+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6765Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2628790;
    You're in good company - I have AT&T (formerly Cingular) - you know - "less dropped calls" - Yeah - When you can get a signal...
    This is one of my biggest peeves. I have ATT/Cingular, but when the contracts are up (I've got 3), I think I'm switching. I can be within 300 feet of a cell tower and the calls just go *poof*. I get no reception in my parents' house either, but when sis pops by, her T-Mobile has a strong signal. It's infuriating.

anemone!

Yes, those cardboard clothing boxes are wonderful for moving clothes on hangers! I have always kept the metal bars and folded up the cardboard, stored it, and used them over again. And I dump several pairs of shoes in bags in the bottoms too. Well worth the investment.

In regards to the fires in California, see my post in CE.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...wildfires.html

myrosiedog: Now that you have been on tv, are you being followed by the paparazzi?

My heart goes out to my sweetie and everyone who lives in Cowtown; it was about 75 degrees yesterday afternoon and by suppertime, the temp. dropped and it SNOWED 3cm. . Our weather was similar except for the white stuff

Which leads me into my pet peeve: weather forecasters who really, really, really get it wrong!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2628790;
    You're in good company - I have AT&T (formerly Cingular) - you know - "less dropped calls" - Yeah - When you can get a signal...
    My mom called them this morning and surprisingly, i had someone knocking on the door at 1pm(they had a 5 hour window starting with that hour), they fixed the problem but created another one: they left a hole in the wall. When my mom tried to cover it at least for the night, the phone malfunctioned again(the wires are involved). We'll have to do something i guess.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2629515;

myrosiedog: Now that you have been on tv, are you being followed by the paparazzi?

Nah, I still have 14 min. and 58 seconds of my 15 min. of fame left.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2630739;
    Nah, I still have 14 min. and 58 seconds of my 15 min. of fame left.
    You're very lucky. Nearly two months after being interviewed because I live across the street from the letter bomber, I still get the occasional person saying "oh, I saw you on tv a while ago". Wouldn't bug me so much if I had looked good, or at least better than terrible, but I didn't. It's disheartening knowing how many people have seen me standing in the door of my untidy house looking like the world's laziest scrubwoman.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Pet Peeves:
    - Not having my 15 minutes of fame.
    - Having to wear a Parka today because it was so cold.
    - Forgetting to take mittens with me.
    - Having my seatbelt connector break so I'm driving with it laying across me but not belted in. (Could get ticket or get hurt)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2630885;
    You're very lucky. Nearly two months after being interviewed because I live across the street from the letter bomber, I still get the occasional person saying "oh, I saw you on tv a while ago". Wouldn't bug me so much if I had looked good, or at least better than terrible, but I didn't. It's disheartening knowing how many people have seen me standing in the door of my untidy house looking like the world's laziest scrubwoman.
    Don't you know the first rule of tv news is never to interview anyone who looks ready to go on the air?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

My daughter left this morning to go on a trip so hubby and I are going to go to a free production of the local Shakespear company's Legend of Sleepy Hollow (yes, I know that's not Shakespear, but Washington Irving, but it's their company, so I guess they decide what to put on) tonight.
    Should be fun as it's downtown and just about every resturant/grill/pub is having Halloween costume contests, so I'm sure it will be a very busy night downtown and lots of costumed people. Sat. nights hop downtown anyway even when there is nothing going on, so this should be interesting.
    And it's finally fall here. The weather turned chilly yesterday. Not too bad, but perfect fall weather.
    I can't wait to go. Can you tell I've been cooped up too much lately or just been with my daughter a little too much lately?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The volunteer tutoring is going pretty well, though it is draining. I'd asked to tutor girls since I've been stuck with a boy in my life for the past 22 years. Thought is would be a nice change. Of course, I found out that you get a little bit of everybody when you do these things, which is OK, too. The girls are funny. They scrutinize every inch of your appearance. "Are your nails real?", "You got your hair done, didn't you....I can tell!", "Those shoes are cute!" and we had the bra discussion that I talked about in another thread. I get my nails done every 2 weeks and, yesterday, was my day. I didn't really feel like going, but did it for my girls. They are mostly 3rd-4th graders, but I see they are taking "girl notes" already! Gotta stay on my pedicured toes with this bunch!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wasn't sure where to put this, and I couldn't find the interesting things on the web thread, so forgive me.

Here is a cute site where the words to traditional songs are changed for Halloween. It would be great fun to sing these while carving pumpkins, decorating the house, or during a party!

Silly Halloween Songs: Silly Halloween Songs! Pass them on!

-Shivery Yells
    (to the tune of SILVER BELLS)

-Pumpkin Bells
    (to the tune of JINGLE BELLS)

-Deck The Patch"
    ( to the tune of DECK THE HALLS)

-I'm Dreaming Of The Great Pumpkin
    (to the tune of WHITE CHRISTMAS)

Here is another interesting site from In Style Magazine. You can determine your perfect hair cut by logging on to Hollywood Hair Virtual Makeover - Try On Celebrity Hairstyles at InStyle.com - Trends - In Style to see how you would look with celebrity hairstyles. Just upload your photo and start clicking. There are more than 100 different looks you can play with!

(Mods feel free to move to interesting websites thread as well)
    Last edited by roseskid; 10-29-2007 at 05:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread