+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5667Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut- Maybe if he eats himself sick he'll learn not to eat like a pig, or you could stick an exlax pill in his mashed potatoes, and watch him go to the bathroom all night long. I'm sorry ignore that last remark that was mean and totally out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2673030;
    Gut- Maybe if he eats himself sick he'll learn not to eat like a pig, or you could stick an exlax pill in his mashed potatoes, and watch him go to the bathroom all night long. I'm sorry ignore that last remark that was mean and totally out of line.
    maybe it was mean, but OH SO FUNNY!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2672907;
    No, clearing the table was his very first time ever helping with anything in the 3 months he's been here. My kids will be in Ohio for thanksgiving and I normally order Chinese (because a full turkey dinner alone is just pathetic), but I think I will go all out this year and let him eat himself sick if he wants to. Then he will have experienced another great American tradition.
    Some of us look forward to preparing a full turkey dinner and dining alone I've been counting it up on my fingers, and I think I've done it at least a dozen times without feeling the least bit pathetic. I await your back-pedaling apology
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I enjoy making a meal like that for myself also. I don't feel pathetic either. I rather enjoy it.

I'm so sorry! I meant for myself. If I made it all and ate by myself while my kids, siblings, mom, nieces, nephews, etc. were all together in Ohio without me, I would wallow in my own pathos. Going the opposite direction and loudly proclaiming to my students that my tradition is Chinese food allows me to celebrate my quirkiness. You would not believe how many students remember that one fact about me even years later.
    Count your blessings!

Wow, am I out of the loop here and I've just spent hours (well, okay maybe 30 minutes ) getting caught up.

Star! to your new home, and I hope by now you're sufficiently settled in enough to know where you can find a hairbrush, a can opener and Little Star's favorite toys.

Gut, it's been quite interesting following along with the Dan Saga. One of my nephews went to France on exchange many years ago, and to reciprocate his family hosted a student from South America (Argentina?). From what I recall it went quite smoothly, so I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems. I admire your sense of humor and how you're being creative in trying various ways to deal with him. I hope something works soon for you because you deserve to have harmony within your home.

MRD, dealing with problems that require city involvement is always a test of patience. Make sure you take plenty of pictures for documentation, preferably date stamped.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

. . . thanksgiving and I normally order Chinese (because a full turkey dinner alone is just pathetic) . . .
    I know it's the wrong holiday, but the above reminds of the Chinese restaurant scene in A Christmas Story after the neighbor's dogs eat the turkey, and Ralphie's family has duck, a.k.a. "Chinese turkey," and the chef lops off the head, and the waitstaff sings "fa-ra-ra-ra-ra, ra-ra-ra-ra"!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I decided that there is nothing better than a new pair of soft, fuzzy slippers.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I pretty much sleep in my knit boots.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2673030;
    But kind of funny. My parents had a friend that worked with the county. His lunch started disappearing (he brought his) and he never could find out who was taking it. He put exlax in something he had in his lunch. After that day, his lunch quit disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2673346;
    I know it's the wrong holiday, but the above reminds of the Chinese restaurant scene in A Christmas Story after the neighbor's dogs eat the turkey, and Ralphie's family has duck, a.k.a. "Chinese turkey," and the chef lops off the head, and the waitstaff sings "fa-ra-ra-ra-ra, ra-ra-ra-ra"!
    I was singing that last night because my daughter wants us to buy the monopoly version of "A Christmas Story"
    I told her if we bought it, I get dibs on the leg lamp token
    Last edited by MRD; 11-17-2007 at 08:05 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread