+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6792Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2642411;

Also: I have no idea how they do this:
    TYPE in a command and see what happens...sit, rollover,down, stand, sing, dance, shake, fetch, beg, run play dead etc. and...it's also very cute if you type in a command that's not recognized...!!

Make sure you type in "Kiss" too, but do it last.

I Do Dog Tricks
    Seen it! He is too cute!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kid you not, tonight I saw my first yard fully decorated for Christmas....and I mean heavily decorated with tons of white lights! Why are people so ridiculous?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't like Christmas. But i reckon people bask in their own ridiculousness because they know that others wont give them crap for it due to the nature of the season.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Well not surprising, since CVS/Pharmacy has has the Christmas Stuff out for two weeks now.

I wish we could at least have a Thanksgiving between Halloween and Christmas decorations.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2646273;
    I wish we could at least have a Thanksgiving between Halloween and Christmas decorations.
    Ahhh, the 'benefits' of celebrating Thanksgiving in October...free reign for the decorating nuts to deck out the Christmas bells as soon as Halloween strikes midnight. I woke up to Jingle Bell Rock on the radio on November 1st--and almost fell out of bed. It comes faster every year .
    Don't let the small things sweat

I've seen that lights are put up downtown, but they won't be lit until late November (I hope). In the papers there are commercials for Christmas dinners at restaurants, but most of them don't start serving also until late November. Personally I prefer to wait with Christmas until after my birthday (Nov. 15) and usually I don't have to deal with Christmas until after the birthday, but Christmas does seem to come earlier and earlier every year.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2646194;
    I kid you not, tonight I saw my first yard fully decorated for Christmas....and I mean heavily decorated with tons of white lights! Why are people so ridiculous?
    One of the local radio stations switched formats to all Christmas music at midnight on Oct 31.

It's really ticked me off as its my "alternate" station when my number one station is talking or having commercials. I refuse to listen to it that early.

Nov. 1 is MUCH too early for Christmas music.

I guess Thanksgiving is now not its own holiday but part of Christmas now.

We don't put up decorations until after Thanksgiving. Usually that long weekend after. I just dont' want to dust my Christmas tree before the holiday so I refuse to do it earlier. Besides, I like the autumn atmosphere of Thanksgiving. My mom refused to put up her decorations until Dec. 15, so matter how much I used to whine or beg.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When I was a kid, Christmas stuff didn't start until Santa arrived on his float at the Thanksgiving Day parade. That's when the Christmas decorations came out and the music started. They rush the season entirely too much now. It's all because businesses want to make more money. Forget about what Christmas is really about - let's just make more money!

I know what you mean. Stores were having sales here Friday that they were calling the new Black Friday. It was even a news worthy event. I love Christmas and am already planning decorations, but it is way too early to put them up.

+ Reply to Thread