+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5779Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2669975;
    I just realized that I never commented on MRD's picture. Congrats on the continued weight loss as you can really tell you are being successful at it.
    Thanks Unk, I appreciate it. Things are slowing way down, but as long as the scales continue to go down, I'm not complaining on the time frame. How you doing? Last photo of you, you were looking like a lean, mean Unk machine there.

Well, Superbrat, your mutant tomato can join forces with my mutant azalea. I have ONE azalea plant out of about 10 that is in FULL bloom and its fall and the others have not had a bloom on them since last April. So my yard is full of yellow and red and orange leaves and one bright pink azalea. The color clash is just awful.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got my usual November iris. Every year, I only get 1!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2669985;
    Thanks Unk, I appreciate it. Things are slowing way down, but as long as the scales continue to go down, I'm not complaining on the time frame. How you doing? Last photo of you, you were looking like a lean, mean Unk machine there.
    I've now lost 95.5 lbs, only 4.5 to go. I'm getting there.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2669998;
    Wow Unk, that's WONDERFUL. I'm sure you are feeling pretty good. What an accomplishment. You'll have to post some more pictures soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2669998;
    Wow! That is just phenomenal - I am very happy for you.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Unk and MRD - Congrats to both of y'all! Your pics look phenomenal, and you both deserve MAJOR kudos for being so dedicated and committed! (o.k. - not committed in the "they're coming to take me away, haha" way, but in a good way! )
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

mrd-You look gorgeous.
    Unk-congrats on the weight loss
    Star-Where'd you move to?

Another chapter in the strange habits of our exchange student regarding food. (hope I haven't worn out my welcome on this). We got Chinese food tonight. I had my daughter look at the menu and write down what she wanted, then I wrote down what I wanted, then I gave the menu to Dan and had him choose. I added a couple of things for us to share communally like lo mein noodles and ravioli. I called it in and went and got it and we opened it all out on the table and filled our bowls. My daughter and I ate in front of the tv while Dan ate at the computer. When I went in to clean up and pick a little all the food was gone! I asked my daughter loudly where the food was and Dan ran in and said it was in the fridge. Ok, Thanks! I wiped up the table and got out a tupperware container to take my leftovers to school tomorrow. When I went in the fridge to get it, I found that Dan had written his name on the top of EVERY SINGLE box! Mine, daughter's, his, communal, ALL of them! Now come on, let's be serious. I packed mine up as planned and labelled it "Mom's Lunch" (I'll be gone to the Y before he even wakes up). Then I took a ravioli that I really wanted another of and ate it. Then I tuppered up my daughter's food and hid it under some swiss chard in the veggie bin. It seems so obvious, I can't believe I would have to point out that ALL THAT FOOD is not his!!! I paid for it! We each chose what we wanted. WTF!!!???
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, for one, am fascinated by your on-going saga about Dan! I'm thinking that you are going to have to treat that child like he belongs to you! I vote no more walking on eggshells with him! He needs to lose the impression that your kindness is actually weakness. "Later!" for the dumb stuff!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Gutmutter - I agree with prhoshay - Start a dialogue with him. You need to get it out on the table. I think theres a communication/comprehension failure somewhere here or you're being conned.. Keep us posted.

+ Reply to Thread