+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6247Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The PSAT is the Practice SAT that Juniors in high school usually take in order to prepare them for the real thing when they are Seniors. The HS should have a schedule of testing sites and times for both the PSAT and the SAT. Call the office and ask if your child is like mine and won't find out on it's own.

Back when I rode dinosaurs to school we didn't do PSAT's. We just had to take the real thing without a lot of prep work. Even my HS teachers didn't do a lot with us or have special classes like they do now to help prepare the kids.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2620876;
    He's home from the PSATs. He said they were hard. Well, DUH! I didn't expect they would be easy! We don't get results until December. I thought that was all computerized. What on earth takes so long?
    It's because the PSAT is only administered once a year, so pretty much all juniors and many sophomores across the nation are taking it at the same time. Scores probably take longer to process (unlike with the SAT, which has several dates during the year). Not that I'm defending the College Board or anything...

Anyway, I took it today too. It was tricky at some points, but I think I did pretty well. The worst part about tests, after dissecting every question with your friends, is always waiting for the results.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Back when I rode dinosaurs to school
    Thanks for the laugh and the visual.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2621175;
    Thanks for the laugh and the visual.
    If you want a better visual, go look in Fort Cribs for Newf's house photo. He apparantly even had a garage for his dino.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2621040;
    The PSAT is the Practice SAT that Juniors in high school usually take in order to prepare them for the real thing when they are Seniors. The HS should have a schedule of testing sites and times for both the PSAT and the SAT. Call the office and ask if your child is like mine and won't find out on it's own.

Back when I rode dinosaurs to school we didn't do PSAT's. We just had to take the real thing without a lot of prep work. Even my HS teachers didn't do a lot with us or have special classes like they do now to help prepare the kids.

Oh. The PSAT may be what he was referring too when he came home one day and mournfully said, "Mom, it's too late for me to take the SAT. I guess I won't be going to college afterall" I raised my eyebrow's at that one. Although he did tell me he wants to be a music teacher or band director, so I don't think he entirely has given up college. Oh yeah, and then mentioned the army. "Mom, they have the marching band in the army, and you don't actually have to go to war"

I'll call and check at school. In my day, I only took the ACT. (with no prep classes) But my dinosaur got me there in record time!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'm nearing the end of a weekend visit from my mom. She has found a friend who has a rich daughter in Connecticut so they drive there first and get wined and dined,then my mom comes here and has to make do with my son's lumpy bed and my non-existant housekeeping skills. Then she goes back and gets wined and dined again for a few more days and they drive back to Ohio. Both of my adult children came for the weekend, so we were all here together. That was fun. Now she's at my ex's who found some granite for my dad's tombstone at a defunct quarry. She still thinks the sun rises and sets around him. Whatever.
    Count your blessings!

I love to come in here and catch up on whats going on in everyone's lives when I've not been around for awhile.

I'm moving in just a few weeks and I'm starting to get in panic mode. I don't know how I'm going to get everything done in time. I should really be packing this moment, but I'm so freaking tired, I can't bring myself to get up and do it. This is the biggest move I've ever made (about 1300 miles ), so I'm sort of learning on the fly all the things that are involved. I'm used to just throwing things in a laundry basket or garbage bag so I can make a 20 mile trip.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2621040;

I'm about your same age myrosiedog and the PSAT was available at my school. It is more than just a practice test. It is what qualifies you for National Merit Scholarships. It is just practice in the sense that it doesn't make a difference for college admissions.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whoa!!! You're finally down to 8 cans of chicken broth!! I guess things just won't be the same when they're gone, huh? I swear, if I had had as many cans as you had, I would have had to turn the cans into a coffee table or something.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2621785;
    Whoa!!! You're finally down to 8 cans of chicken broth!! I guess things just won't be the same when they're gone, huh? I swear, if I had had as many cans as you had, I would have had to turn the cans into a coffee table or something.
    Actually, I am now chicken broth free after making paella and a chicken soup with roasted vegetables recipe that I posted in the recipe thread before. 72 cans used in less than a year. Whoo hoo! I'll have to update my location. We'll see how long this lasts.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread