+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Just got home from taking the kiddos to the airport - a podunk, cut-rate one in the middle of nowhere at a defunct airforce base. We got a half hour late start because my daughter couldn't find her camera, then we got lost looking for it and had to backtrack 20 min. because my son kept insisting we were on the right road even though the signs all said a completely different route number. Then he told me he hadn't brought his driver's liscence for ID because he figured a college ID would be good enough. Add to all this that I'm driving at night, which I HATE, HATE, HATE. They didn't want me to come in and there was no place to park so I didn't but as soon as I got home I called my Mom to see if they had called and they had (so she wouldn't leave early for the airport on her end if it was delayed), so they're in the air now. My pilot daughter flies stand-by tomorrow. Whew! I need a drink.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2675273;
    Just got home from taking the kiddos to the airport - a podunk, cut-rate one in the middle of nowhere at a defunct airforce base. We got a half hour late start because my daughter couldn't find her camera, then we got lost looking for it and had to backtrack 20 min. because my son kept insisting we were on the right road even though the signs all said a completely different route number. Then he told me he hadn't brought his driver's liscence for ID because he figured a college ID would be good enough. Add to all this that I'm driving at night, which I HATE, HATE, HATE. They didn't want me to come in and there was no place to park so I didn't but as soon as I got home I called my Mom to see if they had called and they had (so she wouldn't leave early for the airport on her end if it was delayed), so they're in the air now. My pilot daughter flies stand-by tomorrow. Whew! I need a drink.

Glad they are finally on their way and you should have had that drink.

Why is it our kids do not have the same sense of urgency that we do? Or just assume that everything is going to work out in their favor (and dang it, it usually does! ) I guess when they finally get to be parents, they'll understand how nerve wracking it is dealing with their own kids.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I did have half a glass of wine and it was just the thing I needed. I'm not advocating drink, because I don't normally, but this was definitely medicinal. Good to wake up this morning and know they're there and that when I have to pick them up next week, I'll have a better idea of where I'm going and won't be in a hurry.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone ever received a 3 digit number on their cell phone caller ID when their phone rings (no phone number at all)? If you have, what is with that?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I did and it was a telemarketer. I had tried to get information online about college courses online and when it got to the part about someone contacting me I backed out. I guess they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2676276;
    Has anyone ever received a 3 digit number on their cell phone caller ID when their phone rings (no phone number at all)? If you have, what is with that?

Never, although I do get the occasional text message that has AOK on it, and then its immediately followed by a message from Tmobile about new specials and junk. Bugs the heck out of me.

On another note, has anyone ever had a garage sale in November? I'm not sure if its a bad idea, or its too cold..we are splitting the household and it would be SO much easier to sell it all and buy over.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

MRD

My husband got a text message (he doesn't text and neither does anyone he deals with, so it was very unusual) late one Sat. night that said: "I got it"

Well we had a lot of fun wondering just what it was they "got".

Sure enough, about 45 min. later the phone rings and its the person that sent the text (that went unanswered) and my husband said it definetly sounded like a teenager and they were SO embarrassed when he told them wrong number.

I've had good luck on yard sales in Nov. especially if they had toys in them. But I also lived in Florida where it was warmer.
    You can always give it a try and see what happens.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a yard sale in November weather permiting. It would be great to have that extra money for Christmas too. I have shopped yard sales in November looking for Christmas decorations.

MRD years ago I got a call in the middle of the night and when I answered the person said, "The meat is in the skillet." I said, "What?" and they repeated, "The meat is in the skillet." I said, "Ok." and then they said, "Forget it." and hung up on me.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2676327;
    Absolutely nothing wrong with a yard sale in November weather permiting. It would be great to have that extra money for Christmas too. I have shopped yard sales in November looking for Christmas decorations.

MRD years ago I got a call in the middle of the night and when I answered the person said, "The meat is in the skillet." I said, "What?" and they repeated, "The meat is in the skillet." I said, "Ok." and then they said, "Forget it." and hung up on me.
    The meat is in the skillet.

I told my husband when he got the text, he should have texted back, "well then, come on over!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Look at what Xerox is doing! You pick out/fill out a card, and they will print it out and send it to one of our troops in the Middle East! I thought this was such a neat idea, I thought I'd share in case anyone is interested. This is not a hoax, and you don't have to give any of your personal info. It only takes a couple of minutes!

Let's Say Thanks
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread