+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6154Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Often the aftermath of digestive problems (which continues the problems) is that the good bacteria go out of whack, so taking some sort of probiotic can be helpful. I've never noticed much of a difference with Activia, but the product that works for me is Danactive (I think it contains higher levels of probiotics), which I've been using for years.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kefir is another good product if you can find it. Sort of a drinkable yogurt. Of course they have all kinds of drinkable yogurts now in the yogurt section which is probably why our store stopped carrying kefir.
    Count your blessings!

I bought Activia when it first came out as there was a really good coupon for it. I don't recall it being any different than other yogurts with active cultures.

Ellen's comments about the good bacteria is a good point. An overactive digestive system can wash them out and a strong antibiotic taken for any infection elsewhere in the body can kill them off. Eating yogurt with live active cultures is important.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

I got some activia today and will give it a try. Someone also told me to drink buttermilk with active cultures.

Interestingly enough, I was doubled over in pain today and also knew my blood sugar was getting out of whack. I ate the yogurt and the stomach pain went away. So I'm wondering what the heck is going on that eating has seemed to kill the pain. But it worked twice. So I'm guessing now that if my stomach is cramping that maybe it needs food in it? I don't know. I just know I'm sick of this!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog: I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having so much trouble with your IBS. That must be very frustrating indeed! . I hope you find even small things that help you out. As a suggestion, could you possibly try some accupuncture? I know they sometimes can help with a lot of organ problems.

My question today seems a bit mundane, but does anyone have a great idea of how to hang/store winter scarves? I have several, of different lengths and weights, and whenever I try to get one, the others all fall off the hanger.

Last edited by misskitty; 10-11-2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

You could use one of those revolving tie racks . That might help. I am happy to say I have no need for winter scarves anymore .

I have a lot of winter scarves, chiffon scarves, and shawls. The winter scarves we hang on pegs inside the side door we use almost exclusively. The dress scarves are folded on my chest of drawers in my bedroom and the shawls are folded on a shelf.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd bet if you went to one of those closet organizer stores that they would have the exact thing that you needed for hanging the scarves...or at least, you could get an idea on how to make one. Personally, I think I'd prefer to put mine someplace flat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rub the scarves on your cats. The resultant static will enable you to stick the scarves to the wall. Science triumphs once again!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You forgot about the band-aids you will need when the cats decide to whip your behind after you do that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread