+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6571Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2676376;
    Look at what Xerox is doing! You pick out/fill out a card, and they will print it out and send it to one of our troops in the Middle East! I thought this was such a neat idea, I thought I'd share in case anyone is interested. This is not a hoax, and you don't have to give any of your personal info. It only takes a couple of minutes!

Let's Say Thanks
    Great idea.
    Someone sent an address you can send a regular card to a wounded soldier. If anyone is interested in that. But this is very easy.

Recovering American Soldier
    c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
    Washington, D.C. 20307-5001
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

During the first Gulf War AT&T would let you write a letter and they would fax it over to your loved one. It was awesome. Everytime my friends and I would go to the mall I would stop at the AT&T store and tell them I wanted to fax my dad and they'd give me a piece of paper and a private place to write a letter and then fax it. This was back when faxing was still semi new. My dad said it scared the crap out of him the first time he was told he recieved a fax. He said he just knew it was bad news. Of course he was pleasantly suprised to find out that it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2676287;
    On another note, has anyone ever had a garage sale in November?
    People here have them all the time in November, and they do quite well. Of course, "here" is San Diego . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

There were quite a few yards sales here yesterday (Saturday)...but again, I live in Alabama where it doesn't get drastically cold.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

My advice would be to check the Fri. and Sat. classifieds and see how many ads for garage sales there are. Could be surprised that there are several. bargain hunters will brave the cold as I've seen them brave the rain and come when its still dark hoping for a bargain. At our last sale, we had someone with a flashlight looking over the stuff as we put it out and it was still pitch dark and barely 6 am.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2676327;
    MRD years ago I got a call in the middle of the night and when I answered the person said, "The meat is in the skillet." I said, "What?" and they repeated, "The meat is in the skillet." I said, "Ok." and then they said, "Forget it." and hung up on me.
    I had started changing over to my maiden name when I got divorced when I found out someone with the same name was often in the police log, so I decided I didn't want that aggravation and kept the same name as my kids. But I had already put the maiden name on my phone number. We used to get all kinds of weird messages for the other "Gutmutter" including one that said, "It's going down tonight". (Receiving stolen goods was one of her raps).
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How do you go about changing your listing in the telephone book?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If you're asking me, I had to get a new number because I moved out of the house. I'm pretty sure your phone bill has a number for customer service that you could call or look in the phone book under your server's name.
    Count your blessings!

prhoshay: That's a great site. I sent the card with the kitty under the rug! Even though I'm not American, I appreciate the sacrifice the troops are making! I wonder if there is a Canadian site. I'll have to google.!

myrosiedog: I'm sure there is also a Canadian site for sending cards to troops. I guess it's google time for sure
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2678465;
    prhoshay: That's a great site. I sent the card with the kitty under the rug! Even though I'm not American, I appreciate the sacrifice the troops are making! I wonder if there is a Canadian site. I'll have to google.!

myrosiedog: I'm sure there is also a Canadian site for sending cards to troops. I guess it's google time for sure
    Miss Kitty and all other FORT Canadians. In doing some research on WW One for the museum, I found out that the poem, "In Flander's Fields" was written by a Canadian Doctor during a break from surgery. It's such a moving poem and what a great contribution and memorial that he wrote it. And it was almost thrown away.

+ Reply to Thread