+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9391Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Help! My sister requested a certain kind of vanilla from Mexico which I can get through a catalog. Can you send liquid through the mail? I tried to find out at the USPS site but couldn't find anything. I seem to remember seeing it posted at the post office in the list of restricted things. Does anyone know? I'd call the post office, but it's Sunday. I could just have them send it to her house, but that spoils the fun of wrapping it, etc.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter,

I've sent wine in the mail before from wine.com, so I assume that you can do it. I think you probably just have to declare it so they can put the appropriate stickers on it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Looks like I must have sent my wine through UPS. Here are the USPS guidelines that I found:

Keep the Mail Safe: Hazardous and Restricted Materials
    Some things cannot be mailed or can be mailed only in small quantities for safety and legal reasons. Some items have restrictions on how they can be mailed, including:

* Aerosol cans
    * Firearms
    * Flammable materials
    * Liquids and powders
    * Lottery Tickets
    * Poisons

Some items, however, are not permitted in the mail, including:

* Alcoholic beverages
    * Ammunition
    * Drug paraphernalia
    * Fireworks and other explosives
    So it looks like you can mail liquids, there are just restrictions on how to mail it. You'll definitely need to talk to someone at the post office.

A Customer's Guide to Mailing
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer,

Wine.com may have shipped by USPS. Companies can fall into a category of authorized shippers of alcoholic beverages. Individuals can't ship alcohol through the Postal Service legally. Here is a link to the long USPS publication regarding shipping if you want to wade through it Gut. I think it depends on whether vanilla is flammable:

USPS - Pub. 52, Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Mail (Text)
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Thanks! It just occured to me that vanilla is alcohol and I know you can't send alcohol through the mail because I was in line once behind a woman who had to unpack her box, take out the alcohol, and pack it back up again. Of course she didn't step aside to do it. I'll just have the company mail it to her and send a card with the picture of it inside.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2646418;
    Ahhh, the 'benefits' of celebrating Thanksgiving in October...free reign for the decorating nuts to deck out the Christmas bells as soon as Halloween strikes midnight. I woke up to Jingle Bell Rock on the radio on November 1st--and almost fell out of bed. It comes faster every year .
    I agree Spoose. Done with Thanksgiving, Halloween, and on to Christmas! I usually like getting it all out there by Nov. 15th. Particularly if it's getting really cold outside!

Guttmutter: I never though one could send anything liquid throug the mail like vanilla or wine. Who knew? I hope you all figure out how it works. I imagine Canada has different regulations.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2647233;
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2646418;
    Ahhh, the 'benefits' of celebrating Thanksgiving in October...free reign for the decorating nuts to deck out the Christmas bells as soon as Halloween strikes midnight. I woke up to Jingle Bell Rock on the radio on November 1st--and almost fell out of bed. It comes faster every year .

I agree Spoose. Done with Thanksgiving, Halloween, and on to Christmas! I usually like getting it all out there by Nov. 15th. Particularly if it's getting really cold outside!
    It's nice to have Thanksgiving in October. I love it because that means when it's done, then Halloween comes and we can focus on it for a week, then it's on to prepping for Christmas, which I absolutely love!
    But I still think it's getting too early every year for the frenzy to stat. I think it should wait until after Remeberance weekend/day.

I saw my first Xmas commercial from Macy's today. It was packed with celebs. Im so turned off.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2648496;
    I saw my first Xmas commercial from Macy's today. It was packed with celebs. Im so turned off.
    I've seen that one also.. SHEESH

MRD

The signs I've seen in the post office say that you can't mail alcohol, bleach, or anything corresive or explosive.
    If a company is shipping vanilla which indeed has a lot of alcohol, they must have their own procedures with a shipping company so I would just let them as you said. I know its more fun to wrap and give the gift yourself.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread