+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'll call and check at school. In my day, I only took the ACT. (with no prep classes) But my dinosaur got me there in record time!
    You guys are still making me roll.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2621689;
    I love to come in here and catch up on whats going on in everyone's lives when I've not been around for awhile.

I'm moving in just a few weeks and I'm starting to get in panic mode. I don't know how I'm going to get everything done in time. I should really be packing this moment, but I'm so freaking tired, I can't bring myself to get up and do it. This is the biggest move I've ever made (about 1300 miles ), so I'm sort of learning on the fly all the things that are involved. I'm used to just throwing things in a laundry basket or garbage bag so I can make a 20 mile trip.
    Good luck with your move, Star! Wow - 1300 miles is HUGE! I remember doing laundry-basket/garbage bag kind of moves, too - but this one definitely sounds heavy-duty - no wonder you are tired! Remember to take time to care for yourself in the midst of all of the madness!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Good luck with your move, Stargazer!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Star, I wondered where you were hiding. You know you're making a drastic life change when a move takes more than two trashbags and a laundry basket. I'm so happy for you and look forward to hearing how you and your little one get settled into your new digs.

Mariner, wow, you really blew through those last 20 cans, didn't you? So what are you going to do with all that open space in your pantry, or are you already perusing the newspaper specials for the next blow-out sale of broth.

I hope my fellow Southern Californians are all safe and sound from the wildfires that are once again raging here. I lived in a beautiful canyon area years ago, and one mandatory evacuation due to fire was all I needed to get the hell out of there. There is nothing anyone could offer me to live in Malibu. We're in no danger (and most likely won't be) but damn, we've got a thick layer of silt/dirt absolutely everywhere from the high winds yesterday. In light of others' troubles, though, it's nothing more than a bother.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I hope my fellow Southern Californians are all safe and sound from the wildfires that are once again raging here.
    So far I'm safe. We're pretty far west (just a couple blocks east of I-5), but there's some dry brush in canyons a few blocks away and alongside the freeway -- so we're prepared, like in Oct. '03, just in case. We have a lot of that fine ash that makes breathing kind of difficult, and no air conditioning in my apartment. But given what other people are dealing with, I can't complain.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

You're probably getting fire coverage on every channel like we are, and good Lord, there are fires everywhere. The husband of a friend of mine is a copilot on a water-dropping helicopter so I'm going to give her a call to see how he's doing. The folks who in any way help with combating these fires have to be taxed to the limit and exhausted already and there's no end in sight.

My daughter's best friend goes to UCSD and she just called to tell me they've cancelled classes due to the fires. She doesn't live on campus which so far is safe, but is being evacuated where she lives. However, her evacuation site is full to capacity, so she and her friends are unsure where to go. Anyway, I'm going to see what I can find out for her. These poor, poor people.
    Last edited by roseskid; 10-22-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

UCSD campus is okay -- and the latest weather report (John Coleman, weather god) said that a west-bound wind is beginning from the La Jolla shore area. The reason UCSD classes were cancelled was because so many of the faculty and students come from the evacuated areas. They're saying that areas west of I-805 should remain okay, as that bit of onshore flow will help the fire-fighting efforts, but it's still a mess in so many places. It would be great if UCSD could be an evacuation site (classrooms, lecture halls, anyplace big and indoors) for UCSD staff and students, because it looks like it'll remain safe, and although the air sucks, it doesn't suck as bad as most places around here.

I hope all of you SoCal folks stay out of harms way.
    Star best of luck to you as you start a new chapter in your life.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who are affected by these wildfires.

Thanks so much! The spirit of our city/county (San Diego) has been amazing, and the volunteers are awesome beyond belief. If you just look at Qualcomm Stadium (one of the main evacuation centers), it's a total 180º difference from the Superdome during Katrina -- very clean, very organized, very safe -- and without days and days of warning of a storm that everyone knew would happen! I'm very lucky that hubby and I live in one of the few neighborhoods that hasn't had to be evacuated -- but if that happens, I'm prepared, and know we'll be in good hands.

Please keep my tutoring clients in your positive thoughts / prayers / crossed fingers -- all of the families I work with live in neighborhoods that were evacuated yesterday. We're hoping that they can go home soon, and that they'll have homes to return to.

+ Reply to Thread