+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4457Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I despise the Radio City Music Hall commercials.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I now smell like sesame seed oil. The little packet that came with my rice noodle bowl kind of exploded in my face when I opened it lol. It was cold, so now my chin smells like the oil. Could have been worse, I suppose. It could have been fish sauce.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Superbrat: Yes, I also think it's better than fish sauce!

Last night I was looking forward to a really nice hot bath. I ran the water, got in, and froze! Yikes! That hot water was only lukewarm. I waited 10 minutes and tried again and it just wasn't hot. So I had to get out and put on a warm bathrobe and check the thermostat on my water heater. It was only set just above warm! I re-set it to HIGH and finally got to have my nice hot bath. But I can't get anyone to admit they mucked with my thermostat!

(I know it was my mother...she does things like that to drive me crazy )

Today I got a note from the gas company that they are going to have to inspect my meter location downstairs in order to put a gas meter on the outside of the house in the spring. YAY. The way it works now, is they have to go door to door and hope to catch you home. If they don't read your meter, they just estimate what you used, and it's usually all over the place.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Well I guess the radio station playing Christmas music got complaints as its back to its regular format for now. We have a dearth of radio stations here that are enjoyable. There is one classic rock station that is GREAT. Best CR station I've ever heard, but they have the John Boy and Billy Big show in the mornings which I can't STAND, so I listen to the other station which is a kind of lite rock station, but they were playing Christmas music. My other choices are about 5 Christian stations and 3 country stations and NPR. So I've been listening to a lot more NPR lately. I'm just glad the lite rock station has dropped the Christmas music for now.

I LOVE Christmas and I love to decorate and I love Christmas music, but I'm definetly not ready for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. One month of Christmas is good. Make it too long and too much a good thing can start to be bad.

I got the new Kraft magazine in the mail yesterday and it has some great Christmas cookie recipes that I'm going to try this year. I am looking forward to Christmas, but I can definetly wait a couple more weeks for it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2655954;

I got the new Kraft magazine in the mail yesterday and it has some great Christmas cookie recipes that I'm going to try this year. I am looking forward to Christmas, but I can definetly wait a couple more weeks for it.
    I LOVE the Kraft magazines!! Now I can't wait to get home and check the mail....and start planning my Christmas baking!
    Don't let the small things sweat

CCL

Spoose, Myrosiedog...will you be needing my address in order to send me some cookies?
    I think there should be a law against radio stations playing Christmas songs until December 1st. Then again, I've been known to sing Christmas songs in July, so who am I to talk?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I have never really been one to make cookies. My twin always was the cookie girl. I make the cakes and pies and squares and such. With the exception of biscotti. Does that count as a cookie?

I have to make a mention about the lil kurfuffle our Canadian dollar is making. Now that it has surpassed the US Dollar, hockey players want to be paid in Canadian funds, models want to be paid in Euros, and the Chinese are buying up the Canuck Buck too! All I have to say is what goes up, must come down. Luckily, this doesn't affect me at all. I have no money.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2656243;
    Spoose, Myrosiedog...will you be needing my address in order to send me some cookies?
    I think there should be a law against radio stations playing Christmas songs until December 1st. Then again, I've been known to sing Christmas songs in July, so who am I to talk?
    Sure, no problem as I am not supposed to be eating them, but I want to bake them, so I'll need tasters.

CCL, love your avatar. After spending all day at the museum getting ready for the 1940's USO dance tomorrow, I'm really into the 40's glamor look.
    I have a good idea for my own hairdo and I hope I can make it work. I have a great vintage dress and found an old pair of my mom's gloves and some old costume jewelry of my grandmothers and I borrowed a pair of shoes, so I'm all set I think. The hair thing is all that's bothering me.
    We spent the day hanging up enlargements of old WWII photos, making centerpieces (using helmet liners and camoflage net and flowers). We are scattering copies of old WWII ration stamps on the tables along with hersey bars (those were always in the soldiers rations and red cross packages). We have our flags and bunting up. Tomorrow will be setting up the buffett and bar and other last min. things.
    And we have an "expert" helping us that is a humongeous pain in the rear. As we are going for a 1940's theme, we have service flags from the Army, Marines, Navy and Coast Guard. Mr. Expert wanted to know where the Air Force was. Well, the air force was part of the Army until after the war when it became its own branch. I was trying to hard not to laugh as this was explained to him, because he had spent the morning lecturing us on stuff instead of actually helping do anything useful and then to find out something he should have known was my own private little joke. Fortunately he is giving a lecture tomorrow night and can't attend the dance. I hope his lecture is more accurate than he showed himself to be today.
    Last edited by MRD; 11-08-2007 at 05:18 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2656891;
    Sure, no problem as I am not supposed to be eating them, but I want to bake them, so I'll need tasters.
    Mmm...tasting cookies would be a tough job, but I'd be up to it!

misskitty - I would think biscotti counted as a cookie. Cute avatar, by the way.
    I don't know about the Canadian dollar going down. It seems they set a target and it keeps surpassing it. They said it might hit 1.05 US by the end of the year and it was already trading at 1.10 this week. But while it has been going gangbusters against the American dollar it hasn't risen up as much against other foreign currency.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thanks CCL! My av will change tonight.

myrosiedog: Wow, that sounds like a fabulous dance! I love the old styles of the 40's and and 30's. Is there a costume shop that has some wigs that would work? Halloween is over, so their stock should be full. OR, get some fake extensions from the Dollar store, curl them, and tie a ribbon around your hair. (I'm not much help am I )

+ Reply to Thread