+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5864Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Isn't it so frustrating though how sometimes the stuff that you just want to eat a small bit of is so utterly terrible for you and won't do anything to filll you up?

I'm starting to find that especially when I started counting calories.

Sorry, yeah, I wasn't thinking about commercial pizza, I was thinking about the stuff I make at home vs. the chemical components of mass production. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a fussy ole tree-hugging nature girl . I still won't eat that stuff, though.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Oh Rattus, that makes me miss my bread machine! We would always make pizza dough in it and have homemade pizza every weekend! And i could put as much cheese on it as I wanted! Yummy!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2666016;
    I can't remember if I told the story back when he arrived in mid-August about taking him to the grocery store so he could show me what kinds of food he likes. The high school guidance counselor had told me that Thai students have a hard time speaking up for their needs, so I kept reassuring him that whatever he chose I would get. Well he picked out a family size box of coke cans, cookie crisp cereal, double stuffed Oreos, Juicy Fruit gum, Heavenly Hash ice cream... you get the picture. I had a good laugh at myself at that one. What did I expect a (then 15-yr.-old) boy to chose? Healthy food? Then for a while I got instant bowls of Thai noodle meals, but that got too expensive. He does like Ramen noodles for an after school snack, so that's economical at least. He doesn't eat breakfast food. He eats dinner-type food in the morning. Anything leftover or frozen dinners. As skinny as he is I wouldn't be suprised if he has experienced food shortage. He eats hunched over his bowl like an ex-convict.

When I was younger and more able to travel overseas, breakfast in other countries is way different than what we eat. So I know I have to have been born in the wrong country, because I prefer non-tradtional breakfast items to the regular stuff most people eat here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't mind non-traditional foods for breakfast. Many is the day that I had chili for breakfast, and it was just perfect! Sometimes, though, I've just got to have that traditional beef bacon, eggs, and toast for breakfast. Don't care a crap for the pastry-type breakfast, but give me a western omelet, and I'm the easiest, happiest person in the world to get along with!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You guys are making me hungry STOP. When I was a senior in high school I went to Itally on spring vacation and while I was there I learned that breakfast and lunch were small meals, but dinner the meals were huge and I mean huge I left the table with the sudden urge to have someone roll me back to the hotel.
    My husband used to live in Germany and the breakfasts and dinners were small, but the lunches were huge.
    I work with a nurse that was born in Thailand. Let me ask her about their customs and eating habits. That is if you don't mind.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that would be an excellent idea. Maybe she can give some potential insight to Gut's young student's behavior.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would really welcome that Shaybo. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Some examples of Thai meals...

Breakfast
    Joke: rice porridge with pork.
    Kai Jee-o: similar to an omelet.
    Khao Mun Khai: chicken and rice.

Lunch
    Ba-me: egg noodle soup with pork and vegetables.
    Pad Pak: fried vegetables.
    Pad Bai Kha Praew: spicy basil with chicken (pork, shrimp, etc.)

Dinner
    Pad Nhor Mai: Chicken (pork) with bamboo shoots.
    Kaeng Khee-o Whan: green curry with beef.
    Tomyam Kung: spicy lemongrass soup with shrimp.
    Som-Tam: Papaya spicy salad.
    Pla-muk neung ma-nao: steamed squid with lemon and chili.
    Pad Mama: fried noodles with beef and vegetables.

You can never go wrong with rice topped with meat and vegetables.

I got this information from a Thai blog. Unfortunately, FORT rules don't allow for me to link the page. Do a search for 'meals in Thailand'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David I'm reading the menu and my mouth started to water. Yummy

+ Reply to Thread