+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5866Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hey, thanks for the information. I was hoping to hear from people who've been through the process and would say, "Oh, it's a snap!" But, of course, that's just a fantasy! It's pretty tedious. You go on Medicare's website, punch in all the medicine your mom or dad need, and then it spits out dozens of companies that participate in the prescription program (in our case, over 80 companies). There's no price comparison so it involves phoning up lots of companies, discussing cost etc. It's not hard work--just tedious and time consuming. I am going to have to take a vacation day from work and just spend the whole day going through this and picking the plan that seems best suited for them. Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wonder if AARP could help you out?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hey,Lois, check with your local Office of the Aging. When my parents needed to pick a plan they met with someone there and had it all explained and then picked out the plan and had help filling out the forms.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I had too many shows to watch tonight. It's like whoa! It started with Prison Break and ended with The Bachelor, Nancy Grace and Life of Ryan.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I did find out that the yearly enrollment period (for the Plan D program) is from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, and they said the plans now will most likely change. So it's best to start looking at what the new plans are offering around mid-October. The monthly premiums also vary between $17 to $110 each month, so I have an idea of how much this will cost my parents, too. I'm making headway folks! Thanks again.

Lois Lane Try the council on aging they'll sit with you and your parents and discuss their options with you, and they'll explain it to you in ENGLISH not insurance speak.
    I also am lactose intolorant, so I drink soy milk and I bring lactose pills with me to work so when I eat my cereal I won't eat it dry. Plus I take viactive easy to swallow calcium with vitamin K and D, so I get my calium and the all important vitamin D and K
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2582146;
    we have a H-D Ultra Classic Electra Glide - it's a lot of fun.
    I don't 'drive' myself anymore - tried that several years ago - didn't go well.
    But I'm quite happy on the back seat with hubby now.
    Thanks Schmoo2 my hubby wants to get a Honda Shadow with a Sissy bar for me.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Started tutoring elementary school students in reading this week! I've been looking forward to this. They definitely play as many mind games with you as you let them get away with! I've quickly discovered that they not only need help with reading, but they also need positive reinforcement on a social level. Actually, most of them are good readers, so far. Only 30 minutes/session!

I'm now starting to think about tutoring adults, which I think would be really cool! Volunteer work rocks!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo;2587477;
    Thanks Schmoo2 my hubby wants to get a Honda Shadow with a Sissy bar for me.
    Hubby had a Sabre and I had a Shadow VLX. Nice bikes.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2589902;
    Started tutoring elementary school students in reading this week! I've been looking forward to this. They definitely play as many mind games with you as you let them get away with! I've quickly discovered that they not only need help with reading, but they also need positive reinforcement on a social level. Actually, most of them are good readers, so far. Only 30 minutes/session!

I'm now starting to think about tutoring adults, which I think would be really cool! Volunteer work rocks!!

I totally agree! My hat is off to you. What a great thing you are doing. I hope you inspire others to do great things. (my husband used to tutor adults in reading and loved it. He doesn't have the time now anymore unfortunately.)

I love to volunteer and I LOVE volunteers. I just think that as socially responsible citizens of this planet, that it is our responsibility to give to others in any way possible when we can and volunteering is such a great way to give. You rock!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread