+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 2544 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455565758596061626364651051555551055 ... LastLast
Like Tree7144Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I haven't eaten much this week and i think it's finally catching up with me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    FROGS?!!! I'm both curious and grossed out! (Would it suck up rodents as well?)
    Frogs gross me out so badly I can't stand it. They are the one creature I scream and run from. I don't mind snakes or spiders as badly as frogs, so yes, I have sucked them into the vacuum.

I would guess you could suck up anything as long as it didn't clog the hose.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

a rodent would probably gnaw it's way out of the paper bag LoisLane.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've got a question. If you get manicures/pedicures, how much do you normally tip your technician?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've got a question. If you get manicures/pedicures, how much do you normally tip your technician?
    I tip 20% of the price of the manicure/pedicure.
    Same for my hairdresser
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I tip 20% of the price of the manicure/pedicure.
    Same for my hairdresser
    That's the standard tip included in the price at our Spa.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    That's the standard tip included in the price at our Spa.
    Hey UncleDavid, do people ever get confused and then add additional tip onto what they think is the standard fee? I don't know that I like the idea of mandatory tipping. Some people may not merit a 20% tip. (The ones who merit more, it's easy to give them a little extra. But if I had so-so service, I'd like the option of leaving less without having to make a big deal about it.)

Oh, and I should probably post this in the Animal Lovers thread, but your Greta is absolutely gorgeous! I show my cat her picture to make him jealous but he doesn't seem to care since he's basically an "It."
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-30-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Hey UncleDavid, do people ever get confused and then add additional tip onto what they think is the standard fee?
    No!

We make a point of alerting every guest to the gratuity when the check is presented. We make certain they know that 17% goes to the service provider and the remaining 3% goes to other staff. Even with the gratuity added the great percentage of guests still leave an additional tip.

I don't know that I like the idea of mandatory tipping. Some people may not merit a 20% tip. (The ones who merit more, it's easy to give them a little extra. But if I had so-so service, I'd like the option of leaving less without having to make a big deal about it.)
    If a guest is unhappy with a service they are welcome to have the auto-gratuity removed or reduced. In fact we encourage it. If the service is not up to par we want to know about it. We are EXTREMELY service orientated.

If we didn't include the gratuity we would have to raise the price and simply pay the service provider the same amount. However, by calling it a gratuity the guest is given the option of asking for it to change. In a town like Vegas it is amazing 'included' gratuities aren't standard in more venues, particularly restaurants.

Las Vegas has a significant number of visitors from around the world. Other countries, like Canada, have a different 'standard' tip. Even though they know the 'standard' tip here is different they insist on tipping based on their normal practice. Unfortunately, our government taxes food servers based on OUR standard tipping practice. With that, servers are losing twice. They receive less tip, and therefore less take home pay, and then have the added insult of paying taxes on money they didn't receive. (needless to say these visitors are not well received by the staff )

Oh, and I should probably post this in the Animal Lovers thread, but your Greta is absolutely gorgeous! I show my cat her picture to make him jealous but he doesn't seem to care since he's basically an "It."
    Sweet little Greta and her sister Ella are soon to become 'its' also. I think they'll stay just as cute though.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Uncle David, that actually makes a lot of sense. And you're right--tourists from other countries often don't know tipping customs 'cause they may come from places where the tip is automatically included or where tips aren't the norm (and hopefully the employees are paid enough to survive just fine).

(and hopefully the employees are paid enough to survive just fine).
    Oddly enough that's not the case.

Massage therapists receive no remuneration from the Spa. Their sole source of income is the tips they receive. The reason they receive no hourly wage is because, based on ‘standard’ tip practices, they are expected to receive a given weekly income.

Food servers in high-end restaurants receive minimum wage or less. And often no health benefits. This is because they are expected to attain a certain income level based on ‘standard’ tip practices.

As long as the 'visitors' who refuse to or don't know to tip in a certain percentage range are in low numbers it's just an annoyance to the unlucky few. If, however, the number of foreign visitors increases to an unacceptable level you can be certain included tips will follow, and the service will fall to the level of the countries where the service is included.

+ Reply to Thread