+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I wonder why you can't send lottery tickets through the mail.

well, shoot. that is half my christmas presents.
    we send the brothers lottery tickets.

of course, it is 'small' amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2648496;
    I saw my first Xmas commercial from Macy's today. It was packed with celebs. Im so turned off.
    Holiday cards have been on display at Barnes & Noble since last week.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My brother pointed out to me the holiday decoration chain extending from one Traffic light to the one on across the street from it. Oy! Stop this madness!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2649851;
    I wonder why you can't send lottery tickets through the mail.
    Probably something to do with gambling laws. Each state has different laws and some still don't allow the lottery, so its probably got something to do with that. I'm assuming anyway.

You're also not supposed to send cigerettes through the mail too which has to do with cig taxes, I'm sure.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was actually pleasantly surprised that I didn't see Christmas displays up at Walmart until just this past week. I remember in recent years past that Christmas items were being displayed as early as September (trying to put the omg emoticon here but the "more" feature isn't working for me for some reason). Any holiday displays before Halloween is over is too early. I don't mind seeing it in November, I think that's just the right time (but I love Christmas decorations so that's probably why I don't mind seeing them before Thanksgiving although I don't put my own up until after Thanksgiving).

But I agree with myrosiedog, I hate it when Christmas music is played the whole month of November. We have a station like that here too but this year I think they realized the backlash and have now switched to "weekend previews" instead of doing the whole month. I hope they wait until December before going full steam ahead.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 11-06-2007 at 11:10 AM.

Were it not for bending to the will of my piano teacher, I would skip all Christmas music until about December 20th.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I wouldn't mind early decorations if I could still find what I need now. I am a huge procrastinator. I understand that some people like to plan in advance what decorations they're going to put out and thats great. They deserve to be able to buy the things they're going to need. But I get ticked off when I can't find decent Halloween candy or costumes the week of Halloween because its already been switched over to Christmas decorations. And my kids Christmas stockings don't get filled with peppermints and a chocolate santa. My kids get little heart shaped boxes of chocolate. And instead of a candy cane shaped tube of red and green M&Ms theirs are pink and red with a little stuffed bear on top holding a pillow that says, "Happy Vanlentines". For Valentines I give the kids the only red and gold wrapped candy thats left on the shelves, which means its something no one wanted, and some Cadbury creme eggs. And if I don't get a bathing suit during the after Easter sale then forget being able to buy one in July. By then the fall fashions are out.
    That is why I am against early decorations. I can never find what I need for the current occasion.

I have to edit to rant about the Christmas music. I don't really mind the music early. I know I can flip to another channel or enjoy it on occasion. I get mad when they stop playing at noon on Christmas day. Thats when you need Christmas music the most. On Christmas Day!!! Why would they shove it down our throats for two months only to stop it the day we need it??
    Last edited by CantGetNuf; 11-06-2007 at 07:40 PM.

I hate to bring this up, but this year I know there will be more politically-correct "Holiday"displays, "Holiday" songs, "Happy Holiday" wishes, and "Holiday" cards. I think that was a whole entire thread at one time.

I just wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was singing CHRISTMAS carols today while doing the dishes. I love Christmas. I don't like that it comes so early to all of the retailers because I love the season and would rather it be compressed into one beautiful sparkling month. But bring it on!!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread