+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5768Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2691396;
    Guttmutter, I have to admit something. I come to this thread to see if there are any new additions to the Dan saga. I feel bad for it, but they're so interesting.
    I was re-reading the pamphlet about being a host family to get some insight and there was a chart with months across the bottom about an emotional dip that takes place for both student and hosts around this time. It curves back up at about the beginning of next month, so I'm going to trust that chart and hope things regain equalibrium as part of the normal adjustment cycle. I was bouncing it all off my son when I drove him back to college and he thought it was all pretty funny (the chinese food and toothbrush especially). He's going to keep an eye on the facebook and myspace and let me know if anything alarms him. He'll be home a lot over Christmas, so hopefully that will give Dan some guy time. They guffawed over Taledega Nights together Saturday night. On Thanksgiving Dan pointed to the stuffing and said, "What is this?" How would YOU describe it?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2691840;
    I was re-reading the pamphlet about being a host family to get some insight and there was a chart with months across the bottom about an emotional dip that takes place for both student and hosts around this time. It curves back up at about the beginning of next month, so I'm going to trust that chart and hope things regain equalibrium as part of the normal adjustment cycle. I was bouncing it all off my son when I drove him back to college and he thought it was all pretty funny (the chinese food and toothbrush especially). He's going to keep an eye on the facebook and myspace and let me know if anything alarms him. He'll be home a lot over Christmas, so hopefully that will give Dan some guy time. They guffawed over Taledega Nights together Saturday night. On Thanksgiving Dan pointed to the stuffing and said, "What is this?" How would YOU describe it?
    I must have mised the toothbrush incident. Hope things get better.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah....what about the toothbrush? I can't remember it either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope things get better. It's nice that your son's going to keep his eye out too. I'm sure the holidays will change the mood too. Who can't help but get festive?!

As for dressing, that's a good stumper!

MRD

at the stuffing.

It is a stumper, but I've been in other countries where they could not tell me what I was eating either.

Personally, I'd be glad it was stuffing and not haggis. That's a doozy trying to explain.

I guess you could say that stuffing is a dish that is cooked with bread and broth and veggies, then shoved up the turkey's backside. Hmm, maybe haggis IS easier to explain.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mostly bread with broth, spices, butter, and veggies added.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2691892;
    I must have mised the toothbrush incident. Hope things get better.
    I caught him using my electric toothbrush. I'm sure things will get better once we've stunned him with the American Christmas scene.
    Count your blessings!

Wonder how many times he had used it before you caught him??

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2692144;
    I caught him using my electric toothbrush. I'm sure things will get better once we've stunned him with the American Christmas scene.
    oh my goodness! Wow - did it not occur to him that you might have minded him using that?!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2692105;
    at the stuffing.

It is a stumper, but I've been in other countries where they could not tell me what I was eating either.

Personally, I'd be glad it was stuffing and not haggis. That's a doozy trying to explain.

I guess you could say that stuffing is a dish that is cooked with bread and broth and veggies, then shoved up the turkey's backside. Hmm, maybe haggis IS easier to explain.
    Haggis, according to my brother who makes it occasionally, is like American bologna but without the sanitation.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread