+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4479Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2582370;
    prhoshay.....*high five* Exactly!! Thank goodness for yogurt.
    Same here! I'm somewhat lactose intolerant, so any more than a splash of half-and-half in my coffee or a spoonful of ice cream makes me very uncomfortable (and often kinda smelly). I'm grateful for yogurt, cheeses, and whatever other cultured stuff that removes the lactose but leaves in the calcium and vitamin D.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2582236;
    I'll be right over. You hit my weak spot!

Doxie, I have the sandwich gene too. I'm too lazy to cut the crust off the PB&J, so I cut the sandwich or break it in half and eat up to the crust.

When you say canned ham, is it the Deviled ham? I LOVE deviled ham and mayo sandwiches. My whole family were BIG sandwich eaters. My daughter HATES sandwiches. My favorite is still grilled cheese. NOTHING beats a great grilled cheese and mine has to be mashed flat while grilling.
    I loved mashed up grilled cheese too. The canned ham that I use for ham salad is not Deviled ham - it's in cans like tuna and chicken come in. I mix it with some mayo and mustard and either dill relish or diced up pickles. Everyone thinks this is disgusting when I mention it. However, it is the first thing that is GONE when I serve it as a dip at our annual Christmas Party.

EWW - I don't drink milk out of anything other than a glass either. It's much better ice cold in a glass.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2582677;
    Same here! I'm somewhat lactose intolerant, so any more than a splash of half-and-half in my coffee or a spoonful of ice cream makes me very uncomfortable (and often kinda smelly). I'm grateful for yogurt, cheeses, and whatever other cultured stuff that removes the lactose but leaves in the calcium and vitamin D.
    Ellen, they do have lactose free milk now--I've been using it the last couple of years since I suddenly became lactose intolerant, and it's great for anything you use regular milk in; it even comes in regular 2% and skim. I only rarely just drink a glass of milk anymore, though.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2582907;
    Ellen, they do have lactose free milk now--I've been using it the last couple of years since I suddenly became lactose intolerant, and it's great for anything you use regular milk in; it even comes in regular 2% and skim. I only rarely just drink a glass of milk anymore, though.
    Yeah -- I've used that, too, on occasion in lattés or recipes. Maybe it's something similar to "aversion therapy," but since becoming lactose intolerant, I just don't like drinking a cold glass of milk anymore. I used to love it with a cookie or brownie or whatever, but now? Just doesn't "do it" for me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2582832;
    I loved mashed up grilled cheese too. The canned ham that I use for ham salad is not Deviled ham - it's in cans like tuna and chicken come in. I mix it with some mayo and mustard and either dill relish or diced up pickles. Everyone thinks this is disgusting when I mention it. However, it is the first thing that is GONE when I serve it as a dip at our annual Christmas Party.

I had a ham salad sandwich with onion chopped into it, and it was one of the more interesting things I've ever had. That has been years ago! Thanks for the memory!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I crossed the border to the the States today and had to run a couple of errands with my mom at Walmart. My mom was looking for a silicon baking pan, so I asked one of the ladies that worked there if they had a Starfrit section. She looked at me in such a weird way, she was either completely stupid or Starfrit is Canadian. Poor girl had no clue what I was talking about. (It is indeed Canadian and it's a fun company that sells kitchen gadgets at relatively inexpensive prices).

I'd have looked at you weirdly, too, as I've never heard of Starfrit (till now). To my knowledge, there's no such animal here in SoCal. Sounds like fun, though. We do have a fun, not-too-expensive cookware store in Pacific Beach called "Great News" -- I think it's just local, though.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

MEDICARE PRESCRIPTION PLAN question

Hey all,

Do any of you have the prescription plan through Medicare? (I think it's called the Prescription Plan B) I'm trying to help my parents get it and frankly, the medicare website confuses me. I've heard that it's pretty confusing and that there are different plans depending on the type of medicine the patient needs. I guess my confusion is that what if the type of medicine a senior citizen needs changes within the year, and it isn't covered by that particular plan anymore? (e.g. You start off purchasing a plan that covers arthritis but later the doctor changes your meds to something like heart disease and takes you off the arthritis medicine -- I know this is a bad example 'cause why wouldn't you be on both prescriptions... I'm just trying to think of exclusive example!) Then are you stuck paying premiums for a plan you don't need, or do they let you change plans for what you do need? Or can you only change once a year?

My folks are in Illinois, so I'm not sure if they need to go through the state or federal programs.

Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks, FoRT friends!!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I believe it's called plan D. Most insurance companies have info on it. In Ohio you have to be specially licensed in order to sell it. We have a lot of people going to the pharmacists since they have all the information.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My son worked for Humana for a summer, and it was his job to explain all of the Medicare changes to whomever needed the information. My point is that if Humana was doing it, I'm sure the other insurance companies are doing it, too.
    They should have people especially trained in giving out this info.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread