had a couple friends that had restaurants that were Greek. LOVED eating there. And we found one here now too. Yum.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  8. #5708
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2695058;
    My husband insists on eating runny eggs so he can mix those with his grits.
    I prefer my grits plain with butter and salt. And at night, I love me some good lowcountry Shrimp and grits. NOthing better (and I have eaten that for breakfast here too when they have the farmers market downtown in the summer and there is a booth that serves it)

    I don't care much for raisins so maybe that's why I don't like rice pudding because all the ones I've seen have raisins. Greeks make the best food. We've had a couple friends that had restaurants that were Greek. LOVED eating there. And we found one here now too. Yum.
    I used to have rice with butter for breakfast. Can't remember putting sugar on it though. I'm not a big fan of rice pudding..in fact I don't like it at all. Love Asian sticky rice though.

    And, I love my grits...I love them to be on somebody elses plate...far far from mine.

  9. #5709
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2695064;
    I used to have rice with butter for breakfast. Can't remember putting sugar on it though. I'm not a big fan of rice pudding..in fact I don't like it at all. Love Asian sticky rice though.

    And, I love my grits...I love them to be on somebody elses plate...far far from mine.
    I love my grits. I make regular, shrimp and grits, cheese grits, grits casserole with sausage, fried grits, grits bisquits (kind of like cheese straws), grits pie.
    If it's grits, I'll eat it! I may make some this morning now since I'm starving and all the talk of grits has me wanting them.

    I've had rice for breakfast. Usually leftover fried rice from Chinese takeout the night before though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #5710
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,318

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I just never got anywhere close to liking sugar near rice. That is just w-r-o-n-g! Cream of wheat deserves better than sugar, too....it's a butter and salt thing, too. Sugar is for cold cereals! Love grits...really love cheesy grits!! Probably like grits almost anyway you fix them, as long as there is no sugar!

    Those are my savory tastebuds coming into play. I'm just not the big sugarhead. Interestingly enough, my sister is. My mother didn't really do sugar, either, so I guess that's where my preferences have come from. An occasional dessert is OK....love me some ice cream...but it's not one of those things that I salivate over, unlike some of my family folks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.