+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

So.. I haven't been able to post in a while. We are currently in the middle of trying to sell our house because I found one that is just perfect for us.
    We have an accepted offer on the other house but no offers yet on our house (to be fair it's only been on the market since Thursday)
    I feel a little sorry for the owner of the other home since she seems to have gotten some really bad advice from her real estate agent.... 2 days after she accepted our offer to purchase her house (on condition that we sell our's) she dropped the asking price on her house!? Her new starting price is almost our offer price - so she has almost no chance of getting what we have already offered her. We are trading up so first time buyers are not flocking to see her property.
    We are hoping to get an offer on our house soon (in our city's hot market it's a matter of days/weeks to sell a house) We may just let the offer expire and make her a lower offer with no conditions.

OMg this real estate thing is stressful!! I've spent the past week getting our house ready - doing all the little things that I've been putting off. Not to mention a major project like mucking out the basement, de-personalizing, de-cluttering and so on. I'm glad to have so many seasons of Sell This House under my belt!
    Now Thanksgiving is this weekend and I have to get ready for that.. I'm missing my FORTiness!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2594035;
    Has anyone here heard of Parkour? One of the contestants on Survivor China is a parkour athlete so I looked it up on youtube and it is amazing! Sort of like Xtreme skateboarding only on foot - climbing up the sides of buildings, leaping over things, jumping from heights. Check it out. There are dozens of clips. Very cool. I had never heard of it before.
    I've heard of it as "parcours" or "free running." It looks like fun in a crazy sort of asking-to-break-a-leg sort of way. If I were younger . . . uh . . . nah!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2596370;
    So.. I haven't been able to post in a while. We are currently in the middle of trying to sell our house because I found one that is just perfect for us.
    We have an accepted offer on the other house but no offers yet on our house (to be fair it's only been on the market since Thursday)
    I feel a little sorry for the owner of the other home since she seems to have gotten some really bad advice from her real estate agent.... 2 days after she accepted our offer to purchase her house (on condition that we sell our's) she dropped the asking price on her house!? Her new starting price is almost our offer price - so she has almost no chance of getting what we have already offered her. We are trading up so first time buyers are not flocking to see her property.
    We are hoping to get an offer on our house soon (in our city's hot market it's a matter of days/weeks to sell a house) We may just let the offer expire and make her a lower offer with no conditions.

OMg this real estate thing is stressful!! I've spent the past week getting our house ready - doing all the little things that I've been putting off. Not to mention a major project like mucking out the basement, de-personalizing, de-cluttering and so on. I'm glad to have so many seasons of Sell This House under my belt!
    Now Thanksgiving is this weekend and I have to get ready for that.. I'm missing my FORTiness!!
    Sounds like the market is almost as bad as ours. However, if it's anything like ours, it'll sell FAST! Hopefully you enjoy your Thanksgiving as much as I will be.

MRD

Activia Yogurt

Anyone here tried Activia brand yogurt???

I have been having a terrible problem with my stomach and have seen the tv commercials and wondered if anyone has tried it and gotten the benefits from it that the commercials claim.

I'm going to give it a shot, can't hurt, but was wondering if I could get a personal testimony about it. I have to do something. I have been on a very restrictive diet and I can't go on eating like this or feeling like this much longer.

Thanks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dux, we've bought & sold three houses over the past 6 1/2 years, and it's unbelievably stressful. If your market is good as ours here in the west, and your agent is a hard worker, then it should be sold by next Friday for sure. Our last two houses sold in a matter of hours. I'm glad you've found a house you love.

MRD, I don't know what kind of stomach issues you've had, but from my own experience I can tell you that dairy products really don't help (same goes for white-flour carbs). I've tried the Activa yogurt and honestly, I didn't see any difference between it or any other kind. Yogurt is a great choice to use for a dairy serving, of course, but plain old fibre is best (whole-wheat, fruit, vegs).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2602382;
    Dux, we've bought & sold three houses over the past 6 1/2 years, and it's unbelievably stressful. If your market is good as ours here in the west, and your agent is a hard worker, then it should be sold by next Friday for sure. Our last two houses sold in a matter of hours. I'm glad you've found a house you love.

MRD, I don't know what kind of stomach issues you've had, but from my own experience I can tell you that dairy products really don't help (same goes for white-flour carbs). I've tried the Activa yogurt and honestly, I didn't see any difference between it or any other kind. Yogurt is a great choice to use for a dairy serving, of course, but plain old fibre is best (whole-wheat, fruit, vegs).
    Well, I don't eat a lot of dairy and I do eat a high protien, complex carb diet, except for the past 2 weeks where I've been on a bland diet with a lot of "white" carbs. But my regular diet doesn't include the white carbs, except for the occasional potato. I have increased my fiber intake and have seen some good results. But the bloating and all that that the activia says it helps is what I was thinking about.
    The dr. have gone from saying I had ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, gastroenteritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and now just plain old simple IBS.
    I can't continue on the bland diet as its wreaking havoc on my hypoglycemia.
    But it seems that when I go back to regular foods (even if its just grilled chicken adn brown rice), my stomach issues flare up again. I'm so sick of saltines, jello, toast and bananas I could just spit.

Thanks for telling me about your experiences. I never trust commercials until I've heard someone else try it and tell me their experiences.

I like the Activia yogurt but mainly because it comes in prune, which I haven't seen before and it's delicious. Have you tried things like ginger tea?
    Count your blessings!

I would also stay away from bananas. I personally love them, but my doctor told me they are really hard on the stomach.

It's terrible to have digestive/stomach problems. The worst part is, you feel hungry, but then when you eat you end up feeling awful. I take medication for my problems, and I find it helps a lot. If you're not already on meds for it - or if you're taking something and it doesn't help - let your doctor know. The problem with that, of course, is that a lot of the drugs available are really expensive.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2602405;
    Well, I don't eat a lot of dairy and I do eat a high protien, complex carb diet, except for the past 2 weeks where I've been on a bland diet with a lot of "white" carbs. But my regular diet doesn't include the white carbs, except for the occasional potato. I have increased my fiber intake and have seen some good results. But the bloating and all that that the activia says it helps is what I was thinking about.
    Thanks for telling me about your experiences. I never trust commercials until I've heard someone else try it and tell me their experiences.
    My sister has many diet issues due to having weight loss surgery, and gets sick almost every time she eats any red meat, and about 3/4 the time with chicken. The only meats she can eat with no trouble are fish and seafood, but not fried ones. (In fact almost all fried foods make her sick as well) omaybe you could try eliminating red meats if you eat them. Also, she says oatmeal is about the only breakfast food that doesn't make her vomit.

Taking an acidopholus tab, without the yogurt, might help some. Anyway, I hope you get it figured out soon.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I know its not red meat or fried foods as I haven't eaten either in weeks.
    After being told it was a variety of different problems, my doctor has finally said it's IBS which I've had before and apparantly it goes with having fibromyalgia. What I've been told is that its a sensitivity in the nerves of the colon, so it doesn't matter what I eat. Some foods are worse than others, but I've given up all trigger foods: caffiene, alcohol, dairy and chocolate.
    And I've added fiber. But its just taking so long to get better.

I know from the past that it can flare up and then go away and I can eat stuff that I might not be able to eat during a flareup.

It's not associated with my weight loss surgery as I had this before I had the surgery, but I haven't had it in a long time. And not to get two graphic, but there are 2 ways it can go and before I had the other way than I have now.

Even though I eliminated most dairy a while ago, I thought that maybe the activia might help.

But I am going to have to give up the bland, white food diet as its really messing with my hypoglycemia. And I'm wondering if the change in the way I started eating about 6 weeks ago for the hypoglycemia had anything to do with this recent flareup.

Thanks all for the advice. The good news is that since I can't eat much, my weight loss has taken off again. Heck of a way to do it though.

+ Reply to Thread