+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Actually, might be good if he did "accidentally" read them! Of course, he'd just pretend that he hadn't seen anything.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2672110;
    Actually, might be good if he did "accidentally" read them! Of course, he'd just pretend that he hadn't seen anything.
    But you know, someone like that would have NO clue it was even about him. And sounds like if he did, he might not care.

I have a rant. Last spring the city came in and fixed the sewer lines. Well replaced them. At the same time, the fixed a leaking water main that was in the neighbor across the streets yard. It was just a minor leak, but as we are downhill, the water puddled at the end of our driveway. So last week, the main has started leaking again, but now its a lot worse than before. I called the city and of course, they will "look into it".

This morning, the entire street in front of my house and the GINORMOUS puddle at the end of my driveway were frozen. It makes it difficult to manuever not only uphill out of the driveway, but the street also curves there. So backing out uphill on a curve on ice was something to see when everyone left for work this morning.

I'm going to start calling the city daily until this is fixed. You can't even get the mail now unless you are willing to wade to the mailbox. Or ice skate. At least the ice melted when it warmed up a bit this morning. Still its a major pain and a great waste of water.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2671103;
    Another chapter in the strange habits of our exchange student regarding food. (hope I haven't worn out my welcome on this). We got Chinese food tonight. I had my daughter look at the menu and write down what she wanted, then I wrote down what I wanted, then I gave the menu to Dan and had him choose. I added a couple of things for us to share communally like lo mein noodles and ravioli. I called it in and went and got it and we opened it all out on the table and filled our bowls. My daughter and I ate in front of the tv while Dan ate at the computer. When I went in to clean up and pick a little all the food was gone! I asked my daughter loudly where the food was and Dan ran in and said it was in the fridge. Ok, Thanks! I wiped up the table and got out a tupperware container to take my leftovers to school tomorrow. When I went in the fridge to get it, I found that Dan had written his name on the top of EVERY SINGLE box! Mine, daughter's, his, communal, ALL of them! Now come on, let's be serious. I packed mine up as planned and labelled it "Mom's Lunch" (I'll be gone to the Y before he even wakes up). Then I took a ravioli that I really wanted another of and ate it. Then I tuppered up my daughter's food and hid it under some swiss chard in the veggie bin. It seems so obvious, I can't believe I would have to point out that ALL THAT FOOD is not his!!! I paid for it! We each chose what we wanted. WTF!!!???
    I, too, am fascinated by the on-going story of Dan and your food. You've gotten some great advice. May I point out that he cleaned up the food, it must be his!!

Does he normally clean everything up, or was that highly unusual? I'm guessing that it's not normal and he only did it to put his name on all the boxes. Certainly is interesting (albeit irritating) that he thought he could actually write his name on all the cartons and that would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2672142;
    This morning, the entire street in front of my house and the GINORMOUS puddle at the end of my driveway were frozen.
    Frozen? You live waaaaay south of me - how is that possible? What the heck is going on? I'm still wearing the Crocs to work, and not slip sliding at all.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2672306;
    Frozen? You live waaaaay south of me - how is that possible? What the heck is going on? I'm still wearing the Crocs to work, and not slip sliding at all.
    When I got up it was 29 degrees and that was at 6:30.

Day before yesterday we were wearing shorts and it was just gorgeous. Cold front moved through and the high today was only 50.
    I'm also in a higher elevation. We are in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2672493;
    When I got up it was 29 degrees and that was at 6:30.

Day before yesterday we were wearing shorts and it was just gorgeous. Cold front moved through and the high today was only 50.
    I'm also in a higher elevation. We are in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
    Yeah, I guess the elevation is the main culprit. We live down by the lake at the bottom of a reasonably slight incline, and up at the top of the incline(about 20 kilometres north) they always have snow long before us, and long after ours has disappeared. Ahhhh, almost paradise.

We live across the lake from Buffalo (about 50 or 60 kilometres), and for some reason Buffalo is frequently buried in three feet of snow while we're basking in nothing but a minor flurry. Geography is funny that way.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2672630;
    Yeah, I guess the elevation is the main culprit. We live down by the lake at the bottom of a reasonably slight incline, and up at the top of the incline(about 20 kilometres north) they always have snow long before us, and long after ours has disappeared. Ahhhh, almost paradise.

We live across the lake from Buffalo (about 50 or 60 kilometres), and for some reason Buffalo is frequently buried in three feet of snow while we're basking in nothing but a minor flurry. Geography is funny that way.
    Yeah, I'm always hearing about Buffalo's lake effect snow.

I can see the Blue Ridge mountains from here. And in less than 45 min., I can be deep in them. There is a road I take that I swear I will NEVER get tired of the view. You come up over a rise and the town of Greenville is spread out before you (green in sumer, multicolored in fall, we have a LOT of trees) and in the distance are the Blue Ridge Mountains and they really are blue from here. It's one of my favorite drives when I'm going into "town".

I just looked up our elevation and we are about 1100 feet above sea level here.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2672294;
    I, too, am fascinated by the on-going story of Dan and your food. You've gotten some great advice. May I point out that he cleaned up the food, it must be his!!

Does he normally clean everything up, or was that highly unusual? I'm guessing that it's not normal and he only did it to put his name on all the boxes. Certainly is interesting (albeit irritating) that he thought he could actually write his name on all the cartons and that would be ok.
    No, clearing the table was his very first time ever helping with anything in the 3 months he's been here. My kids will be in Ohio for thanksgiving and I normally order Chinese (because a full turkey dinner alone is just pathetic), but I think I will go all out this year and let him eat himself sick if he wants to. Then he will have experienced another great American tradition.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2672907;
    No, clearing the table was his very first time ever helping with anything in the 3 months he's been here. My kids will be in Ohio for thanksgiving and I normally order Chinese (because a full turkey dinner alone is just pathetic), but I think I will go all out this year and let him eat himself sick if he wants to. Then he will have experienced another great American tradition.
    Better buy a ginormous turkey.

When we had our exchange student, I really wanted to show her an American Thanksgiving. All my family came, I cooked for days and she had been out the night before with friends and got so drunk that she threw up all day on Thanksgiving and couldn't eat or even come out of her room. I was enormously ticked off to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2672907;
    It is a teenage boy thing. I'll quote myself from the recipe thread:

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2672272;
    There will be 13 people, essentially all adults as our 15 year old is the youngest and if we let him he would consume all of the dark meat himself at one sitting.

+ Reply to Thread